Shadow Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Ops

MMnnn, I had great hopes (hollywood style production, THX sound etc) for this but it's a bit of a letdown. Graphically the framerate chugs with sub Rainbow 6 visuals and the gun/player movement is very jarring. Gameplaywise in single player the game throws loads of enemies at you, always spawning from the same point every game (yawn) and all vestiges of reality are dispensed as you firefight enemies with AK's at six feet or less away from you. An arcade feel is present with health pickups and ammo a necessity, often you have to backtrack to get them in hope of finishing the level.

Multiplayer is like a somewhat graphically refined Counterstrike with some fun to be had in capture the flag and team games. However you will have to put up with a very clunky front end & menu system, with no lobby after game to set up teams, chat etc. Also the game takes ages to load, flicking through about three loading bars. make a cup of tea, I kid you not!

If like me you play Rainbow 6 and were hoping for more of the same, avoid. It's a game that would have kicked arse a few years ago. Now it's just arse.

Quite frankly this game disgusts me and leaves me wondering what I did wrong, and why am I being punished as a gamer? Go boil your face instead of buying this ****.

Comment

I must congratulate Atari on the decision not to include a Dedicated Server option for online play - thanks Atari, i love laggy games

Comment

Transformers, Driv3r, Shadow Ops... anyone noticing a pattern?

Still, Atari's releasing Ribbit King - so it's not all bad.

Comment

Working...
        X