Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi region Super Nintendo solutions

Hi,

I recently bought a 'mega key' cartridge for my Megadrive which allows me to play games from every region on my PAL MD... I would like to know if there is a similar device for a PAL Super Nintendo, or is the only option for me to buy a Japanese Super Famicom?

Thanks,

Wim

I've come across the 'Action Replay Pro', and it seems to allow import play??does anyone here know how it works?

Comment

yeah, you need to plug a UK cartridge into the rear slot and an import cartridge into the top.

only found this out the other day lol

Comment

There are loads of convertors available for playing import snes or super famicom games on a PAL SNES.

I've had most success using the Programmable Universal Adaptor which was manufactured by Datel.

Not all convertors will play all the games though. Lots of the earlier adaptors won't play the games released later in the SNES's life, eg Super Mario RPG or Street Fighter Zero 2.

The convertor mention above has played all but one game which I have tried it with.

Try a search on ebay for SNES Adaptor or Convertor. There is a Programmable Adapter for auction on eBay at the moment but it has reached ?27 which is staggering considering they only cost ?14.99 originally and you can pick up Super Famicom for not much more. The price probably reflects the fact that this works with the most games.

targa

Comment

I have a plain convertor, NTSC to PAL and it mostly works fine, except with Street Fighter II Turbo, which can randomly reset while playing although it does say on load that it won't work properly on PAL....
          Newer models should be okay though, I'm guessing

Comment

I have a universal converter for sale now
            Do you see?

Comment

i've got an old action replay which is naff because it doesn't work with the newer stuff.
              reason being (i reckon) is because the edge connector for it only has the long central bit, and doesn't have the extra small connectors either side of it. If a game (like starfox, super sf2, etc) has the extra connectors it won't work. I managed to nab the top grey cart bit off a broken snes from work and just hacked it, so i have that stuck on now. When i sell the snes, i can just replace the top with my regular one (my cutting is hardly professional!)

my snes has the region switch, mind you, so i don't need a cart plugged in to boot, just the action replay and the us game i wanna play

Comment

Working...
              X