Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC)

I received this little slice of retro goodness this morning and since then I've been tearing my hair out at the insane difficulty of the games. Everything is neatly presented, with Megaman 1-8 unlocked from the off. There appears to be space for two extra games too which should make the slog worth it!

The NES titles are handed exceptionally well, improved upon by an optional on screen display and a handy auto save feature which kicks in after defeating a boss ( no more scribbling grids for passwords!) The dev team have also worked miracles on the old school flickering prominent in the NES originals- it's all gone!

All in all for 17 quid I can't complain, it's everything you'd expect and a little bit more for good measure!

Last edited by charlesr; 30-06-2004, 06:12.

Mine arrived this morning too.
    I've not played a Megaman game for ages and was initially frustrated by not being able to duck or fire diagonally.
    The games are much harder than stuff I've been playing recently too

Quite like it now I've come to terms with those flaws, the old games magic has shone through. The artwork on the load screens are nice too.
    The auto save and loss of flicker is a bonus.

I would also recommend using either a Hori pad or PS2 pad via convertor if playing the cube version. The standard Cube pad doesn't really suit the game I've found.

Comment

My copy arrived today also, and likewise playing with the Hori pad. Least the game saves everything when you do it, no more passwords to remember

Only two problems. First is very minor and that I didn't know Capcom did dual language GC releases, I never like French on the covers. I might have gotten it from Tronix or NCSX instead if I'd known that.

Second one is a bit more major. Reversed buttons, but I already knew that, and have been trying to adjust. I want jump on A god damn it!
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

guys where did you all get yours. the ps2 version is sold out on dvdboxoffice

so does anyone know where i can get it?

Comment

DVD Box office are terrible, avoid them at all costs.
          The best places for US games are Tronix or VideoGames Plus , but bear in mind their games have French and English on the packaging which some don't like.

Comment

i just ordered it from tronix. how long do you think it will take for them to ship after order has been placed?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X
              i just ordered it from tronix. how long do you think it will take for them to ship after order has been placed?
              They normally ship same or next day. If you chose global priority mail (the cheapest international option), then it typically takes 4 days to get the game.

Their new Fedex shipping deal is really good, by the way. They sent me Mega Man and Space Channel 5 on Wednesday last week, and I had them on Friday. Not at all bad for $14.

Comment

mine has despatched via fedex. ordered megaman and xenosaga, just wondering have any of you guys been charged customs using tronix, i did give them special instructions to mark the price down. i dont know if they did that though

Comment

I got mine from DVD Box Office yesterday.
                  Not being able to swap the jump and shoot buttons is really anoying me.

Comment

I really don't understand the bizarre decision to reverse the controls on the GC version and not offer a button config option. The other GC Megaman game (Network Transmission) and the PS1 versions all offered the "standard" layout and a button configuration option and no-one had a problem with that.

That and the fact that I don't have a US PS2 and already do have the excellent versions of 1-6 and 8 on the PS1 mean that I won't be getting this. A shame since it was one of my most eagerly-anticipated titles of the year

Comment

Word on the button configuration :S
                      Got my copy today from dvdboxoffice, but jump and fire the other way around makes a hard game even more hard unfortunately (even with a Hori).

Is it just me or is the game much faster than the PAL NES version? The gameplay and music seems much faster and I know there's a difference between NTSC and PAL (50hz vs 60hz), but for my feelings it seems to fast :P

Oh yeah, I'd also like to know, I could beat the Quickman stage on the PAL NES version without the Time Stopper, but with the NTSC Cube version I really don't make it. Has anyone else got this experience as well? heh

Comment

i recieved just recieved mine with a copy of xenosaga that doesn't work

i'll post my thoughts on it once ive played it more

Comment

What's wrong with Xenosaga? Does it just not boot? Some PS2s and mod chips apparently have trouble with DVD9s. Try resetting the PS2 with the disk in, or launching it from the browser menu. I think, although I could be wrong, that if you have an older Magic mod chip it will be unreliable or simply won't work.

Comment

i have the hk messiah installed as far as i know because my gf picked it up for me in malaysia. it seems to boot games from the hk messiah instructions i have read on the web.

FFX, FFX-2 and onimusha 3 seem to work fine on it, i dont know if they are dvd-9
                            Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 02-07-2004, 15:51.

Comment

ive finally managed to get it to work. i had to reboot the machine about 8 times before it finally managed to do it, im not the only person with a hk messiah that cant get it to boot first time i found out the answer by google

Comment

Working...
                              X