Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commodore C64c fuse

Hi peeps.
    A while back some of you were offering to rummage around to see if you have a spare fuse for my C64c which seems not to work because the fuse is NOT EVEN THERE.

It says "250Volts" on one end and "Buscsomethingorother 1.5" on the other and looks like:

Many thanks

I'm amazed you can't find one in your area Charles

I might have one about here... will check. Might need it for myself though...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Ill have a quick rummage around in a bit as my lights (photographic) use fuses like those.
      Ill keep you updated.
      Wont be long
      Nick.

Comment

Haven't got one mate,sorry.
        Could probably get you one though,let me know if you get stuck.

Comment

Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk) have some 1.25" fuses in various ratings. I think GL76H may do the job as it is 1.6A. Just do a search on fuse and then click the 1.25" fuse to get the complete list of the ratings. They come in a 10 pack for 99p + postage of course. Order early enough and they will arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Maplin is down atm. I'll check later. Thanks.

Comment

I'll open my C64 and check the real rating of the one in there tonight.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

A search on gl76h brings up the correct page. It is back up now.

Comment

Man back in the day the fuse's on my (and my mates) c64 where always blowing !

In the end we just bought soem fuse wire and wrapped that around the clips !!

Worked a treat, even to this day !

Comment

It's a 1.25" 250V 1.5A normal blow (although a quick blow will do) fuse, if the fuse blows when plugging in then use a Time Delay fuse instead (GL93B). 1.6A Will be fine.

Any decent electrical or electronics shop will have these in stock.

Comment

I always felt like a right fool going into my local electrical shop and asking for a quick blow

Comment

Maplin will do then, unless you want to try any local electronic component places... assuming there are any.

Comment

I've ordered a bag of quick blow and a bag of long blow, so if anyone needs any.... I've got a few now.
                          As always, thanks for the advice dudes.

Comment

Working...
                          X