Odyssey 1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odyssey 1 & 2

The earliest video game home console in the World. Here are some nice links that describe the 1970s Magnavox Odyssey consoles 1 & 2.

Old skool gaming!! 8)

The Odyssey one is a masterpiece of engineering and we all owe Ralph Baer a drink for spending nearly 15 years getting it from a plan to a working state..

Still I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the Brown Box displayed in Game On as well as have a long interview with him in person.

Comment

Hopefully I'll get to see said Brown Box at this year's CGE... I missed the last time it was there...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I love that tussle between Magnavox & Nolan Bushnell of Atari, where Bushnell saw Odyssey I at a demo and then went off to mastermind Pong for the arcade. Then in the later court case he admitted that he had been at the Odyssey I demo, but that the system left so little impression on him that he quickly forgot about it and therefore it in no way contributed to arcade Pong! People had some business style back then.
        Ralph Baer's Odyssey got home console systems started, the other cornerstone system was the Atari VCS and I still have my 2600 console. 8)

Comment

Working...
        X