Virtua Cop 3 (Arcade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtua Cop 3 (Arcade)

Huh, couldn't find a thread for this but sorry if there is one.

Anyway I just went down to my local bowling alley and they've got a Virtua Cop 3 cabinet. What struck me first was the graphics... you're talking Doom 3 style here, with amazing character models and textures. Anyway it looked good so I went to have a go when I noticed its got pedals a la Time Crisis?? Uh-oh, I thought, Virtua Cop is giving up being original and is being a boring copy cat. But I put my quid in nonetheless and Its a fantastic game! The pedal isn't used for ducking but to put the game into Max Payne Bullet Time mode. Ok, so thats still not very original but in an arcade gun game it felt very unique. Its not just for shooting bad guys in slow motion either. The game occasionally features moments when the pedal icon flashes on screen and you have to be a sharp shooter in slow motion for example shooting 4 points on a chandalier to make it fall on a group of terrorists. But its most fun just using it to whup ass...One highlight came when my mate was playing, a knife guy came up from below the screen, he stamped on the pedal and unloaded a full 2 clips into him! Oh, how we laughed.

The gameplay itself is virtually unchanged from previous virtua fighters (if you ignore the bullet time). You still go from location to location with idiot hostages popping up at the most inopportune moments. I feels slightly easier then the first two however, and being only a quid a credit you get your money's worth everytime. A great addition to the virtua cop franchise!

Yeah it is rather good isn't it. It's been out for about a year now I think, so your bowling alley is way behind the times.

The bullet time concept has been used to great effect imo. It's not just a gimmick.

Comment

Working...
    X