Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES! I get my DC back today after months of absence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES! I get my DC back today after months of absence...

I lent it to my Uni mate back in March and I haven't played a Capcom fighter since I don't think, apart from arcade CvS2 in Manchester.

My mates have gotten into CvS2 on the X-Box and I keep telling them there're better games from the same stable. I hope they don't moan about the sticks when we finally get things set up though, the wannies, I had to adapt to the awful X-Box pads to be fair.

I just have to rely on my other mate remembering to pick it up when he gives him a lift home today at some point. He'd better not forget!

Damn, my DC has almost become a retro memory of times long gone.

I should really get an X-Box + broadband at home so that I can play Jassi and a few others. I used to love playing Phillai and Mosquito on SSF2X on WinKawaks, then my PC went crap along with my Lik-sang USB stick convertor going tits.

Nice one, i sold my DC to a mate a while ago, i do miss it awfully. Expescially Bangai-O and 3rd Strike.

We've just got the BB, so hopefully i can get meself an Xbox and Live with SF3 3rd strike and Halo 2 at xmas (only time i can justify the purchase being skint).

I want to join in on the online gaiming thread.

Comment

Dreamcasts are so cheap no that there really isn't any excuse not to own one. I picked a second one up myself earlier this week from cash converters for only 15.00.(Half the price of a PS2 game.) Mainly for use on my monitor through a VGA cable. Games too can be quite reasonable with mose pal releases only costing a couple of pounds. I just love it.

Comment

I bought a DC for ?20 from Gamestation a couple of weeks ago and lent it to a mate - simply because I can play it when I am over there. All my old games work (shock! - the old DC laser died, PS2 style) - and Sonic Adventure 2 is just timeless. The lovely framerate and speed of the thing means you can hardly tell it isn't from this generation..

And DC replaying got me into Space Channel 5 part 2. Lovely!

Comment

I don't have the money to have my Jap DC & games posted to me from England As a result I haven't touched a DC for a couple of years now. Really miss the games TBH, I'd kill to play Powerstone again. You know what I didn't get round to though? Outrigger(sp?) That Sega developed 1st person shooter, I cancelled my sub to Edge so I never saw a review for it, was it any good?

Comment

Im looking for a cheap dreamcast again after selling mine and about 20 games to fund my PAL Gamecube. Oh those were the days.

Anywhere doing them cheap eg ?20?

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
              You know what I didn't get round to though? Outrigger(sp?) That Sega developed 1st person shooter, I cancelled my sub to Edge so I never saw a review for it, was it any good?
              Not too much. It was briefly fun online but the offline mode got old quickly. At one time in its development it had support for the Virtual On twin-sticks which was cool, shame it wasn't put in to the final version.

Comment

Yep Outrigger disappointed me big-time. Its not a horrible game its just so basic and its sad because the potential was there. A refined and padded-out sequel would have rocked.

Comment

Working...
                X