Gradius V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gradius V

Very short play at an (outdoor!) demo pod.

Some of these thoughts may have been made inaccurate by the scorching weather but I really quite enjoyed this. When you start, you choose the power up route (as old) and I think I chose a **** one. Then I couldn't find the power up button so messed up what I wanted to do. Yay for me! But I got it eventually (having missed the speed up tag - I was....sluggish).
    The graphics on (presumably the first level) are lush with some classic fodder at the start. I can imagine the screen being very busy on later levels. The middle portion has these massive asteroids flying into the screen and then staying on your visual plane. You can destroy them though and, they seem to have some kind of gravity effect on them too. The boss does some rotating and has some strong beams. I enjoyed it but its difficult to judge in the time.

a friend of mine has been playing the almost final beta of this at konami, she says its fantastic. even if it wasn't i would have still got it anyway because im a huge fan of gradius, i have it on preorder now. apparently the first pressing of the game comes with a book about vic viper and a making of dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X
      apparently the first pressing of the game comes with a book about vic viper and a making of dvd.
      You sure about this ? It's usually mentioned on the Play-Asia site. There is mention of a DVD on the official website but I thought it was a seperate one like with Ikaruga.

Comment

this is where i heard it from anyway and they are usually reliable http://www.gameforms.com/news/?1231

if anyone can find more info, please post it here

Comment

Hmmm. This might suggest otherwise.

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

I was silently hoping they'd do a 'Cave' and included it with the game. Can't find anything on the Vic Viper book though. It says the DVD has limited availability, anybody know if this was the same for the Shikigami II/Ikaruga DVD's ? Since both are still in stock I'm not really in a hurry to order. Should I be ?

Comment

Just read the article on Gameforms. Let's just hope they are right and PA needs updating. I really wan't that book !

Comment

Dave at Jpngames lists a Gradius V set with DVD & booklet on his preorder page - click, but it's a Konamistyle thing - has to be ordered directly from them I believe (at least until Playasia get their grubby little mitts on it that is)

Comment

I keep learning new stuff (and will need to, looking at the amount of text in the book). Cheers Geoff.

Comment

that site doesn't have a price or a logical way of ordering. if someone comes across a website that says it comes with all the extras for gradius V, please post the url here. i really want to get it.

Comment

For JPNGames.co.uk you click on 'How to Order' tab at the top. It will give the details there.
                    Co-incidently VGI curently have Gradius V with extras for preorder for ?59.99 (preorder price) or ?64.99 (once released)

The choice as they say, is yours.

Comment

thanks for the links. i just made my order on VGI

Comment

are vgi very reliable, they dont have an automated service detailing your order and stuff. but they did promptly reply to my e-mail asking if my order was taken.

Comment

I pre ordered the game from play asia ages ago. If i buy the separate DVD will i have everything that you get with the other set, will i get that book thingy?

Comment

No. Apparently you only get that and the "Premium DVD" if you order from konamistyle.

To those who have played it:

What's the scoring system like? Is it good old fashioned Gradius style, or is there a Treasure-style chain/combo system?

Comment

RE: ZeroX
                              VGI are reliable - going by my past experience. Although funnily enough, i've never used their web based shop. I always phone them up and order over the phone

RE Gradius
                              The DVD that comes with it is supposed to be with first pressings of the game, or something along those lines. The book is a konamistyle thing only. It wont be given as a bonus to first orders (or whatever) it's only available through the konamistyle shop. There is another DVD 'Gradius V: The Perfect' which i assume is another masterplay DVD of some-sorts, which you buy seperately.

Comment

Working...
                              X