Sudeki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudeki

In this month's OXM there is a demo for the upcoming RPG Sudeki. Usually I don't play demos of RPGs because the whole experience is so hard to enclose in a mere demonstration, but I've been looking forward to this one for so long that I couldn't help it. And dammit, but that was awesome. I love the realtime combat, with the option to slow it down while you down potions and ready special attacks. The graphics are eye popping, and the combat blew me away. If the end product (which comes out on the 20th of this month) is even half as good as this I'll be extremely happy.

Anyway, go check it out. I hope you like it as much as I did.

Looking forward to this also, though I have not been able to play the demo as I only have a US Xbox.

Incidentally, there are lots of very recent (and free) clips at www.kikizo.com

Between this and Tales of Symphonia, I am going to have to set some time aside...

Comment

Yup, I'm definitely buying this one too and I don't even need a demo to convince me. Out of curiosity, how's the dialogue and voice acting? I'm not looking for Shakespeare here, just something no worse than the average (it's the combat & exploration which interest me most abut Sudeki).

Comment

Just finished the demo. Actually really good, the combat isnt the most in depth ever, but it works well, the boss in the demo looks lovely but is very easy to kill. 1st person characters dont really feel right in a game of this genra, but perhaps I wasnt using them right lol. You cant jump (or I havent found a way to yet) and the puzzle in the demo was pretty tombraider/zelda/legacy of kain block ish, and you can only push/pull not side to side which annoyed me. Still it was a short demo and thats the only negatives I can think of...

Im just pissed off the good looking female character sounds like a blond bimbo on helium.

Edit- the voice acting and everything to do with story appears to be below average at best. Thats the impression ive got from the demo only. The sayings the characters have when you use a special move are pretty cool though.

Comment

Bowser, from what I saw and heard, it was okay. There were some names and terms tossed out that I wasn't familiar with, so it sounded odd, but the deliveries were good. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowser
            Yup, I'm definitely buying this one too and I don't even need a demo to convince me. Out of curiosity, how's the dialogue and voice acting? I'm not looking for Shakespeare here, just something no worse than the average (it's the combat & exploration which interest me most abut Sudeki).
            I was watching a few gameplay movies of this the other day. The voice acting looked a mix bag, littered with a variety of rancid voices thrown in for good measure.

Comment

I enjoyed the demo too, took me a while to suss out how to use the magic, potions etc but it's left me looking forward to the full game.

Voice acting and characters don't impress me too much but I'm not going into this expecting a groundbreaking rpg so I'll take it as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltatri3
                Im just pissed off the good looking female character sounds like a blond bimbo on helium.
                I'm... sorry, I could have sworn you just insinuated there were actually good-looking characters in Sudeki. That can't be right.

Eh, it's an RPG on the XBox, you take what you're given... still, I can take sub-par voice acting/plotting/hideously ugly, tacky, tasteless character designs, since it does look quite pretty from what screens I've seen and the gameplay ideas and whatnot sound intriguing. I'm happy to give it a fair chance... the PAL release date pisses me off, though Microsoft must be desperate to finally make a mark on the console RPG market in the States, I guess...

Comment

Western developed console style RPGs.....................when will these people ever learn.

From the look of this the art guys couldn't design their way out of a paper bag, top it with tacky American voice acting, release it on the bloody Xbrick and you have a recipe for mundanity.

IMO of course, YMMV

Comment

Come on now... Western developed console RPGs aren't an excuse for what appears immediately generic design.

Comment

Hmm, there's plenty of generic design in non-Western RPGs too. It's just wacky generic :-) I quite like the blend of East & West in Sudeki, from the screenshots anyway. Combat sounds interesting - I'm fed up with staccato random battles and turn-based combat (too much Wild Arms 3 recently). I'll definitely be getting this one.

Comment

My only problem with Sudeki is that it's pretending to be something that it isn't (ie a Japanese game).

If you're not Japanese, don't try to be. Form and develop your own identity.

If this turns out to be good, then all will be forgiven of course.

Comment

If you haven't done so already, check out our Sudeki Interview, which is theamed mostly around the style they've used for the game.

Comment

Why is it called Sudeki?

Comment

I have played the demo too.

I was really looking forward to this, but I was left a little underwelmed...

The puzzles were obvious, in your face. A dead end room with moving blocks, another dead end room with moving blocks I wanted to see a bit of exploration and figuring out where to go next.

I hated the voice acting!! Wasn't one of the girls Julia Sawalha!?

The fighting was a lot more enjoyable than a standard RPG but again the random fighting of enemies puts me off.

I think the main problem is I am not a massive fan of RPGs but this one looked a bit more action orientated which is why I was hyped to play it. However after doing so I realised that it still has a lot of the typical RPG elements which I find annoying.

At the end of the day tho it was only a demo and didn't really show much (at all!) So I will still be getting it I'm just not as hyped anymore...

Comment

Working...
                              X