Strikers 1945 1&2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strikers 1945 1&2

Don't know if anyone else bothered to pick this up for the PS2 - it's only ?23 delivered from Play-asia. Was playing this for a bit last night and it's not too bad in a very retro kinda way.

The package contains both games with part 2 being only slightly better than the original and not much else.

Reason I bought this is because I absolutely adore 1942 and also loved Flying Shark so any game in a similar vein is bound to attract my attention.

It is a pretty old game being released on the Saturn and PS1 in the past but is still worth a blast. I presume this is a direct port for the arcade originals and certainly the graphics don't look like they have been improved in any way. Not really up to the recent ESPgaluda in terms of pyrotechnics and style and I found it to be pretty easy to make progress on Normal but worth a punt if you like this genre.

Still playing Strikers 1945 on my Saturn, much prefer the original to the sequel. have they added any new modes at all, or is it just a straightforward conversion? Doesn't sound too bad at that price though...

Comment

Does it save your highscores? I own Strikers II on my PAL PS1 and it won't save high scores. Might pick up this one if it does.

Comment

Looks like there is also a PAL version coming out at a budget price in a matter of weeks

1945 Arcade versions for PS2

Comment

Yeah - ?9.99 at Play:

If it's the same one, and I can't see why it isn't.

I'll try and answer some of the queries above about the Jap version later this evening. Been too busy at the moment.

Comment

Got mine this morning and im not even sure its worth the budget price

Whats up with the pixelated explosions and the "off" screen size? It really deserved more care than this.

I wouldn't recommend the pack to anyone, Hunt out the Jpn PSone versions if you can spare the slight extra outlay.
            Last edited by Kron; 08-07-2004, 11:02.

Comment

The PAL PS1 Strikers 1945 II is about a fiver in your local Asda, or at least it was in mine last time I looked.

Comment

Has the PS2 version got a tate option?

Comment

Yes (on both) but its ruined by the high res filtered graphics and altered screen size.

Comment

I'm a little confused here. Which version is the "ruined" one you're talking about, the PAL budget release or the NTSC-J one? And how can it be ruined if it includes an authentic TATE mode, it should mean it is arcade perfect, no?

Comment

I've got the Korean version, The tate mode is runied as its not running at the correct resolution.

Comment

Working...
                      X