F1 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 04

Having just had my fix of another F1 race on the TV (thankfully they didn't show Schumey at all till the end!) I fired up the latest F1 game from Studio Liverpool.

The arcade racing is a laugh if you turn off the execrable American gameshow host 'You've had a crash!' voiceover that is truly one of the worst pieces of voicework I've ever experienced in a game. I know they called it arcade mode but they just took it too far.

Graphically it's really sound and control wise it's much better (i'm playing on the pad) than the really twitchy EA F1 games.

The simulation mode has varying degrees of difficulty/driver AI/car setup etc. I found most of the car set up variations unplayable and the difficulty level extremely steep ranging from an easy win every go on amateur to coming last every race (hardly a race then!) when I stepped it up one to semi -pro.

Be interested if anyone else is playing it...
    Last edited by macosx; 25-07-2004, 17:47.

Its really really awful. Have we even been playing the same game?

The handling model is dire, the cars don't feature any oversteer at all and taking shortcuts can shave seconds off your lap times.

The online side of the game is dire ghost racing (wtf)? So its effectively its just like downloading a ghost on PGR2 to race against.

Graphically sound? Hardly, this is 1st generation PS2 stuff, this is far far behind other racing titles on the market and IMO sub standard.

F1-97 is a far superior game!

Comment

Yeah i found it to be utterly awful aswell from the brief time i spent with it. Reaching max speed on the shanghai track made the tarmac go slightly glitchy for me. Graphically its absolutely awful and i dont expect to see pop up these days. The stands on that track are also awful with horrible, flat , grey textures being used throughout.
      One wonders what sony's european studios spend their time doing.

Comment

Makes Indy Car 2005 sound good (not that it's not)

Comment

Working...
        X