Rainbox Six Three - Black Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainbox Six Three - Black Arrow

Got this today, had a quick blast, and I have to admit that its going to be another stonking Xbox Live title. they've added some new modes to online play including capture the flag which looks like it will be a right laugh!

Couple of movies

Capture the Flag

Trailer high res

Cheers,
    Neil.

Have they fixed the abysmal aiming yet, if not I'll pass on this one.

Comment

what was wrong with the aiming?

Comment

Well as with most console fps, the aiming is inprecise for quick aiming to specific spots, e.g. hard to line up a headshot quickly. Also the spray and pray factor at close range was ridiculous.

I understand that the guns are less accurate when moving/holding down the trigger, but to have 2 players but 4 feet from each other, both empty a full clip into each other and have to reload and come again before one dies was bull**** to me.

Comment

never had that issue myself, and I could always hit head shots reasonably well if the target was standing still.

Comment

Yes but see a good opponent would never stand still in the first place.

Comment

@Thurrabred: I know what you mean, but it isn't a bug. If you are moving forward or circle strafing your aim will be all over the shop. If you are standing still when you fire, your aim is good. Plus you must never hold down the fire button. Double taps all the way.

This may seem odd for a FPS, but it isn't of the run & gun Doom type. You have to move around carefully and be sneaky. I love the game, and find a good Team Survival match to be very tense -much more so than faster paced games. Dying at the start of the round can be a pain sometimes.

I'm really looking forward to the new title, and the PAL version (likely to be region free) is only ?15 from play.com.

Comment

I guess my issue is that in places it makes gunfights more restrictive than real life would be. I mean in real life if 2 opposing soldiers turn a corner and face each other at close range, are they gonna hold that trigger down in confidence (and fear that otherwise they're dead), or are they gonna calmly stand still and fire off 2 shot bursts.

I'll give this new one a try, purely down to the bustling scene the game has, and hope I can enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurrabred
                  Have they fixed the abysmal aiming yet, if not I'll pass on this one.

I have had this for a while now, and I love it. If you liked the first game, then you'll love this to bits. New missions and gamemodes which will last months and months is definetly worth ?20.

And no, they haven't fixed the aiming.. It was so much better on the PlayStation2 version too. Ah well.

Comment

Ubi-Soft said that close combat is much more 'powerful' now so you shouldn't have to put more than a clip into someone now to kill them. Part of the problem i'm sure was down to lag though.

On the plus side it stops people running and gunning which isn't what R6 is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurrabred
                      Yes but see a good opponent would never stand still in the first place.
                      ok get an automatic weapon and try and shoot a stationary item whilst moving :-) Then try and shoot something moving...

Neil.

Comment

Received my copy at the weekend. Only played a bit of single player which has been great so far. Sure it's more of the same, but then that's kind of what I wanted. Not sure on what improvements have been made as it's been so long since I've played the original, but nothing feels out of place so I'm happy.

Comment

This is the import US version we're talking about... right? PAL's not due out for another two weeks...

Comment

I have PAL code.

Comment

its multi-region

Comment

Working...
                              X