XBOX - Final Burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX - Final Burn

Sorry I is LATE but I couldnt stop playing my Xbox last night (went to sleep at 6.30am) - onlt just got Final burn (safe Andy)

Final burn is da LICK! - You can switch point filtering ON and re-size the screen to get rid of the hazyness which ruins MAME. Was playing:

Gigawing (through RGB so it's better than the DC version)
    Shippu Mahou Daisakusen
    Dimahoo (cant love it enough!)
    Pocket Fighter
    Puzzle Fighter
    Dungeons & Dragons

All run perfectly ^^

SF Zero runs beautifully, as does Marvel Vs Capcom, Children Of the Atom etc.

Need. Arcade. Stick.

The Tekken 4 stick is coming out for Xbox soon but with SC2 all over it. I really want to see this, X-MAME was a blurry pile of ****.

Comment

Bruv when you see this you'll be in shock!

Everything runs fine - Gigawing is STUNNING! better than the DC one!

Comment

Nice one, tbh though it's Dimahoo that I want to see the most. I played the PCB in Japan, great game. Can the emulator run in tate mode?

Comment

Final Burn is class, it also runs quite a few of the ROMs that MAME-X rejects (due to file size). I think it's possible to get rid of MAME-X's blurryness by editing the config file and setting up the aspect ratio and filter options in a certain way.

Comment

Its cool man, cheers for cube stuff!

Do you like point filtering on??

Comment

bloody hell sounds cool..

Comment

Huh. Tell us more. Is this a new version of MAME or a new emu. Time the scoure the web methinks.

Nice

FB

Comment

Nah its not Mamex.

It supports CAPCOM CPS1, CPS2, CAVE and TOAPLAN. It pisses over Mamex even tho it dont support Neo Geo yet.

Comment

The thing that I currently don't like about the current Final Burn is how it has lost the support of the Sega games that it was originally designed to run.

The original author (a guy named Dave who frequented message boards originally as Dayvve, and later FinalDave) designed Final Burn as an emulator for the After Burner hardware almost 3 years ago. A number of Sega games were added over a 4 month period including Power Drift, Out Run and Super Hang On, although most were far from complete, accuracy wise. However, then CPS-2 emulation became possible in January 2001 and Dave was the first person to emulate the hardware thanks to the decryption tables created at CPS-2 Shock that overcame the encryption of CPS-2 hardware that made emulation impossible. However, the result of this was that with the concentration on CPS-2, the Sega games work was practically frozen. Anyway, a number of messy incidents later and he quit working on the project and eventually released the source code.

At this point another group of people (Team Final Burn Alpha) took over the project and whilst they continued the CPS-1 & 2 emulation, and added the Toaplan hardware, I still would like to see the original Sega games reinstated, especially on the X-Box iteration. I actually speak with some members of Team FBA on occasion, and they say that the Sega games will be reinstated at some point, but apparenty a lot of work is invovled. When it happens, it will probably be the catalyst to me getting a chipped X-Box.

Comment

Is this FB made better if the XB's rams is upgraded ala PC style?

Comment

It wont make a difference. Maybe when it gets more drivers, and supports more roms, some games might need more RAM.

Comment

It'd be extremely hard to add any more RAM to an xbox, even if you managed - you'd need programs that would actually support it.

Comment

Well I know once FBX supports neo geo roms, Garou MOTW would require a minimum of 128 ram, 256 preferably with a 700mhz CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
                              The Tekken 4 stick is coming out for Xbox soon but with SC2 all over it.
                              Can I have a link please, Sidez?

Comment

Working...
                              X