Juiced XB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juiced XB

Night falls and the chavs come out in their Nova GTE's and Metro turbos, racing around Maccy D's car park trying to impress some jailbait girls dressed in a short skirt and a burberry scarf, this is the world of Jucied..

I have spent all afternoon playing around with this new need for speed underground clone, the graphics look nice the car models are nice, the sound is ok, music is crap uk garage, car handling is rubbish, tap the brake and you go spinning around, massive understeer no matter what you do, handbrake might aswell be called spin button.. It aint looking good, and with Burnout 3 looming on the horizon personally i wouldn't bother with this at all.

The only interesting thing about it is the way the career mode is set up, gives you a calender with various event and meets to attend to race, bet or show off your drifting skills.

was it a demo or full finished version you played, doesn't sound good which is really disappointing, especially with the other XB Driving games on the horizon, Burnout 3, Forza Motorsport, NFSU2 etc

Comment

BO3 is going to pwn all this guff, and with breathtaking ease.

Comment

Its actually pretty good from what I've played of it, Ravon must be crap if he's spinning around everywhere.

The game has really good balance and you start to actually appreciate acceleration properties that differ from car to car unlike other similar style racers.

Comment

Doh .. i have only just found out where the custem stuff is .. lol...

BO3 is going to be better.. more my kinda game i think

Comment

Where did you get your copy from?

Been keeping an eye on this one for a while. Fans of suped up racers are spoilt for choice this year, what with Street Racing Syndicate and NFS: U 2 just around the corner too.

Comment

Its not out for another 2 weeks on public release monkey you will just have to wait .. sorry

Comment

Yeah I know, that's why I was asking where you got yours from

I just find it amazing how many non-press people can get pre-release copies nowadays.

Comment

monkey i cant believe you cannot see where people get pre release copies from...
                  Now i am not for one second suggesting Ravon has a YARRR! Version but if you wanted to, and i am not suggesting you do, it can easily be found lurking on the internet.
                  It is however unusual for a version of a game to be available so far in advance of its relase date.
                  But there has not been a console game yet that has not been available to the public a week or so before it hits stores.

The big releases will be no different (BO3 Halo2 fable)

i haven't played the full version i have played a demo and i did not like the handling either, maybe i'll give this another look in 2 weeks or so if i can pick it up cheap enough..
                  Last edited by Destrukticor; 25-08-2004, 20:54.

Comment

I know exactly where people get these copies from. I meant to put a at the end of that last statement

I just think it's funny people try to make out they have a legitimate advance copy, not that Ravon has said that mind, he well may have a legit copy, but I've seen a few threads elsewhere where people have said things like they have a friend of a friend who works for Juice Games, or that they have friends that work for a magazine who send them all these advance copies

Comment

The handling does get a little better i must add, but thats only due to adding different suspension and ride lowering the overall height..

Plus the car models are loads better than i first thought but only seems apparent when you add custom paint jobs, seems to make the car look loads better.. you get a base colour, and can add a metallica flake or even a pearl tint..

Comment

Well, I work on a mag and we haven't had any 'advance' copies.

Yarr, Ravon - yarr.

Comment

Always better to try before you buy.

Comment

or buy and take back to GAME within 10 days

Are all/most of the races in the dark ? I just hate night racing

Comment

Tommy's two word review...

It's ****

Comment

Working...
                              X