Test Drive - Eve of destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Drive - Eve of destruction

Really njoying this one, it's what Destruction Derby shoulda been on PS2.

Physics-wise its pretty decent, bumpers come off, doors etc, its pretty smooth n decent framerate as well - previous games like Crash and DD series were ok but not enough variety, in TDEOD the main game is career mode, you get to partake in aload of events, build your way up to the top from rank 100 in the events, ones to note are Red Rover, drive to the box at the other end, turn around and wait for the go signal whilst the others are coming at you!, The Gauntlet; Race around in a hearse with a coffin onboard, yes dats right a coffin and try to survive for x amount of laps with oncoming opponents lol, my fave gotta be the trailer races, racing with a trailer behind ya, smash others up before they do to you, lol there are loads more great ones - havent seen it all yet, only around 15% of the game done.

Graphics are pretty impressive and detailed, you can choose from bumper cam, dashboard cam with moving steering wheel and 2 external views.

There are upgrades to add to your car, cars to buy and switch to and fro, customisable paint jobs and you can repair your car too - this is probably the most authentic Destruction Derby game around, after winning they show you real footage of actual DD races which usually feature the next lot of events which you'll be doing - racing around with boats as a trailer ... lol

It's been a while since i last played a Test Drive game, last one was prolly on the PS1 which was pretty much pants - so now, a nice change then for the series.

This'll probably keep me going until Flat-Out is released
Working...
X