Street Racing Syndicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Racing Syndicate

What a bad time to release a racing game.

Namco (having picked this up when 3DO folded) have unleashed what can only be described as a Need for Speed Underground clone with nothing to lift it above average.

Graphically (and I have the XBox version here) it is adequate. Nice shimmery rodas for wet conditions, no noticeable popup, nice blurring effect when nitro is depressed but again, nothing that makes you say "wow!"

Gameplay comes in several flavours. I have tried quick race which involves racing in what looks like a pretty sparse city course and I also started Street Race mode where you win races to fund and customise your own cars. The car handling is more akin to PGR2 than BO3 except that the powerslides around bends is not as pronounced.

Live play is available - but I don't have Live so can't really comment.

It's probably on par with NFSU but I didn't particularly like that game. I'll give it more play - but having just received BO3 and Nascar 2005 and with the impending Outrun 2, this is going to struggle in both retail and in finding a slot in my gaming time.

Spent a couple of hours in this games company and while I wasn't totally overwhelmed to begin with I am starting to warm to it. Wasn't keen on the on rails progression you did in NFS:U, so open ended nature of SRS is a breath of fresh air (kind of reminds me of the Shotoko Battle series). I'm not digging the whole 'collecting chicks' part of the game, it kind of cheapens the whole experience, but the racing is solid so I'll probably stick with it..inbetween bouts of Burnout 3

Comment

Yeah, the chicks thing was a bit of a shock.

The Missus was watching me load it up for the first time and the titles basically had a load of big titted ladeez all over the place.

I could see the eyes piercing into the back of my head.

Comment

The reviews haven`t been good. Marks between 60-70%, most reviewers say the graphics aren`t good and the game just isn`t anything special.

Definitely not on my list, BO3 and Outrun2 will be keeping me busy.

Comment

I got involved in a bit of a threesome with One of those 'big titted chicks' (Tila Nguyen) on New years eve. How very surreal.

Comment

lol, anyone played Juiced? That seems a better game perhaps?

Comment

I can inform you that Jucied IS a better game than this POS... the FPS is just dire runs at about 20fps, and chugs even more when theres a little more detail on the screen.. Graphics wise it looks very very NFS:U yet worse..

personally i would stick with O2 and BO3, even juiced get boring very fast, due to every race being samey..

Comment

A better game in your opinion

Me personally, I'd take SRS over Juiced...by a long shot.

Comment

Im with Ravon, Juiced is the far better game out of the two.

Comment

I only played this game for one reason.... FRANCINE DEE.

Comment

IF SRS is worse than Juiced, then it must be so bad, it hurts

Comment

To be honest they both suck bigtime just one more than the other.. The modding side of things is good in J, but the races are just so dull after the 50 time.. no real challange either..

Much prefer BO3 and O2, and from what i have heard FM aint gonna be much better..they just seem to be concentrating to much on the kits and turbo additions that getting teh gameplay right first..

Comment

Originally posted by Kerraig UK
                          I got involved in a bit of a threesome with One of those 'big titted chicks' (Tila Nguyen) on New years eve. How very surreal.
                          Surreal it didn't happen surreal or surreal it happened and I think you're a lucky **** surreal?

Comment

Working...
                          X