Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help connecting to PS2 online via NTL please >_<

Lo Guys

I recently moved house and in doing so switched service providers from BT to NTL as BT wasn't available in the area i now live.

Subsequently i am now unable to connect to PS2 online.

I mangaged to connect to Xbox LIVE with the help of Roost (cheers mate)

I connected to LIVE via a crossover cable that goes from my xbox into my PC and the NTL modem is connected to my PC via USB.

So anyway i tried to reconfigure the PS2 online settings to use NTL - I choose NTL as my SP and the rest i just left to Auto detect.

I was given a MAC address and a message saying i might need to give that to my SP. Do i need to do this?

It then seemed to connect me to the internet or PS2 home page so everything seemed fine.

I then stuck in SOCOM and tried to connect to it but it timed out and said.

Could not connect to the SOCOM server. Please check to make sure your internet connection is functioning correctly and your network configuration settings are correct.

So i did. i went back into setting and put in the settings it asks for ie IP address DNS Mask ect ect

then i try to connect again

This time it starts to authenticate the DNAS data and begins to log me in then..... i says can't log into main SOCOM server can only log into backup server press x to log in. So i press x. And the same thing happens "please check your network settings blah blah blah"!!!!

Whats going on?

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Tommy

I take it your PS2 is connected to the PC which is then connected to the CM. If so have you got any firewall software running which could be blocking the protocal that SOCOM uses?

Comment

Nope, no firewall software running at all!

Any other ideas guys?

Comment

Hiya Tommy, long time no see.....

Anyway, it hasn't got anything to do with NTL requesting extra payment for people to use the PS2 online has it?

Did you run your PS2 through your computer before when using BT?

Maybe you have to reconfigure your NIC sharing as the PS2 will be using different info to login won't it?

Have you tried deleting the online software save file from your memory card and starting over from scratch?

Sounds strange and I was hoping to meet up with you for a game of Socom as my pack arrived yesterday.

Comment

Hi Zero!

Thanks for the reply man....

saw you all last night on Moto **sniff** ::wishes he was still in league::

hehe

anyway, i don't think it's got anything to do with NTL charging extra as i can get on LIVE no worries - but tbh i've not heard anything about that so i couldn't rule it out completely. I'll try erasing all the data on the card tonight see if that does anything. My LIVE account was set up using a Router but i'm unable to use that now as it's cable. With the help of roost a enabled sharing

Maybe you have to reconfigure your NIC sharing as the PS2 will be using different info to login won't it?
          I configured my NIC for sharing for xbox live so i'm guessing thats all sorted, if it does need reconfiguring for PS2 does anybody know what needs changing?

Weird one this.

Still would be nice if someone using NTL posted as they might be able to shed some light.....

thanks for all the help btw

Tommy

Comment

That's ok Tommy. Always try and help were I can. The leagues are going great guns! We have day leagues now with 2 races a night for each level.

I'm not too clued up on all the settings and stuff for online gaming but try re-installing the PS2 BB pack from scratch. If not, maybe you need to find out what your settings are for NTL and do a Manual Setup.

Anyway, let me know when you're online for a bit of Socom, Moto or GR, I hope you're still up for a race every now and then?

Comment

Got this working now Zero, so if you still fancy a game of SOCOM let me know.

Cheers

Tommy

Comment

Working...
              X