Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB networking

Hi

I just need a bit of help with networking my two PC's to use Blueyonder 512 broadband. I've registered both the MAC address's for the two machines they are both connected fine but I can't use the net simultaneously. They're hooked up by a Netgear 5 port 10/100 mbs HUB so I was wondering if there's some type of restriction when using HUB's to go online at the same time.

Any help would be great

Alex

The page gave me a 404 to Blueyonder, so they must have moved their help pages somewhere else. Anyway, a google search came up with the following, which should answer your question:

Duplicate MAC Addresses

MAC Addresses should be unique - no two network cards should have the same MAC. This feature enables us to guard against misuse of our service as our Cable Modems are configured to only listen to the one specific NIC MAC address at a time. If you attempt to enter a MAC address already in use by a blueyonder customer you will get the following error:
    Also

You may have up to 5 MAC addresses available on your account, although you can only use one at a time.

Comment

ahhhhhhh thanks for that stu. Having read the other thread about home networking it looks like im gouing to have to fork out for a router now if i wanna use the net at the same time

Comment

use a router it would be easier

try on there for them

Comment

hmmmmmm they're not as expensive as I thought they'd be thanks for the link wod

Comment

or it can be done for free,

blueyonder will allow you to connect your cable modem by usb,

you can then use programs like winproxy from www.ositis.com or winroute from www.kerio.com to share the connection through your network, its not too hard, i do exactly that

for reference, find out about your blueyonder service here

and find out more about netwroking from www.practicallynetworked.com

Comment

Originally posted by podger
              or it can be done for free,

blueyonder will allow you to connect your cable modem by usb,

you can then use programs like winproxy from www.ositis.com or winroute from www.kerio.com to share the connection through your network, its not too hard, i do exactly that

for reference, find out about your blueyonder service here

and find out more about netwroking from www.practicallynetworked.com
              Or even **cough** windows internet connection sharing if you have XP!

Comment

Working...
              X