Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pal Super Monkey Ball 2 with Freeloader - Compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pal Super Monkey Ball 2 with Freeloader - Compatible?

I bought Super Monkey Ball 2 pal yesterday and as I have a NTSC Gamecube had to use Freeloader with it but it never boots up, has anyone got any ideas on what to do? I have tried all boot methods by the way. Thanks in advance

I think its incompatible with freeloader. Most new PAL games are:

Phantasy Star Online
    Resident Evil 0

Both have the same issues. You will either have to buy the US version or wait till a newer version of freeloader is released and buy that too ! In the long region you will be better off buying the US version.

Comment

you've got a ntsc cube so why get pal games, it'll be easier to get the ntsc version as freeloader isn't quaranteed to work with every game

Comment

Phantasy Star online actually works on a US machine with Freeloader, just not online.

Well it did for me, contrary to another post where I claimed it didn't - just me feeling stupid and pressing buttons, whilst not reading what I was actually being asked by the game

Comment

I like Nintendo's approach to this.

Instead of kicking up a huge fuss and release press release after press release saying 'Nintendo can not be held responsible for any problems incurred through using Datel's Freeloader' or other such guff, they just quietly go about their business and in less than a month, incompatible games are already appearing on the shelves.

Comment

bought Super Monkey Ball 2 pal yesterday and as I have a NTSC Gamecube had to use Freeloader with it but it never boots up, has anyone got any ideas on what to do? I have tried all boot methods by the way. Thanks in advance
            i.ve got a NTSC Cube i have been playing PAL SMB2 for a week now with no problems, using freeloader 1.04.

But it only works when you use the region specific boot up i.e pressing the z button on the freeloader screen to bring up a region select menu and selecting the europe icon (the middle one) and then take freeloader disc out and put in SMB2.

Are u sure HBK1985 u have done this because i dont see any reason why it should work on my cube and not yours.

Comment

Working...
            X