Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost

Is this show airing over in the UK yet? If not, I hope it does so soon, as you people are in for a massive treat. Lost is a show by J.J. Abrams (the genius behind Alias) and it's about... well, we don't know really. I've watched every episode aired thus far (about ten or so), and I have no more idea about what's really going on than I did when it began. The show starts off with a guy waking up in the middle of the jungle, and as he stumbles after a dog he briefly sees he eventually makes his way to a beach where pieces of a passenger airliner are sprinkled all over the place. People are screaming, crying, and wandering around dazed. Many of them are dead, and a couple die on the beach, but eventually the survivors get it together and start working together to continue their survival. You learn that they were all passengers on an airliner that broke up over the Pacific Ocean, why and how we don't know. The island they are on seems to have strange creatures in it that we never get to see, and many an even stranger event takes place. Each episode covers about a day, with each one usually focusing in on the backstory of a particular character. It is really an amazing show, and the pacing is wonderful. You could probably go two seasons just learning about all these people before you ever get to the meat of what the island is all about.

Anyway, I hadn't seen this show mentioned yet, so I thought I'd bring it up. Let me know what you guys think of it when it airs over there.

Sounds cool. Knowing my luck (I just gave Sky the elbow) it won't be on Terrestrial TV for an age...

Comment

I think channel 4 picked up the rights for this recently.

Comment

cool...thansk for the info.

Comment

Great show... I'm up to episode 13 or so now and I'm loving it.

Comment

Does this have a big (yet quiet!) following at this forum? Just watched the latest episode and it was fdan-****ing-tastic. Language needed to emphasise just how good it was. So much action, so much drama, so much emotion- probably the best episode of any TV series i've ever seen.

It's also the second time i've actually welled up a little bit watching the series- not many TV shows are good enough to do that.

Of course no tears mind cos i'm big and hard like.

Comment

Just watched the latest episode too, its a great series, and some of the plot directions and characters (Mr. Lock) are fantastic. This is the only decent american drama series since 24, in my opinion.

Comment

I thought this post was to do with the Channel 4 gameshow called Lost, where they where plonked somewhere in the world and had to make their way back home (London).

Haven't seen this Lost but hearing good things about it and will watch it if it comes on any channels I have.

Comment

I just watched the latest episode. Oh ****... Thank god, finally a show that isn't afraid to shake things up in a major way. That was excellent! Can't wait to see how this season ends.

Comment

Don't think we're getting it til the Summer :/ Every week I was checking every schedule I could find to see if it was starting, then someone here at work tells me Summer is the earliest we're likely to see it.. Bah.

Edit: Early August, if this is true..
                    Last edited by D J Kix; 08-04-2005, 06:59.

Comment

Yeah i looks like august, bit silly really seeing as the r1 complete first series will be out in september.

No matter eh.

Comment

Yes matter eh, this TV show is wonderful. Far better than even the original 24 series. Don't feel bad mateys, download this show because it deserves to be watched, and you deserve to watch it. PM me for help acquiring it if needed.

Comment

just watched episode 1 - pretty damn good so far

Comment

Ditto.

I've been dl'ing episodes from the start but hadn't got round to watching them.

Just watched the first ep this morning and yeah its shaping up to be a good watch.

*Wonders what the hell is out there in the jungle.*

Comment

Thanks for the reccomendation, this slipped under my radar. Got hold of the first 20 eps, and slowly watching them, will take a while mind you. Up to ep4 now, its really quite enthralling viewing!

Comment

Working...
                              X