Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help wanted - No sound coming from Q

ft:

went round my mates last night and the Q decided to fook up on me - no sound at all coming from the GC part of the Q but sound coming from the dvd section (so its not the audio ports)

any help appreciated

camps

Hi Camps

This is a common fault on all Gamecube and Q machines - There is a small power regulator board which supplies the audio and digital port, this board can (and does) give up.

I have some damaged units at the moment and will give you a shout when they have been tested and the fault isolated.

Comment

cheers mate - much appreciated

camps

Comment

My GC sound just died.
        Details: Was using the RGB mod cable and while the GC was still switched on, I unplugged the TV end of the scart cable and plugged it back into a different port on the TV.
        Sound was no more.
        Go go Saurian...

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
          Hi Camps

This is a common fault on all Gamecube and Q machines - There is a small power regulator board which supplies the audio and digital port, this board can (and does) give up.

I have some damaged units at the moment and will give you a shout when they have been tested and the fault isolated.

Oh no, that's real bad news!!!! ft:
          Are there any precautions I can take so that my lovely Q's sound doesn't die?

Comment

charles - thats the exact same thing i did - had to change scart port due to mates tv being a **** (not being rgb compat from scart 1 but from scart 3) and sound died

sounds like its shorted out the same chip on the board as yours

Q is now in storage until a solution is found, or till i gets the cash together for a new one - which ever comes first

camps

Comment

Thanks for saying this Charles... as I've been unplugging my mod RGB cable at the Scart end occasionally with the power on also. I won't be doing that again now!
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
              X