The name game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The name game

OK, whilst working at CEX today I was having a discussion with my colleagues and I was explaining how I tend to buy import Japanese or US games and not British/PAL games.

In face the discussion got quite heated up and I struggled to come up with it.
    Yes, there must be a word that discribes it when people hate British/Pal games.

I could only come up with this word...

PALISM - People who hate British/Pal games

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way.
    Can you guys come up with a better word for this discription?

Snobs

How about PALAPHOBIC?

Comment

Palalysis.

Comment

not really a word
        your colleagues probably go on about you being anti-british and how we should buy british and help ourselves

you've the choice of better products because they're less bastardised and are full proper intacted untouched versions which also come out earlier in 99.99% of cases

ask them what cars they drive

Comment

THere aren't many microphone peripheral games released on PAL format Apple, or Webcam based Police or Kung Fu action, so I understand where you are coming from.

And the way [casual] PAL gamers treat their stuff I can definetly see your aversion.

Until 60hz, full screen and a broader share of game types is available, PAL will be the poor choice.

Comment

I could go on and on about UK games but these are the ones that come into mind that haven't been hightlighted as such...

1. People who insist on going absolutely mainstream no matter what... You know the type - The ones who buy Fifa every year non stop and buys whatever Playstation Magazine rates as 8 or above.
            2. Let me congratulate on the person that invented the UK blue Dreamcast boxes - Everytime we accidently drop the box it smashes instantly and automatically devalues the price of the game. You twat!
            3. Saying that though, Sega must be commended for introducing a 50/60 htz options in thier games. Why the hell can't anyone else do this? Surely people can't like playing the UK version of Devil May Cry with it's widescreen borders and major slowness.
            4. People who don't believe you've played such an such a game until it's officially out in this country, i.e Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime, Tekki and so on.
            5. Hmmm, can't think of anything else. I'll bitch more about the sad state of UK games when I can think of anything else...

Comment

Working...
            X