My Name Is Earl - Jason Lee Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Name Is Earl - Jason Lee Appreciation Thread

Just watched the first episode. Pretty gentle humour which hangs on whether you are a fan of Jason Lee or not.

The basic premise is that Earl is a loser who feels he has to right all the wrongs of his past (which he has put on a list) in order to have some good things happen to him. This revelation occurred after winning $100,000 on a scratch card then immediately getting hit by a car.

I have a lot of time for Jason Lee. He is by far the best thing in both Mallrats and Chasing Amy and, until he and Kevin Smith get around to remaking Fletch, I shall be checking for this show.

Any Jason Lee fans around???
    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 22-05-2007, 21:31.

Looks good, he's really got that loser/bum look down to a T. Must've spent years watching other bums intensely

Comment

Originally posted by bash
      Must've spent years watching other bums intensely
      Earl may visit a gay bar in the first episode but he all about pussy - check out his cheating missus! She HOT!!!

Comment

I want to see this! Jason Lee is quality. Is it going to be on UK TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
          I want to see this! Jason Lee is quality. Is it going to be on UK TV?
          I hope so, could see it working on E4 along side Scrubs or even Channel 4 morning slot after Friends.

Whatever man, I just need some more of Earl's brother's maid girlfriend

Comment

Watched first episode last night, really really enjoyed it. Love the fact that Willem from Mallrats is his brother in it too.

Just dl'd second ep, gonna watch it when i get home, but this looks like being one of my new favourite shows.

I'm eevn considering a moustache just like Earls :P

Comment

I'm a massive fan!

"He's got a pineapple on...."

Comment

My Name Is Earl is a very funny show. Watched the second episode last night and laughed several times. I'll certainly keep watching it.

That said, his character does remind me a lot of Hi from Raising Arizona.

Comment

Cheers for letting us know about it, gonna check it out now and get myself ep1 and 2, i dont trust UK tv to show it, will be next xmas time we actually see it knowing them.

Comment

Watched the second episode, still loving it. Earl's relationship with Crabman is quality Was loving the Blues Brothers vibe with Earl's ex trying to kill him, proper Carrie Fisher style.

With this and Everybody Hates Chris you got to feel bad for UK comedy - although I guess we have Nighty Night, Mighty Boosh and the new Nick Frost show Hyperdrive coming soon

Comment

Me and the missus sat back and watched it together, we laughed out loud at some bits jason lee is a legend, they couldnt have got a better actor to play this part.
                      Cool concept and likeable characters, cant wait to see more.

Comment

it's very very funny

love the b7 on the jukebox joke on the 1st episode

Comment

after reading this thread last night, ive watched episodes 1 and 2 and its brilliant!

i was expecting to find it crap as i dont usually agree with the majority of peoples tastes in films and tv (especially on this site), but it rules!

Comment

Watched the 2nd episode (gonna watch the 1st now :S), its pretty funny, although I can't quite help thinking Jason Lee can do alot funnier.

David Space would of been cool for the role, but then it would of just been Joe Dirt the tv series, which isn't a bad thing.

EDIT: Its kinda grown on me ;D
                            Last edited by Zanza; 05-10-2005, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                              until he and Kevin Smith get around to remaking Fletch
                              Spagmaster - I'm glad you brought up the Fletch remake - I heard Zach Braff imply that it was he & Kevin Smith who were going to do the Fletch remake. I personally think that he would be better for the (very highly coveted) role of Fletch (assuming that Chevy Chase doesn't return) than Jason Lee, even though I rate Jason Lee very highly.

What is the word on this?
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-10-2005, 08:22.

Comment

Working...
                              X