PDA

View Full Version : LAME to FAME!

Pages : [1] 2

Big Seany
26-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Stolen from Viz, as the likes of Il Postino will pick up on - but a very funny idea all the same. Anyone on here have a rubbish, tenuous link to a celebrity? Perhaps some of you have a half decent link, but the more ridiculous the better.

I will start the ball rolling by letting you know my ex-boss says she once sucked off Gary Wilmott after he had performed at Southampton Mayflower Theatre, and she was working in the pub next door at the time.

Nijo
26-10-2005, 11:56 AM
My ex-boss once started dating a girl because she worked for David Bowie. The climax was when he got invited to some private party and managed to offer Bowie a cigarette (he still has the since untouched pack today).
He later dumped the girl and told her that he'd used her. She said it happened all the time.
:blink:

mid
26-10-2005, 11:58 AM
What I find far more bizarre is the fact that your ex-boss (edit -either of you) felt the need to disclose this to you. How the hell did that pop up in conversation?

Personally, I have never performed sexual favours on a celebrity, however.

Big Seany
26-10-2005, 12:00 PM
That is great, Nijo. Exactly the sort of thing I am after.

The worse the better.

jimmbob
26-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Personally, I have never performed sexual favours on a celebrity, however.
lol, I so wish sigs were allowed on here.

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 12:02 PM
My ex brother in law was one of the founding members of Spandau Ballet.

Nijo
26-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I used to live in the same street as Natalie Portman's agent.

endo
26-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Andy McCluskey and another member of OMD went to my school, but they'd left about 5 years before I started.
I saw him at an auction once though.

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 12:06 PM
My childhood friend claims that he is related to Elton John, but I don't really believe him.

endo
Thought of another one too- I used to skate regularly with the brother of the bloke who plays keyboards for The Coral.

****- and another. A good mate of mine tapped off with the Scottish bird out of Ladytron at a party once. For realsies.

Baseley09
I were mates with the singer Sam Preston from The Odinary boys at university. I heard a demo of there's in 2k2 or so and it were ****e nu metal. We talked of us making our own band. Now they had a few hits but will soon dissapear after their latest flop.

Nijo
26-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Ooh, I've got a tenuous link to Elton John too, but I'm not going to tell you about that (the link might be reading...).

Big Seany
26-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I once bumped into former WWF wrestler Virgil as he was coming out of Ladbrokes in Shirley High Street

eastyy
well links to celebritys does including meeting them to?

Ross kemps father lived in a small village not to far where i lived

I think the woman who played pat butcher owned a holiday caravan in a coastal village about 5 miles where i lived

I met liam and noel gallagher in a pub years ago around christmas time i think one of the girls that noel (or liam) was dating her mother lived there and they visited her

Richard.John
My wife's cousin is a friend of one of the members of crap, Japanese boy band Tokio.

endo
26-10-2005, 12:11 PM
The wife of a workmate translated Schott's Miscellany into Japanese, her mate works for Namco and worked on Ridge for the PSP, and she interviewed the girl out of Harry Potter a few weeks ago. No ****, that famous.

Big Seany
26-10-2005, 12:12 PM
I got cricket coaching from Raj Maru, fat, crap long time Hampshire spin bowler

26-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Robbie Fowler's uncle or god father was my high school English teacher? Well, thats what i was told but.

jimmbob
26-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Ooh, forgot this one.
I once saw Harrison Ford and that skinny bird on a canal boat in Llangollen!
True story.

spagmasterswift
26-10-2005, 12:14 PM
A work mate went for a lager-fuelled curry meal with Kenny Baker (R2-D2) and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) after they got chatting at a convention, that just seems like one of the weirdest night out you could have >_<

I bumped into a girl I recognised (but couldn't remember where) in the market near London Bridge. We did the usual brief polite 'how are yous and what are you up to at the moments'. She was promoting 'Cheese' and had a T-shirt on that read 'Cheese is great'. I noticed her picture in the Metro the next day - it was Nell McAndrew :) God knows what she must have been thinking :ph34r:

endo
26-10-2005, 12:16 PM
I used to translate for Eurotrash but never met anyone famous while I working for them.

Crisp_Rapper
26-10-2005, 12:16 PM
my girlfriend's brother has worked on the lighting for one of coldplay's tours (before they themselves had a kid). anyway, said brother's son has thrown up on gwynneth paltrow. :D

spagmasterswift
26-10-2005, 12:18 PM
anyway, said brother's son has thrown up on gwynneth paltrow. :D

:lol: Was he listening to Coldplay at the time?

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 12:19 PM
If it includes seeing them in the street then......

Victoria Beckham in Harrods.
Geri Halliwell on South Molton Street in London.
Jenson Button on Oxford Street.
Jean Todt (f1 boss) in Selfridges.
Michael Parkinson in Selfridges.
Graham Norton in a London Pret a Manger.
Dale Winton on three occasions. Once in Soho and twice in St. Johns Wood.
Chris Eubank just off Oxford Street.
Prince Naseem at the the Virgin check in at LHR.
Richard O'Brien in a London club.
Ian Botham in the Hotel that I worked.
Tony Blackburn in the hotel restaurant.
Kenneth Wolstenholme in the same restaurant.
Angus Deayton at LHR
John Fashanu in St.John Wood, London

And that's just the ones I can remember . Phew.

endo
26-10-2005, 12:20 PM
The brother of a bloke at work plays first-team rugby for Northampton. I'm just a non-celeb magnet.

Crisp_Rapper
26-10-2005, 12:21 PM
:lol: Was he listening to Coldplay at the time?
don't think so, though i can imagine he was bored and wanted to lighten up the (no doubt tedious) conversation.

Baseley09
26-10-2005, 12:26 PM
My brothers girlfriend Helen Love did the lead vocals on a top 40 (like no. 37 or so) dance hit by "Source" in the early 90's.

eastyy
26-10-2005, 12:27 PM
A girl i knew at school her cousin was the guitarist in elastica

wicky
26-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Cheryl Tweedy's family lived in my street, she used to hang out with me and play in the street (I was good pals with her cousins) on family visits when i was young.

I had to ask a topless William Hague to get off my shoes once

I told gazza he had funny teeth when i was nine.

Someone i work with, slept with one of the guys from lighthouse family

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 12:31 PM
My mother is a friend of Michael Portillo.

Rsdio
26-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Gordon Strachan used to coach our local under 15s side, he could never remember anyone's name so god knows how he manages with all the foreign players he's worked with since.

I used to deliver post to most of Leeds' players back in their days where they spent all that money trying to buy success. Lee Bowyer's curtains were closed all day in the aftermath of that court case. After the 98 World Cup I asked David Batty if he practised his penalties in the kids' net in his back garden. He took it quite well to be fair, wouldn't have blamed him if he'd knocked me out or something :D.

26-10-2005, 12:33 PM
i think liz from ex atomic kittens wants my body, cos when i see her about she's always giving me that come hither look. Happens quite often, which is a bit scary cos i dont really like her. Maybe she thinks im stalking her or somat? Its so random and frequent that i see her, i feel as if ive known her for ages! but in fact i dont have a clue a bout her really. Bizzare!

spagmasterswift
26-10-2005, 12:35 PM
My mate did one of the remixes on the B-Side to East-17' single 'Everybody In The House Of Love"...

My sister served Keith out of The Prodigy in the Chelmsford Habitat, she said his Mum was helping him choose furniture!

My friend Rachael pushed Jeremy Beadle over in a Wagamamas - she turned around as he was reaching for his coat, freaked out by his shrivelled hand she went into survival mode and attacked him :lol:

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Attack of the crab hand!

wheelaa
26-10-2005, 12:49 PM
A mate crashed a boat into Richard Branson's luxury boat and got invited on board for lunch.

Jimmy White and Alex Higgins crashed into my mates car (whilst we were inside having a cheeky hoon)) after a skinful down the Plough. Lunch and apologies chez White the next day.

Jimmy White vommed on my fellow barman in another pub a few years later.

Jimmy White (again) almost got run over by yours truly in Epsom a few years back too.

Spent a weekend on the chang with a reserve New Zealand fast bowler in about 98 (think his name was Andy Penn but I was so ****ed I couldn't be sure)

Served Michael Aspel and his lady friend a drink in another pub I worked in a few years back (about 95). Funny thing was we assumed it was his missus..until about a week later the story broke that he had a bit on the side..the same lady he had come into my pub with (hardly surprising he got caught was it)

Called Matthew Kelly a f***ing c*** at Thorpe Park a few years back when he was filming something.

And last but by no means least (for now) I get the same train to work every morning as the actress who played Mr Beans girlfriend all those years ago:)

mr_fantazmo
26-10-2005, 12:54 PM
My dad told media mogul and former Daily Mirror owner Robert Maxwell to go and "**** himself" in a heated debate/meeting/arguament!

He also had the chance to manage Oasis before they were big but didn't because he thought the name was ****!

Nice one dad ! :D

wheelaa
26-10-2005, 12:57 PM
He also had the chance to manage Oasis before they were big but didn't because he thought the name was ****!

Nice one dad ! :DHarsh.

Reminds me though..an old hag who works for my dad is married to the chap that was in the Rolling Stones before they were called the Rolling Stones (drummer I think). He left, a year or so later the Stones are huge:). Coincidence..perhaps not.

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 01:01 PM
A family friend grew up in Livepool during the late 50s early 60s, and just happened to know some local wannabe muscians named Paul and John. Her mum even invited them round for lunch.

chosen_one666
26-10-2005, 01:08 PM
I once was on the same flight to America as former Gladiator and so called hard-man, Wolf.

And by sheer coincidence, he was on the same flight back as well.

Widegoat
26-10-2005, 01:23 PM
I once was on the same flight to America as former Gladiator and so called hard-man, Wolf.

And by sheer coincidence, he was on the same flight back as well.That wasn't the flight he was on with Panther (also from Gladiators) when on return after having got off the plane, he was walking through the airport and got sprung by Roger Cook, who quizzed him about selling Steriods to children?

Class.

On another Gladiator related note, I met Jet from the show who was opening a small carpet store in her hometown of Farnham in Surrey.

SuperDanX
26-10-2005, 01:25 PM
At the opening of a local record shop my mum got over-excited by the heady scent of fame and kissed Anita 'angie from eastenders' dobson who had come to do the celbrity opening of the shop.
Christian slater asked me about a painting when i was working in an art gallery in the early 90s when he was in london filming for interview with a vampire.
I used to go to the same school as David beckham and teddy sherringham.
Saw Brian harvey and Daniella westbrook in my local shopping centre.

funkydan
26-10-2005, 01:26 PM
My mum and dad's next door neighbour was a drummer in a band in the 60's that had a number one in Turkey!

This girl I used to know, knew this guy who fancied her, so she went out with him, but only because his uncle was Robert Smith of The Cure

When I went to see Cats as a kid with my family, all the kids, including me, got on stage at the interval to get Brian Blessed's big-hairy-cat-faced autograph - but for some reason, he didn't give me his autograph straight away - oh no! The beardy-weirdy git decided to embarass me in front of the entire audience by making me wait right until ALL the other kids had buggered off back to their seats, then gave me my autograph. And then the booming bastard told me that as I left the stage, that would mean the second part of the show could start. I've never forgiven him for that - although he was ace in Flash Gordon, so he can't be ALL bad :lol:!!!

I once met Vic Reeves at the Forum in Tunbridge Wells, Kent - but he was all drunk and twatty. But I also met Paul Weller there and he was a top geezer!

When I lived in Chicago about 18-19 years ago, I was at the same school that Bill Murray used to go to

I met Damon Albran at a private Blur gig at Goldsmiths in London

I met Richard Branson on a Virgin flight to the States years ago

Oh and finally, the cousin of the husband of a good friend of mine is the bass player in Coldplay!!!!!!!

charlesr
26-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Will Carling gazumped me a few months ago. Bastard.

chosen_one666
26-10-2005, 01:28 PM
That wasn't the flight he was on with Panther (also from Gladiators) when on return after having got off the plane, he was walking through the airport and got sprung by Roger Cook, who quizzed him about selling Steriods to children?

Class.

On another Gladiator related note, I met Jet from the show who was opening a small carpet store in her hometown of Farnham in Surrey.

I have absolutely no idea.

To be honest, unlike some of my mates on the flight, I was completely under-awed by the whole thing.

electric_warrior
26-10-2005, 01:32 PM
I played a harmonica duet with Russell Crowe, from that Gladiator film.

charlesr
26-10-2005, 01:34 PM
electric_warrior = the win. Randomness-tastic

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 01:36 PM
We could do a 'Six degrees of Kevin Bacon' style thing with this thread. It's a small world.

Rsdio
26-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I can do a 'six degrees' thing connecting me with just about any Hollywood legend, I realised recently. It's sort of depressing when that's one of the most exciting things about yourself :(

Big Seany
26-10-2005, 01:40 PM
"My mate did one of the remixes on the B-Side to East-17' single 'Everybody In The House Of Love"..." has to be my favourite so far. As a claim to fame, I would probably rather keep that ****er quiet, tbh! Nice one, spag! charlesr may have beenscrewed over, housing wise, but that is still a top class lame to fame. Keep them coming everyone - turning into an amusing thread.

babs
26-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Dale Winton on three occasions. Once in Soho http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/unsure.gif

My mate's mum went out with the guitarist from Hawkwind.

My other mate's mum used to clean the house of the other bloke out of Wham.

I drove past Rory McGrath while he was out jogging.

I bumped into the guy with the Walrus moustache from Scrapheap Challenge at a local food fair a few weeks back.

My sister-in-law's housemate at university is the one who called into Saturday Superstore (or wtf it was then) when Five Star were on, and got put live on air over the phone, where they told Five Star in no uncertain terms that they were '****ing crap' etc.

Big Seany
26-10-2005, 01:46 PM
We have a new leader!!

"My sister-in-law's housemate at uni once swore at Five Star" - genius! :D

Nice Viz-esque Mcgrath spot there, too, babs ; )

funkydan
26-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I played a harmonica duet with Russell Crowe, from that Gladiator film.

Pah - who hasn't?! :rolleyes:

spagmasterswift
26-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Tis a good thread indeed :)

I was telling my girlfriend about this thread at lunch just now and she divulged that she once accidentally showed Timmy Mallet her breasts.

Not too sure how I feel about that >_<

babs
26-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Rory actually has a house in a village a mile down the road from me.

I once bumped into Phil out of Eastenders outside of Fosters (clothes shop) in town too.

babs
26-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Not too sure how I feel about that >_< Look at each other and say 'Blah!'

funkydan
26-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I was telling my girlfriend about this thread at lunch just now and she divulged that she once accidentally showed Timmy Mallet her breasts.

I'm curious....how does a girl accidentally show Timmy Mallet her breasts? :blink: Does she do this for other minor celebrities or just Tim?

spagmasterswift
26-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm curious....how does a girl accidentally show Timmy Mallet her breasts? :blink: Does she do this for other minor celebrities or just Tim?

I too was baffled at first, however it transpired that the top she was wearing burst open in a 'Carry On' fashion. She didn't realise she had her goods on display until she caught said Mallet getting a right eyeful! I imagine its bad enough exposing yourself like that, let alone being confronted by little Timmy's childish facial spasms, eyes bulging behind a ridiculously large pair of rainbow glasses. Not to mention your boyfriend recounting the whole thing on the net. Doh!

Moving swiftly on...

My boss lives in the same block of flats in Hammersmith as one of the blokes out of Five Star - who is now a transvestite o_O

Nijo
26-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Ah, a gaming one for you.

I was hanging around a hotel lobby once with a mate and we spotted Romero on a sofa, so we sidled over to say hi (as you do). We get chatting and it turns out, previously unknown to me, that my mate was one of the designers on XCOM. Romero was in awe. So they start gossiping away in a world of their own and I'm sat there like a lemon having designed diddly squat.

Oh, and I once met Dave Perry. He gave me a pair of 3D glasses.

Big Seany
26-10-2005, 02:33 PM
I went to school with the son of former Acclaim CEO Rod Cousens.

vertigo
26-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I went to ECTS one year (2000 maybe?) when the Bits girls were on stage with Peter Moulinex and Emily Booth (who surprised me by being short, shouty, looking like she'd rather have been somewhere else quite unprofessionally and kept yanking up her leggings in best council estate manner) brushed against my arm when she walked off stage.
I also once saw a side and rear view of Gail Porter walking down Rathbone Place near CEX.
Oh and Ian McEwan (writer) is a blood relative of mine, possibly an uncle of some sort, although I'm not entirely sure.

Rsdio
This guy who I lived with at university sucked off former Big Breakfast news presenter Phil Gayle.

vertigo
I've also played pool with Tony Mott.

mr_fantazmo
26-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh and another one here for ya, Craig Cash of Royle Family and Open All Hours fame used to sleep on our sofa for a time!! I was only young at the time but when he was in his late teens early twenties my mum and dad kind of took him under their wings and helped him out. In fact my mum still gets a Christmas card off him every year!! My dad fell out with him though, but as you can probably tell from the last post, he's a bit of a tool !!

Rick
26-10-2005, 02:44 PM
When i was about 16, I was in a local working mens club and the woolpackers were playing. I think it was there first gig, and most of the emmerdale cast were there.

I was doing my biology homework (as you do!) and my book got whisked off for them all to sign (by my uncle i must say, not me!)

It came back with some right remarks in it.

"if gays don't reproduce, where do they all come from?" amongst other biology related stuff.

I also got smothered in mandy dingles chest whilst there and snogged the fitter one Tina Dingle was it? Can't remember the acresses names

Anyway, the school thought it was my mates pissing about, until complained to YTV and got ?300 and an excercise bike as compensation. I never got the book back :(

I'd only gone to see the "support band" who were a **** hot Queen tribute band and were far better than the woolpackers anyway!

Mad Gear
26-10-2005, 02:48 PM
I asked out Kate Thornton when i was 10. Slag turned me down.

I had a feel of Sam Foxes jugs at 15.

When i was a nipper i used to go for tea to Mrs Marples house.

I bumped into huggy bear coming out of WHSmith's about 2 years ago. Was wearing a lovely fur coat.

Called Richard O'Brian a slaphead at a till in M&S.

Met Ronan Keating and Kryten in Sainbury's (not together). Both were pleasent and Ronan smelt awesome.

Orgun
26-10-2005, 02:54 PM
and Ronan smelt awesome. :blink:

If you watch K1, saw both Seefo and Peter Aerts at a hotel in tokyo last year...there a hell of a lot bigger than they seem on TV.

mid
26-10-2005, 02:56 PM
I also once saw a side and rear view of Gail Porter walking down Rathbone Place near CEX.

There's a coincidence - she's going out with a friend of the family's son. Or at least was; I've not seen them in about a year.

Baseley09
26-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Met Steve Lamaqu at Camden Palace. Saw him with a much younger lady he were looking rather uncomfortable....by the time i walked up to him i'd completely forgotten his name, squirred round it tho did get him to admit that Collin Murray was a **** who'd recently replaced him in the Evening Session slot!

Reef
26-10-2005, 03:07 PM
A lad I work with used to live with the lead singer of the Coral (until a couple of months ago) and when I went round for a barbeque I said hello to him. Get me eh!

vertigo
26-10-2005, 03:10 PM
I've not seen them in about a year.If I was him, can't say I'd blame him ;) And something about rabbits.

Mad Gear
26-10-2005, 03:12 PM
A lad I work with used to live with the lead singer of the Coral (until a couple of months ago) and when I went round for a barbeque I said hello to him. Get me eh!

Did he say "Aren't you the bloke on Takeshi's Castle?"

EvilBoris
26-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Bernard Hill AKA King Theodin from LOTR used to go into the games shop i worked in and buy stuff for his sons. He wanted some of those racing wheel frames, so we directed him to another Indie about 15 miles away.
Later on in the day we had a call from the Indie saying they just had him in demanding ?500 worth of free racing frames because........"EA give me their games for free"

funkydan
26-10-2005, 03:38 PM
My mate owns a graphic design company and they designed the box covers for Burnout Revenge and Burnout Legends

endo
26-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Another Coral-related one and pretty ****ing tenuous...

The sister of a mate's girlfriend recently had a date with the brother of the guitar dude.

I also had a beer with Ray Parlour and some other Middlesbrough players in March.

My brother got a plectrum off the guitarist out the Presidents of the United States of America once too. And a mate gave Steve Malkmus a plastic snake once, which he put on his guitar.

I saw Rolf Harris at Manc airport about 6 years ago as well. His wife had hair like Stevie Wonder in the 70s, with all beads and **** in it.

Big Seany
26-10-2005, 03:48 PM
My mate went for a meal the other week and Alan Ball was in the same restaurant.

My dad once got kissed on the cheek by Elton John.

Josh Homme once gave me a packet of fags when I went to see the Screaming Trees and he was their touring guitarist.

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 03:51 PM
I saw Jamie Oliver and his missus at the O2 centre Safeways in Swiss Cottage, London.

Nijo
26-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Bernard Hill AKA King Theodin from LOTR used to go into the games shop i worked in and buy stuff for his sons. He wanted some of those racing wheel frames, so we directed him to another Indie about 15 miles away.
Later on in the day we had a call from the Indie saying they just had him in demanding ?500 worth of free racing frames because........"EA give me their games for free"

Lol. I was on a plane with Hugo Weaving once (Agent Smith / Elrond). I say 'with' but he was in first class a few rows in front. Anyhow, he is just Agent Smith all the time, even when he's Elrond or asking for a bag of peanuts on a plane.

Spooky.

Rsdio
26-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Josh Homme once gave me a packet of fags when I went to see the Screaming Trees and he was their touring guitarist.

Reminds me, I rubbed Nick Oliveri's head and pulled his beard. He declined joining us for a drink though, can't think why when we greeted him so nicely.

There's another one that's so ridiculous I'm not even sure I believe it myself, but it's apparently true. My best mate used to go out with a girl whose stepdad was a bit of a cad in his younger days and he knew he had a daughter with an American woman. He managed to track her down and it turns out his long-lost daughter is Brody Dalle from the Distillers.

Nijo
26-10-2005, 04:09 PM
OMG, I just remembered that I've got all the autographs of the Red Arrows! :ph34r:

Circa 1984 or something. And there are 10 signatures because they keep a spare pilot in case one crashes. Which I also saw once! Exciting stuff.

djjimbob
26-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Said hello to David Bellamy on a train once.

Told one of the Housemartins to get off his lazy arse and right some music again (about 3 years ago in a pub just off Charlotte Street)

Got Renee and Renate's autograph in a restaurant called Froggies in Hull. When I was about 7.

Richard.John
26-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Saw Peter Duncan of Blue Peter fame at Syon House, Isleworth, about 20 years ago.

vertigo
26-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Tbh though I don't take much notice of celebrities and who's supposed to be one so the vast majority of them if I ever saw them I wouldn't recognise them and in 99% of cases if I didn't recognise them I wouldn't care coz most people who are the UK media's definition of celebrities are usually just talentless tits.
I find it unbelievable that Jade Goody's still being given airtime, for example, and that Jonathan Ross has her on on Friday.

funkydan
26-10-2005, 04:50 PM
When I went to see The Zutons at Shepherds Bush Empire last year (I think) we stopped in KFC in Shepherds Bush to get something to eat and The Music were in there having chicken burgers and whatnot as well!

I had no idea that celebs ate the same stuff as us mere mortals! I thought they only ate space-age tofu from toothpaste-type tubes?! Oh well, ya lives an' learns :D

Spatial
26-10-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm sure I've mentioned these before on here but some of mine are:

I sat on the same desk to sit my theory driving test as Maureen Rees from BBC's Driving School (desk No. 13 if you're that interested).

I was forced to undertake weather girl Sian Lloyd on the M4 as she was hogging the middle lane in her Metro.

A mate of mine's father is still best friends with David Prowse.

Another mate of mine almost got run over by Daddy G of Massive Attack on Gloucester Road in Bristol (it was his fault as he stepped out on to the road in front of him).

Kylie Minogue's family comes from my hometown (her gran still lives there)

(one for Babs) A mate of mine played on stage with Hawkwind

Stephen Bailey who used to write for Official Xbox Mag and appeared on that Bravo show hosted by Violet Berlin (and was called "an Elephantine Lard Arse" in the pages of Mean Machines) was a year above me in school.

Alice Beer who used to work on Watchdog once scowled at me through the window of her 4x4 as she was parked up at the side of the road and ranting at someone down the phone.

One of my girlfriends workmates used to live next to The Lost Profits.

chosen_one666
26-10-2005, 07:01 PM
My mate is the cousin of the singer from Lostprophets.

Apparently.

VR46
26-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Friend of mine claims to have slept with two of the Spice Girls - on different ocassions I add (Mel B & the Sporty one) in their rented shared house in Maidenhead three months before they became famous. Do I believe him, yes.

Emir
26-10-2005, 08:16 PM
I met Cedric Bixler-Zavala from the Mars Volta while hanging outside the Manchester Academy in 2003 (got his signature and a photo, then spent 15 minutes discussing Doctor Who).
John Frusciante walked past me while I was waiting to a Vincent Gallo show in London and I stupidly stood still, Frozen in awe (regret that big time).
Saw Ikey Owens (Mars Volta) but was queuing for the show, so I sent my girlfriend to grab a sig.
Also, my brother also saw Harrison Ford at LLangollen (isn't that weird?) and I knew a guy from school whose cousin is that Buckland fella in Coldplay.

electric_warrior
26-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Footballers Darren Huckerby, Gordon Strachan, Gary McAllister (Whom I also saw buying an Ipod for his daughter at a local dixons recently), and Gold Medallist Steve Backley all lived a couple of roads away in the small town of mine.

Also I see Paula Radcliffe running around the streets once every couple of days.

butchcvc
26-10-2005, 10:46 PM
my friend had quite a long affair with dwight york while he was with jordan. The story made the news of the world newspaper, which made us guys (her friends) laugh are asses off. http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/biggrin.gif

charlesr
26-10-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't suppose these count cos they aren't tenuous enough but:
I've been to the pub a couple of times with Ricky Gervaise (my Grandad married his Gran recently). Probably going to see him again at Christmas.
My Sister used to hang out with other It Girls like Tara Palmer P and co until she moved to Bristol recently.
My Dad seems to be James Bond or something. He just got back from a UN conference in Vienna (went straight from the airport to Glynebourne for the opera :o ) and spends most of his time at the HP and advising top MPs and occasionaly meeting the Queen and the PM. Supposedly he's retired.... yeah right.

mr_fantazmo
26-10-2005, 11:30 PM
I was forced to undertake weather girl Sian Lloyd on the M4 as she was hogging the middle lane in her Metro.

Why would you need to undertake if she is in the middle lane??

Peekay
27-10-2005, 12:06 AM
My brother went to his ex-girlfriend's uncle's fortieth birthday party and Liz (the tall one with brown hair) from Blue Peter was there, she's the uncle's second cousin.

Magnakai
27-10-2005, 01:50 AM
My mum's a friend of Stanley Kubrick's daughter. I actually went to their house once and briefly met Stan himself before being served a delicious lunch by his wife.

Richard of & Judy fame used to come into my video shop with his kids.

Clive Owen had a birthday party for his daughter at the cinema where I work. I was serving him coffee and only realised after they left that it was Clive Owen himself.

We've had a few charity events and Q&A session type things at my cinema where various actors/directors/misc were around.
My friend didn't know who Victoria Wood was and told her that she would have to check the guestlist before letting her in, which was pretty funny afterwards (though not to Ms. Wood.)

I met Pierce Brosnan and Sophie Marceau on the set of The World Is Not Enough. Both absolutely lovely. The director was awesome too.
Bizzarely enough, Walter Mosely was there, and I had a pretty decent chat with him. I don't know why all these people made their time for a dorky kid like I was, but they were very nice to me.

Had chats with various members of Radiohead, but that's another story.

I was assistant engineer on a metal band who had the guitarist from Hawkwind guesting. I sat and had a nice chat with him. Lovely bloke. Damn good guitarist.

There's a few others too, but they get increasingly lame, so I'll stop now.

Abhisara
27-10-2005, 01:58 AM
I sat on the same desk to sit my theory driving test as Maureen Rees from BBC's Driving School (desk No. 13 if you're that interested).
One of my mates from uni sat his theory test at the same time as her too :D

A few from me which get increasingly tenuous:

Anil Kumble (one of India's all-time great cricketers) had dinner at my house about 10 years ago.

Out of the blue, Fidel Castro Jr. (son of Fidel Castro) visited our lab earlier this year, and went around chatting to us about our projects.

My mum cooked a lunch for Ravi Shankar during a recent UK tour. he liked it so much he asked her to cook dinner for the next two days and to make some snacks to munch for when they're on the road.

A mate of mine who lives in Florida used to work in a video-rental place which was frequented by tennis player Mark Philippoussis.

I knew someone at uni who used to live in the same street as the Neville brothers and played footy with them in the back yard when they were kids.

IanE
27-10-2005, 04:22 AM
My mate is the cousin of the singer from Lostprophets.

Apparently. One of my friends back home's sister went out with Ian Watkins (singer of Lostprophets) for a while when they were still on their first album touring that.

Richard.John
27-10-2005, 05:05 AM
Sat next to Paul Weller in the Pizza Express on Abbey Road , St.John's Wood.
Saw Nigella Lawson and her Saatchi sugar daddy in Selfridges.
Saw Ken Livingstone shopping at the Swiss Cottage Waitrose. A few times actually, the poor sod must have been inundated with moans about the congestion charge.
Jimmmy Savile visted my school in about '88. We were mesmerised by his Bentley and 18ct Rolex Day-Date

Big Seany
27-10-2005, 08:21 AM
One of my friends back home's sister went out with Ian Watkins (singer of Lostprophets) for a while when they were still on their first album touring that.
When I worked at Club Metropolitan in Cardiff circa 1997-8 they all used to come in there. Nice lads, too.

Big Seany
27-10-2005, 08:25 AM
By the way - did anyone listen to Radio 1 yesterday evening? I am talking about Scott Mills. He did a "lame claim to fame" theme on his phone in - could it be that someone on his production team reads these forums? Can't believe he has been biting my ideas! Oh, and just for the record - Mills claims to be from Southampton, when in fact he is from Hedge End, which is technically Eastleigh, and is full of stuck up, weirdo inbreds and massive superstores and industrial estates.

jimmbob
27-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Poodle haired rocker Dave Mustaine formally of Metallica and frontman of Megadeth gave me one of his guitar picks at a club in wolverhampton in '96.
They were ****, I lost the plectrum.

djjimbob
27-10-2005, 11:09 AM
My work colleagues mate's wife was in The Sun this week as one half of a pair of twins that were boned by Chico from the XFactor.

Rsdio
27-10-2005, 11:19 AM
My mum's a friend of Stanley Kubrick's daughter. I actually went to their house once and briefly met Stan himself before being served a delicious lunch by his wife.

That's amazing! I'm pretty jealous.

disckobox
27-10-2005, 11:32 AM
I saw Roy Walker at the bar when I was pissed up in Lytham St Annes (near Blackpool) about 6 years ago, went up to him and said "It's good but it's not right" in a **** irish accent.

He just took a sip of his drink, slowly turned to me and said "**** Off"

Richard.John
27-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Roy Walker

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/biggrin.gifhttp://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/biggrin.gifhttp://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/biggrin.gifhttp://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/biggrin.gif

Big Seany
27-10-2005, 11:44 AM
I was in Kuti's Brasserie in Southampton, and some pissed up bloke staggered over to a table where Shane Warne was eating his meal and asked him to sign a napkin. Warney glanced down at the curry he was half way through, then looked at the bloke and said calmly: "**** off, son".

(adopts Adam Gilchrist gutteral, whiney voice)

"Awwwww - that's noooooooooice, Shane!"

jimmbob
27-10-2005, 11:45 AM
I met little known Disney club presenter Paul Hendy (http://www.paulhendy.com/) when he came to my secondary school to open our summer fate. He gave me a disney club badge.

http://www.paulhendy.com/images/paultop.gif

Bleeders
27-10-2005, 12:15 PM
My brother met the Chili Peppers back in the day when Dave Navarro was in the band.

Had his Bass signed by the whole band and everything... then sold it, the fool.

Big Seany
27-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Kriss Akabusi came to my junior school to promote some circuit training thing.

Esther Rantzen used to come to my secondary school as she was friendly with the headmaster.

I once went up in a hot air baloon with Richard Branson (true!)

djjimbob
27-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a lot of hot air to m<snip>

Big Seany
27-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Straights!

My first school won a contest that gave us a day down at Broadlands Estate in Romsey, where we all got to go up in a (tethered) hot air balloon with Branson. Somewhere my mum has the photos! It was a white balloon with Virgin logo on it, and I remember I was made to dress really smart, but ended up treading in a cowpat. I must have been about 7.

momobeast
27-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Hmmm heres a list of mine!

1] Met Bill Treacher (Arthur Fowler) outside my very house. His grandson was involved in a period drama in the village

2] Met Ian Mchane of Lovejoy fame (while filming) on a school trip

3] Touched Ric Flair and had photos taken with Earl Hebner at a WWE show last year

4] Rod Steward used to be in my dads "gang" and football team

5] My personal fav = I got off with Charlie Brooks (Aka Janine Butcher) while on holiday 5 years ago! Oh the shame!

jimmbob
27-10-2005, 01:03 PM
5] My personal fav = I got off with Charlie Brooks (Aka Janine Butcher) while on holiday 5 years ago! Oh the shame!

Hells teeth! winner, close the thread.

babs
27-10-2005, 01:09 PM
It must be the season for this. Tonight I'm going to watch N-Trance and at another club owned by the same people 12 miles away Jason Donovan is performing.

Mediocrity, we salute you!

momobeast
27-10-2005, 01:10 PM
I thank you! Only happened coz my mate was absolutely ****ed and decided to sit at their "family Table" at a bar on Ibiza, and attempted to pull her mother!

Guess some guys have all the luck eh?!

Simmy
27-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Good lord man, what were you thinking, although I some how find this more concerning
3] Touched Ric Flair and had photos taken
:blink:

momobeast
27-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Simmy your just jealous!

Oooh got a great one here - My mate nearly killed the smartest man on the planet Steven Hawking - He was bombing down a road in Cambs on his bike - and narrowly avoided a head on crash! Apparently Hawking's minders willing stepped infront of him to protect him from the collision. Although disaster was avoided by a huge skid and some bloody knee's!

funkydan
27-10-2005, 01:23 PM
This is my mate's missus! She was one of the Burnout Revenge Girls:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/lazyeye69/burnout.jpg

momobeast
27-10-2005, 01:30 PM
hmmmm prefer Janine Butcher ;)

funkydan
27-10-2005, 01:34 PM
hmmmm prefer Janine Butcher ;)

yes, yes, of course you do - who wouldn't!!! :lol:

IanE
27-10-2005, 01:59 PM
She's damn orange.

jimmbob
27-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I think she's super, whatever colour she is.

Bassman
27-10-2005, 02:19 PM
The first couple go back a "few" years!

Was playing with a band I was in and in the audience was Mick Abrams (ex of Jethro Tull and later Blodwyn Pig). We did get to meet him after the gig.

I was in Oxford with a friend from that band to see a Strawbs concert. We were going to the theatre and there was a guy walking by a car park. My friend say's "Thats John Hawken" (Strawbs keyboard player at the time). I wasn't convinced. We went to speak to him and it was him. At least we got to go backstage after the show.

When I was with a later band we got to meet John Ottway as we were on the same bill a couple of times. That was before he had any hits. The closest we got to fame was with that band and was a call to be on a Darts tour (anyone remember them). Unfortunately our line up had changed!

My local church organized a Rick Wakeman concert a few years ago and a few of us got to do our "roadie" impressions. We even got to eat a meal with him before the concert.

goldenhawk
27-10-2005, 02:33 PM
The brother of a bloke at work plays first-team rugby for Northampton. I'm just a non-celeb magnet.
my dad knows alot of major players from the team, he regulary goes out on benders with them.

goldenhawk
27-10-2005, 02:48 PM
before elton john was famous, he used to play little piano gigs around the country, and whilst at redruth (we are talking about 30 years ago.) my late grandfather poored a pint of ale down his head and said he was ****. *true story*

thomas sorensen (spelling) the sunderland goalkeeper opened our school gym back in the day !

i met and got a picture taken with colin caulderwood, at the nickleson testomonial (tottenham match.)

a group that have just come onto kerrang called save ourselves, i met them a few months ago whilst touring with inme, at the northampton soundhaus, i had a pint with the lead singer.

met random northampton rugby players.

met the undertaker, yokozuna and bret the hitman heart when the flew into heathrow.

i called colin murray a c**t at leeds festival this year, cos he wouldent shut up, he replied ha ha ha very funny, and i replied just piss off your ****.

oh and i met that guy, who was lead singer of spandet ballet, the krays and eastenders (i think his name is martin kemp.)

i think thats about it for now.

peeveen
27-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Er ... once beat the lead singer bloke from 90's punk/pop band The Sultans Of Ping FC (later The Sultans of Ping (later The Sultans)) at pool ... and that's it. Crap, eh?

spagmasterswift
27-10-2005, 03:37 PM
I goosed Pink with my pool cue at the Elbow Rooms on my birthday around 4 years ago (when she was still sexy too). Amazingly she didn't kick the **** out of me.

optimusrhymes
27-10-2005, 03:42 PM
My mates dad used to fix Darth Vader's Mini (The Prowse that is!)

erhgiez
27-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Whilst I was hitch hiking in America a guy picked me me and he said he had coached the womens wimbledon champion of 77 (Virginia Wade) hehe that was a random trip lol

Nu-Eclipse
27-10-2005, 03:53 PM
My dad's a Taxi Driver and he once picked up Andi Peters from BBC Television Centre!
:D

Rsdio
27-10-2005, 05:05 PM
I remembered a good (if sinister) one. Someone I know was mates with Harold Shipman's son at school. Apparently when it all kicked off no-one knew what to say to him, after much silence on the bus home he eventually said in a cheerful tone, "So... What do you reckon about my dad, then?"

Talk about an awkward conversation.

Kieran76
27-10-2005, 05:10 PM
When I worked at HMV in leicester I ordered the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack for Emile Heskey's dad.

Big Seany
27-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Wow - Peeveen and Yorath's have upped the bar! Especially Yoraths - pissed me bleedin' self when I read that one! :D

Classics!!! Exactly what I originally intended for the thread. Well done!!!

Spatial
27-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Why would you need to undertake if she is in the middle lane??

Someone else was also pootling alongside in the fast lane (they were both doing around 50 miles per hour)

Angry the Clown
27-10-2005, 06:13 PM
The Osbornes used to own the house across the way from me behind the trees. This would be the infamous house they occupied during the time Ozzy tried to kill his wife and the police were called? Sharon and the kids were regulars in the local video shop at the time. Now they have a place a few miles away but Sharon frequents the local pet shop that I go to, and I know someone bumped into Ozzy not long back in a local shop fuelling his obsession with liquorice of all things.

The house they had across from me is now owned by??. Robert Kilroy Silk. Never seen him myself, but my dogs were taken out for a walk a couple of years ago and he was in the field and apparently went up to them? They now know better and are now trained to attack at first sight. :) I'll give him one thing mind you... He puts on a good fireworks display which I can sit and view from the comfort of my bedroom like clockwork come the 5th of November each year.

My brother in law knows Howard Jones well.

Leo Sayer also lives up the road from me. I see him often at the local Petrol Station and in Tesco. Very nice fellow he is too actually. Still has the big hair.

I was in Miami when I was about eight and my dad was talking to Elton John. I just sat wondering how long it would take to drive to Orlando and get to Disneyworld?

At the tender age of five, after witnessing his stirring performance as Buttons in Cinderella, I got to meet TVs Ian Beale of Eastenders fame after the show.

When I was about five or six I got to meet Newsround God John Craven at an outdoor old motor show event.

Met Noel Edmonds when I was about ten years old? Awkward silence after he asked what shows of his I liked and I said I didn?t really care for any of them. I was quickly whisked away by my father.

A few years ago my dad was at The Dorchester in London in the bar and a fellow leant over to him and said ?I like your suit??. Turned out to be Sylvester Stallone who was there celebrating his wedding. Ey, yo!

Earlier in the year I was browsing the soundtrack/film score section in Oxford Street's HMV and happened to notice Bill Oddie beside me having a flick through the titles in the TV Music section. I saw Simon Day of Fast Show fame in there most recently, and a year or two ago as I was walking in to the store Richard Wilson stormed out looking rather miffed, hiding himself as best he could beneath a flat cap.

Firmly away from the lame pile is when I was invited out to Skywalker Ranch three years ago. I was quietly admiring the vineyard outside the Skywalker Sound building and happened to bump into filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson and sound mixing supremo Gary Rydstrom.

Ian(not Ian)
28-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I shook Captain Sensible's hand last night.
Also last night a bloke stopped me and my mate asking for directions. Once he'd left we realised it was Kirk Brandon (ex Spear of Destiny) who was on his way to play the gig where we met the Sensible one.

That's rubbish though, compared to.......

A couple of years ago I got into a taxi which stank of perfume and fish. 'Sorry about the smell in the car mate' the taxi driver said.........
'Just dropped of the Atomic Kittens around the corner'.

jassi singh
28-10-2005, 02:07 PM
oh man...im gonna be giggling at that all day. :(

xD

Kieran76
28-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I shook Captain Sensible's hand last night.
Quality.

optimusrhymes
28-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Captain Sensible - king of Croydon, a friend of a friend had to guide him around Tokyo with the Damned last year and he insisted on dressing as a japanese schoolgirl and spent ages looking 'round kiddyland toyshop - legend.

28-10-2005, 03:37 PM
now that is quality! lol!

Vince
28-10-2005, 04:46 PM
The silliest link i can think of is that my girlfriends ex dance teachers son was best friends with Orland Bloom, well at leat until he became mega famous.

I've had many interesting run ins with 'celebs' including getting drunk with Ant and Dec, getting served in mc'ds by Andy peters and watching boxing in a quiet bar in Ibiza with Jambo and another guy from Hollyoaks.

Mercian
28-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I went to the same college as Kasabian (there was a class pic of them camping it up in a faux press release,it was in one of the media classrooms and has subsequently gone missing)

I currently work with Emile Heskeys brother

My flatmates friend met Alan Hollinghurst at the cheltenham festival :)

When i was young i met Nigel Lawson

Recently see the usual sporty type people from time to time, given the Uni i go to, Paula Radcliffe, Members of the england rugby team etc

Nijo
28-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Loughborough still the centre of the world, uni sports-wise then?

IanE
28-10-2005, 05:52 PM
i called colin murray a c**t at leeds festival this year, cos he wouldent shut up, he replied ha ha ha very funny, and i replied just piss off your ****. Well done?

top bananna
15-11-2005, 03:09 PM
my dad's neighbour used to own a jaguar car which formally belonged to THUNDERBIRDS and STINGRAY creator JERRY ANDERSON!:blink:

gunrock
16-11-2005, 11:04 AM
I sued to work in the same IT department of a publishing house as Courtney Rumbolt who won bronze for Britain in the four man bob-sled event at the Winter Olympics (in Atlanta, maybe?)

Me and my mate made an EP and had it reviewed in the UK magazine Hip-Hop Connection. The last sentence of the review read: Poop. :D

Darwock
16-11-2005, 11:45 AM
My uncle was adopted - due to having an illness that was possibly hereditary he investigated his real parents a couple of years ago, and discovered his biological father was Gordon Jackson. My cousins saw their grandad for the first time when they watched the Great Escape at Christmas.

I took a piss next to Gordon Kennedy (from 'Absolutely' and the national lottery program back when it started) in Prince's Square, Glasgow.

I shared a lift with Stewart Lee of Lee & Herring, I asked him where Richard was and he was like "Dunno".

Jerry Doyle (babylon 5's Garibaldi) accused me of giving him the finger.

I'm sure there are better(lamer) ones I just can't think of now.

Spatial
16-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Jerry Doyle (babylon 5's Garibaldi) accused me of giving him the finger.

Did you? Cos he always was a surly mutha in that program who looked like he'd snap it off if you tried it

top bananna
17-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I once stood outside the U2 studios in Dublin while they were making their last album, and heard Bono shouting.

Darwock
17-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Did you? Cos he always was a surly mutha in that program who looked like he'd snap it off if you tried it

No I was giving a thumbs up! I still felt like he was gonna tear me a new asshole heheh! I'm 90% sure he was joking around tho

roobarb
18-11-2005, 11:06 AM
A colleague of mine had his letter printed in Edge magazine last month!

Spatial
18-11-2005, 11:20 AM
No I was giving a thumbs up! I still felt like he was gonna tear me a new asshole heheh! I'm 90% sure he was joking around tho

Darwock, is this you? :p

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1593/melandjerry6bc.jpg

(believe it or not that was one of the first images that came up when I Google searched Jerry Doyle. Scary coinkey dink )

dug
18-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I saw Rory McGrath filling his car with petrol at my local Tesco.

My brother used to work in a beach shop about 12 or so years ago. One day he served the singer from James. Right surly git he was, apparantly.

My sister in law once refused Phil off Eastenders entry into the nightclub she was managing because he was wearing jeans.

top bananna
19-11-2005, 06:58 PM
i saw Ross Kemp the other day in his car at traffic lights, as i pulled up next to him! :happy:

Crisp_Rapper
19-11-2005, 08:50 PM
I shared a lift with Stewart Lee of Lee & Herring, I asked him where Richard was and he was like "Dunno".
this makes me laugh...http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/biggrin.gif

strawdonkey
19-11-2005, 11:43 PM
When Segaworld in the Trocadero in London was still open, a friend and I saw Gianfranco Zola giving his all one one of those whack-a-mole machines. My mate got him to sign a serviette. He looked flustered.

ian2k5
20-11-2005, 05:43 AM
Met roy walker in carnaby street with his wife shook his hand and said...right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Met dave prowse aka vader at nec and asked him if he needed a blast on my inhaler!

Nearly got grabbed by hacksaw jim duggan at show for doing piss take muscle poses while he was talkin.

Asked faceman where b.a. was at nec movie memorabilia show when he said I dont know..I said crazy foolll

My mate upset a klingon by shouting..ha ha look its snickerhead!:D

Oh and told craig charles that he had a nasty habit ie smoking and apparently he's now quit:)

Lastly my fav my sister used to live in a caravan next to fred west's childhood home in much marcle:wtf:

Gr0ver
20-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Someone who used to be on Hollyoaks was going to move into a flat 2 doors down from mine, but didn't.

booth83
20-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Once went on a night out with the girl who plays donna windsor in emmerdale (a friend of mine did bit-parts and they were friends), anyway somebody nicked her handbag and when we found it there was nothing left in it but a pair of dirty knickers.

i often see the guy who plays bombhead in hollyoaks around town, and served him a few times when i worked in a shop in bradford.

and i often see bradford bulls' players in my local, that vinocola (sp?) is a knobhead (just don't tell him i said that, he's much bigger than me!)

top bananna
21-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Bombhead from Hollyoaks shops in my local tesco store

My sister went on pop idol, and called simon cowell a c*unt after he dissed her

i once saw fred talbot enter a shop in Blackburn

Il Postino
21-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Some of these aren't lame enough for my liking.

Anyway, I once shared a bar (but didn't talk to) Janette Tough/Wee Jimmy Krankie. It was in a ****ty Irish theme bar (I was a good customer, it being very near to my work at the time) in Bournemouth. I was pissed up on the booze and all like and I don't think anybody believed me, but it was her/him. I'd had a few, went for a piss (washed my hands, like any decent human being would), but when I returned (s)he had gone.

Not long after (s)he had that nasty fall, nothing to do with me my Lord.

Mr_Sands
21-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Ally from Hollyoaks goes to my Uni. I walked passed him once without realising.

21-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Ages ago before she was as famous as she is now i intentionally pressed my chest into Jennifer Ellisons breast in a crowded club, she didnt seem to mind or care. But damn did it feel good.

top bananna
23-11-2005, 11:58 PM
i feel i may have to drop out of this forum soon, as i have "sold out", as my lame to fame's turn into claim to fame's, which happened today at Burger King's in Euston.....

I have seen Jo Whiley, (radio 1 presenter) many times, never spoke to her, then today i broke the rule of lame, by obtaining her autograph, and having a picture taken with her....

Also today... whilst down in london, prior to this run-in, i was in Westminister, with the local MP for Milton Keynes, discussing homeless issues etc, for her to put forward to Mr Blair....WELL, i thought "now i have a new lame to fame with the PM", until, i actually was invited to sit in the gallery of the chamber, and witness the man himself, having a row with non other, than the silver haired, IAN PAISLEY....god i feel good

so im afraid, for this moment in time, i am now a sell-out

Friction
24-11-2005, 12:57 AM
I've got loads (probably all crap) and know people who know people too.

I've met Terry Pratchett (The author) several times and once he even commented on my ring.............. (Not that kind you sick bastards! :p)

I've seen that guy from Blakes 7 - The main one?! No idea what his name is.

I saw Gabby Roslin whilst up in London.

Many of my sightings etc come from my time working in HMV.

Saw Richard Bacon several times - sometimes with Konnie from Blue Peter (do I get a multiplier bonus for that?!). Once I actually served him and he gave me a filthy look when I did my job and checked the signature on his credit card. I was actually looking for Coke stains but oh well! :p

Nigel from Eastenders came in once

Amy Studt (Singer bint- long gone) attempted to chat me up whilst in the presence of her boyfriend - smooth operator that one!

Most of a **** band called the All Stars used to visit us to get their own singles.... One of them is in Hollyoaks now - Darren or something? The funniest story of that lot being one of the girls asked my mate there for a song, and sung how it went to him - he oblivious to her fame proceeded to tell her that she was 'Really good and that she should be a singer' :lol: She gave him a confused look and just left!

Sara Cawood came in once, but I missed seeing her - gutted at that.

Random Family Affairs bird was in once

I chatted up some CBBC presenter bird (Sophie something I think?!) without realising who she was until a few days later.

I saw Angelica from CBBC going to my local Station.

Twat from Busted used to come in all the time.

Dom from Dick and Dom is always seen where I live - goes out (well used to last I saw) with a girl from the aforementioned **** band All Stars. He is a miserable bastard though - every time people recognise him he mopes and leaves shops etc.

My GF saw Dick (from above show - completes the set) - served him in HMV and shouted 'Bogies' to him as he was leaving - He didn't look too impressed :lol:

My GF's Uncle (sure that's right) is the guy from the class R Whites - I'm a secret Lemonade drinker adverts :ph34r:

Some of my mates were extras in Shaun of the Dead, though not all of them made the final cut. One of my mates however did make it for sure, and got his head in the movie poster!

That big haired Welsh guy from the Sterophonics came into HMV too (Cable something?!) before they booted him!

Sure there is more will update when I remember!

Emir
24-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Some of my mates were extras in Shaun of the Dead, though not all of them made the final cut. One of my mates however did make it for sure, and got his head in the movie poster!

Excellente!http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/smile.gif

Darwock
24-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Darwock, is this you? :p

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1593/melandjerry6bc.jpg

(believe it or not that was one of the first images that came up when I Google searched Jerry Doyle. Scary coinkey dink )

Bloody hell, he must have a thing for offensive gestures!

Darwock
24-11-2005, 02:09 PM
Met roy walker in carnaby street with his wife shook his hand and said...right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not mine, but on a similar note - an ex-colleague went on some ****ty holiday to some outer hebridean dive. When they went into the only local pub, Roy Walker was in there and completely legless - he apparently produced huge pocketfuls of coppers and loose change at the bar but spilled them all over the floor.

Which has reminded me, when I was in Santa Ponsa on holiday eating at a restaurant, Shane Ritchie came up and perused the menu, then noticed us noticing him, gave a scowl and scarpered.

ugvd_fox
24-11-2005, 02:24 PM
When I was 18, I worked in a pub in Sheffield. Anyway after work we went to a club night called Vanity Park. My boss at work was mates with the promoter, and lo and behold what task did his mate bestow upon us....... Only "looking after" Spider from corrie. Stupid thing was we couldn't even manage that and managed to misplace him for a few hours.

Big Seany
07-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Felt the need to resurrect this thread due to a classic lamer that has come to light!!

Apparently, my mother in law used to be a cleaner at the home of the mother in law of the woman that Gary Lineker has been banging since his divorce!

Darwock
07-08-2006, 10:56 AM
I've got a couple of new ones, I went go-karting for a mate's stag-do, and we were not able to start on time because the track was being used by a bunch of children under the supervision of Carol Smillie (she was hanging around trackside). At the wedding itself Shereen Nanjiani was one of the guests (unfortunately no sign of Jim Delahunt for the matching pair of rhyming slangs)

niftyifty
07-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Back in 1997 I was walking past the Birmingham International Convention Centre and the guy from Desmonds on CH4 walked up to me on Broad Street (I think he was called Porkpie in the programme) smiled at me and shook my hand and carried on walking into the frosty winter night! (me thinks he was slightly pissed lol)...

My best mate from my university days - his cousin is the drummer from Cornershop (Brimful of Asha an' all that)...

Also saw Nigel Havers looking slightly flustered but still suave walking past me near the Central Library in Birmingham...

My wife's great grandad - on her mum's side sold the recipe for Coca Cola for a pittance To Mr Coca Cola company - THE BLEEDIN EEJIT!

MattyD
07-08-2006, 01:24 PM
When I was in the Army I was an extra for the BBC drama series Red Caps - basically me and a bunch of blokes got out of whatever god-awful training or fatigues were on that day by volunteering to march around a parade square in that 'evil henchmen's running goons' fashion. Should have seen our tongues when the decidedly smackable ass of Tamzin Outhwaite waggled onto the set in those gooch-huggin' jeans that were fashionable a couple of years back :D

Anpanman
07-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Old but thought I'd share mine.

My sister used to babysit for ex 1970's Man City player Francis Lee's son Gary, whom I used to go to junior shcool with.

Whilst we all went to places like Blackpool for our holidays 'Gary' would tell us with some pride that they would go to exotic places like Cyprus for theirs.

Franny would quite often ask my sister if she would like an autograph but she always refused citing the reason as being a United fan - hah!

Talking of ex City players, Paul Moulden has a chippie just a few doors down and very good it is too.

Still on footy, my brother in law was town team and county team manager plus something to do with the England boys team as he was also a member of the ESFA.
Used to sit in the Royal Box at Wembley for the boys games and would also spend lots of time with local clubs as some of his boys would be taken on by the likes of Man U, City, Oldham, Everton, Blackburn, Bolton etc.
Had particularly close contacts with Man U and would get free tickets to most of the games, sometimes taking me along where we would have drinks at Old Trafford at the youth develpoment officers office which is located next to SAF's.

Knows loads of great 'inside' stories from the business and has rubbed shoulders with lots of the personalities in the game. The aforementioed Moulden and the likes of Giggs were in teams he has managed, has also got shed loads of memorabilia including the penant given the the England team when the played Brazil at the Maracana and Barnes scored his wonder goal.

wicky
07-08-2006, 02:13 PM
I told adam rickett he was a jumped up little prick who would be a nobody within a year.

jimmbob
07-08-2006, 02:15 PM
He's a Tory politician now I believe, so your statement is true.

Concept
07-08-2006, 02:18 PM
:D

Goal. Open. How could anyone resist?

jimmbob
07-08-2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.adamrickitt.com/politics/index.html

MattyD
07-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry for being a non-tellywatching hippy but who the **** is Adam Rickett?

nietzschedancing
07-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Blonde haired pseudo-homosexual popstrel.

In a Camden pub, a reasonably well known model tried to hit on me but the contingency of catching some nasty STD scared me away.

jimmbob
07-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Who was it?

http://digilander.libero.it/Sakazaki/immagini/zoolander.jpg

nietzschedancing
07-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Who was it?

http://digilander.libero.it/Sakazaki/immagini/zoolander.jpg

:D . The prospect of doing Stiller/Zoolander would have been far less frightening. It was a woman of a few years with a propensity for slightly sickly looking wide-eyed lads.....I say no more, for fear of the memories.

07-08-2006, 03:36 PM
if i was youd id hit it anyways! might as well! lol jus kiddin! you did the right thing son! nice to see not all lads are lead by their red ends!

As for adam rickette was he not in coronation street? and the games? Man he looked unhealthy in the games! Poor bastard! I think he is meant to have some eating disorder or somat.

We want pics nietzschedancing!

nietzschedancing
07-08-2006, 03:44 PM
if i was youd id hit it anyways! might as well! lol jus kiddin! you did the right thing son! nice to see not all lads are lead by their red ends!

As for adam rickette was he not in coronation street? and the games? Man he looked unhealthy in the games! Poor bastard! I think he is meant to have some eating disorder or somat.

We want pics nietzschedancing!

:D . I would have been too frightened to do it. I don't have any pics of the aformentioned event, it would be like taking a picture of yourself just having shat your pants.

NekoFever
07-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Here's a very lame one: one of my brother's friends is Steven Gerrard's cousin. Who wants to touch me?

Oh, and I was also neighbours with Leilani Dowding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leilani_Dowding) when I was growing up. She actually used to come and play in my back garden.

jimmbob
07-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Oh, and I was also neighbours with Leilani Dowding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leilani_Dowding) when I was growing up. She actually used to come and play in my back garden.

Winner. I wouldn't mind playing in her back garden.

analog dog
07-08-2006, 04:04 PM
My uncle was the pissed climber in raiders of the lost ark.
Gave jason statham a light on lexington st,kelly brook was with him at the time.
Saw russell crowe in the sun and 13 cantons.(pub)

07-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Is she meant to be hot? Dunno who she is, lol!

jimmbob
07-08-2006, 04:29 PM
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/7260/leilanidowding19rx5.jpg

07-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Lol! in that case id luv to her round for tea and crumpets!

angelx
07-08-2006, 05:20 PM
My wife's great grandad - on her mum's side sold the recipe for Coca Cola for a pittance To Mr Coca Cola company - THE BLEEDIN EEJIT!http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/unsure.gif orly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Pemberton)?

MattyD
07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
OH yeah, another one - my twin bro is a semi-professional battle re-enactor and one of his troupe / clan / whatever was the chieftan of the barbarian hordes in Gladiator. My bro and the rest have appeared in more movies and TV shows than I care to recall.

Oh, and I was also neighbours with Leilani Dowding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leilani_Dowding) when I was growing up. She actually used to come and play in my back garden.Niiiiice! I love it when she enters competitions, they alway do a nice set of photos in the Echo!

rumbletum
07-08-2006, 07:31 PM
One of my best mates cousins was in Musical Youth :D

Big Seany
07-08-2006, 07:57 PM
OH yeah, another one - my twin bro is a semi-professional battle re-enactor
LOL! Just superb!!

Kieran76
07-08-2006, 08:16 PM
My brother plays golf twice a year with Chesterfield defender Steve Blatherwick as part of some coporate/charity golf day.

My brother was also on The Weakest Link and shared a cab with another contestent who was an actor - his biggest role to date? He played a copper/annoying council official in Beadles About. Beat that.

Nijo
07-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I utterly failed to chat-up the girl that voices Misty in GTA. :ph34r:

mingo
07-08-2006, 09:43 PM
I was in the same class as DJ Campbell of Birmingham City FC in School. The most famous people i've met would be Pharrell Williams shopping in Ralph Lauren in Old Bond Street and Michael Douglas which i took part in an interview with him :P.

Was trying to chat up Jennifer Lim (oriental chick from film Hostel) didn't know it was her.

I used to always see Daniel Jonh-Jules (Red dwarf, Blade 2) now i see Jermaine?? from footballers wives all the time at my new work.

Bumped into Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Rik Mayal in Queensway, Geri Halliwell in Notting Hill, John Barnes in Oxford Street, Gianluca Vialli round the corner of my house, Rachel Stevens TWICE :P, Dane Bowers, Lennox Lewis after he beat Hollyfield... my mate shook his hand and was on telly.

I'm also good mates with this guy who is the 1/2 brother on one of the another Level guys.

One of my mates used to play football with Carlton Cole and my other mate was in the same class as keira knightley.

Met Summo Hung's Son...... and a few more i can't remember

BERSERKGOOSE UK
08-08-2006, 08:48 AM
One of the Grumbleweeds used to live just round the corner from me.

Also I once managed to grab one of the records that Take That kindly distributed into the audience - I threw it back 'frisbee-style' and it hit Robbie Williams on the head.

supersmithy
08-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Mo Mowlams mum lived on the same road as me before we moved.

My mum used to work in a bank, and reguarly served one of the dudes from "The Specials".

I think everyone from Coventry who gets famous must leave real fast!

Big Seany
09-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Just spotted this cheeky one posted by parkinho in another thread:

"LOL, don't diss Jeff Brown! He is the guy on the mic every matchday at Turf Moor, and he used to go out with my gf's cousin.

YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE!"

Quality.

jimtendo
09-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Went to school with the lead singer/ guitarist Will Briggs, who was in the band Llama Farmers... also very good mates with the guy who the band based their name on.
I also knew the girl who had her navel photographed in one of their album sleeves.

Saw Alex Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers player) in a supermarket. I said hello, and even advised him on a purchase. A strange moment that.

I know a workmate who recently went holidaying in Hong Kong, and who should he bump into... none other than Chris Martin from Coldplay. Just so happens Coldplay were playing in Hong Kong and the git got free tickets.

Walked past Julian Joachim as he exited our local newsagent.

My brother was good friends with the ex-Leicester player Matt Piper.

Kieran76
10-08-2006, 09:57 AM
I am in Coepoeth at the moment looking after my dad's house while he is on holiday and using it as a base to explore Wales.
Anyway, this reminded me of the first house my dad looked at when looking to move here. It was owned by chubby actor Ricky Tomlinson, my Dad didn't buy it as it needed too much work doing on it.

Pezley
10-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Heh, seeing the zoolander pic reminds me.
At the beginning of the film there is owen wilson yoyoing ( well you see hands ) anyways, the guy doing the yoyoing used to send me yoyos as i did some demo work for the company he works for.

used to play street fighter and quake ( online ) with joe eigo (www.multilevelmoves.com ) and he is on jackie chans stunt team :)

also met everyone from blue peter ( got to sit in the dressing room with connie :) )
Matt from the show managed to smash my yoyo. nice one.
and their new presenter Gethan, Worked with him Live when he did the welsh show Uned 5, or whatever its called.

MonkeyJuggleDX
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm sure I've posted this before, but when I was about 5....

My nans brother is Engelbert Humperdink. We all were at a Xmas party at his gaff in Leicester around 1984/5 and Freddie Starr was there. Apparently I walked up to him, said 'I don't like you' and kicked him in the shins, which resulted in him chasing me round the house.

Kaido
10-08-2006, 11:26 PM
ok heres a few getting more tenuous...

my sister works behind the scenes of doctor who, controlling daleks, renting dodgy colored smartcars etc

same sister got a drink bought for her by David Walliams recently (not sure how i feel about this one!)

The friend of a mate in uni has dated Imogen off of big brother.

My childhood friend's mother tested Gladiator Wolf's eyes.

My college friend's dad was Keanu's agent back in Canada around the Bill and Ted era.

MattyD
11-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Just found out my parents used to drink in the same working men's club as the midget from Willow http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/ph34r.gif

Kaido
11-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Just found out my parents used to drink in the same working men's club as the midget from Willow http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/images/smilie/ph34r.gif
Which one? :happy:

PhilG
11-08-2006, 01:20 PM
My cousin nannies for a guy who runs a private jet company. Last time I saw her they were off to America for the New Year and Arnold Swarzenegger was hitching a lift with them.

And she\'s been to Terri Hatchers house...

Widegoat
11-08-2006, 01:27 PM
I met Jet the Gladiator when she opened a carpet shop in her hometown of Farnham. Which is also my hometowm.

Lots of makeup.

Concept
11-08-2006, 02:43 PM

:lol:

Classic.

Kieran76
21-08-2006, 09:33 AM
I went to see Airbus Uk V The New Saints (used to be Total Network Solutions) on Friday and I spent the entire second half stood next to former Manchester United and Welsh legend Clayton Blackmore, he's now manger of Bangor City.

Big Seany
21-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Just found out that the TV in our lounge actually used to belong to the woman Gary Lineker is shagging.

MattyD
23-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Bump, for great justice!

Kieran76
23-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Just got a text from a bloke at work claiming he just say Jon Obe Mikel buying an Arsenal shirt at a sports shop in Romford

Grapple Convoy
24-02-2007, 01:02 PM
My girlfriend's employer is friends with Kris Marshall. My bird's best mate (a Dutch bint) once chatted up Sean Bean in the local Tesco, not realising he was famous. Aforementioned ginger Dutch bint has some famous Dutch pals and contacts, such as the lead singer of metal band Within Temptation.

fuse
24-02-2007, 03:50 PM
When I was at school my best friend's mate claimed to have been bummed by one of the guys from North & South

Guy who taught me to drive used to be Jonathon Ross' postie, and got a pseudo-mention on his radio show once

endo
24-02-2007, 05:15 PM
My brother's girlfriend is in a band with a bloke who is also in the Trembling Blue Stars.

And another- a mate of mine was told to **** off by Paul Gascoigne in a pub once. Needless to say, I've dined out on that one a few times.

jimtendo
25-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Tom and Sergio from kasabian were in The Charlotte last night. Tom stood right next to me at the bar chatting away to (presumeably) one of his mates, and at the same time pushing in front of me - cheeky sod ;p

Mr_Pie
25-03-2007, 08:30 PM
My Dad once sat on a trans-atlantic flight next to Phill Collins and thought that he knew him but couldn't remember who he was so he started talking to him as if they knew each other (things like "how's the wife" etc) and was talking to him for most of the flight. Apparently he is a really nice bloke!

One of my mum's friends was quite high up in the Conservative Party during the late 70's and 80's and knew Maggie Thatcher. Another friend used to live in Sydney, Australia and met Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee) several times in a marina and they used to go to BBQ's with him.

My gran is friends with Billy Connoly's sister!

Not half bad, I would say!

PeteJ
25-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Guy down the road from me who we used to swap videogames with moved to London to be a 'big star'. I've seen him once on TV, which was him dieing in Holby City.

I was once on TV with Anaka Rice, but sadly not Challenge Anaka.

suicidepirate
25-03-2007, 11:40 PM
I think I may have an unfair advantage in this game as I used to work as a film journalist at film festivals and have attended a fair few parties with celebrities during that period... there are more stories than I can remember. Here's one:

- At Cannes 2002 (I think), my friend and I went along to a tent party that, amongst many others, was attended by Christina Ricci and her chubby friend. My friend, a massive fan, and already severely drunk hadn't seen her yet and, in his state, I considered not telling him for fear of what he would do. But, after a couple of drinks myself my doubts were quickly forgotten and I proceeded to inform him that "that Addams Family chick is sitting over there with her friend".

Now he needed a way in... we noticed she had an unlit cigarette in her mouth and clearly no lighter. I had matches, my friend implored me to go over with him and hand him my matches. Though I initially resisted I went along with him anyway. He approached: his own cigarette in one hand and matches in the other, swiftly lit the match and offered it, she accepted. Then, in a calm and cool motion that would have made James Dean jealous, he put his cigarette back to his lips...

Except in his drunken state he got his hands confused and put the still lit match to his lips. Addams Family bitch and friend tried to stifle their laughter, I shook my head and imagined that I could smell burned flesh. My friend simply pretended it didn't happen and flicked the match away, replacing it with cigarette and taking a seat next to her. She spent the next 10 minutes trying to make him go away while I had to sit in embarrassing silence avoiding direct eye-contact with her chubby mate who I think was making eyes at me.

Big Seany
26-03-2007, 09:53 AM
I've seen him once on TV, which was him dieing in Holby City.

Lol

I went up the shop for a pack of fags and the paper thursday afternoon, and the Delays were walking out as I was going in. They are all from round my way, mind. Didn't say anything to them like I did when the Mayor dissed me.

MoFo2
26-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Don't know if I've told this before, but I was in the same French class (1998-1999) as the ex-wife of Liverpool-player John Arne Riise. Wow.. you can touch me if you like.

Spagoli
26-03-2007, 12:38 PM
My mate threw up on the rear window of the back of Hunter from the gladiators dad's Metro when he gave us a lift home after a night in York, then wound the window down so all the puke went inside which was nice!

We had a temp at work who went to her "health spa" and the sauna was out of use, as she was a little posh and a lot stroppy she threw a hissy fit and they said she could go in, when she got in there and took her robe off she saw an equally startled Kylie peering back confused as to who had disturbed her. She sat down said hi went red and after 20 seconds made her excuses and left.

I once met Frank Carson, legend!

GODZOOKI
26-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Me and a few of my buddies met Gazza (then at Rangers) at Strathclyde Park once, he was a right laugh until he threatened to black Sheryl's eyes for wanting to go home!!:hmm:

booth83
27-03-2007, 09:57 PM
met pat sharp in magaluf last year where he was dj-ing, my mate got him with a schoolboy error though when he went to shake his hand and pulled away at the last moment, he was not at all happy and we were in stitches, happy days!

bingowings
27-03-2007, 11:06 PM

this thread is pure dynamite :D

the above reminds me - years ago when i was at secondary school, one cold winter's morning, we were out doing athletics (ie. throwing equipment at each other) and who was that sped on by round the track?

why, if it wasn't Olympic gold medal winner Steve Ovett! we all recognised him not because he was a world class athlete, but because he was 'that guy off the telly'. on his next lap we took off and raced him, with about half of us running in front of him backwards and the other half keeping pace and shouting "get those knees up!"

dataDave
28-03-2007, 12:40 AM
I remember some BNP ****er who came to my primary school to give a talk about Burnley. This was before racists were massive around here.

Big Seany
10-04-2007, 10:49 AM
LOL got a good one folks. The random bloke who I sold my consolized Neo Geo MVS set up to, well, his son is a contestant on "Grease is The Word" on ITV, and got voted through to "boot camp" on Saturday's show! Lolz

Big Seany
21-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Following on from my last post, I ended up trading my MVS for a 360 with said bloke, whose name is Ian Bayne. His son, Danny Bayne, won Grease is The Word, and probably might have played on my 360 at some point. Beat that claim to fame, eh?

In your face, forum.

Hungrystu
21-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Two mates from my college years tour with Ray Wilson (Stiltskin / Genesis singer) and are in the current Stiltskin lineup. Lucky basts!!!
Another bloke from my year plays keyboards with Runrig...
My friend claims her aunt used to go out with Paul Weller and he has a huge nob... :s
My dad used to work with the father of the guitarist in Coldplay...

Clutching straws here... I'm good mates with James Martin and Gordon Ramsay. One's a postman and the other an architect ;)

What a great thread :D

IainMcC
21-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I saw Jodie Kidd having her picture taken while sitting on the bonnet of a blue Ferrari 575 in Guildford.

I have also walked past Bjork on Charing Cross Road.

12-51-00
21-06-2007, 03:52 PM

My sister's seen him too, on a school trip to Haworth I think.

Me and a friend once got into a slagging match with Lily Allen in Camden Lock... She called me a dick :thumb:

funkydan
21-06-2007, 03:59 PM
My mate's mum used to work at a school and one day I gave him my Monty Python's Contractual Obligation LP to give to his mum because Terry Jones was coming to the school at which she worked and she got it signed for me - tenuous...me? Never :p

Met Brian Blessed at Cats when it first opened years ago

Saw Hulk Hogan coming out of the Chicago Hilton once when I were lad living stateside

When I was in America, I was at the same school that Bill Murray once went to :D

Jo Brand used to go to the Girls Grammar in my home town (in the UK)

I once met Damon Albarn after a crafty hush hush Blur gig at Goldsmiths University

My bands over the years have supported the likes of Cud, Dub War, Salad, Star 69

(I'm really reaching now so I'll stop, besides I'm sure I've mentioned most of these on here already :lol:)

Prophet Hero
21-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I remember a rather forlorn-looking David Seaman looking down at me from the escalator when I worked at John Lewis two years ago. It was the end of a customer appreciation night too (he was leaving empty handed).

Distant Cousin
21-06-2007, 09:33 PM
The bassist from Aztec Camera, the drummer from The Proclaimers and the drummer from The Sensational Alex Harvey Band are lecturers at my college.
And Jim McCluskey from The Bluebells loves the band I'm in. Oh yes.

YOOOOOOOUNG AT HEART

rumbletum
22-06-2007, 05:13 AM
I met Cameron Diaz a few weeks ago whilst in China :)

Eps
22-06-2007, 06:42 AM
What the hell is this? Met Cameron Diaz? Not crap enough a celebrity, and you actually met her! Now, if you'd have said "picked up Bonnie Langford's used tampon off a dodgy toilet floor in Tsinghua", then.. er..

Kieran76
22-06-2007, 07:21 AM
That's not the mental image I am looking for at 7.30 in the morning.

One of governors at school is well in with West Ham United and when Graham Gooch was the mystery guest on Question of Sport he recreated that Di Canio volley he scored for them. My mate was one of the extras who was prenteding to be a West Ham player.

Big Seany
22-06-2007, 07:58 AM
That's not the mental image I am looking for at 7.30 in the morning.

One of governors at school is well in with West Ham United and when Graham Gooch was the mystery guest on Question of Sport he recreated that Di Canio volley he scored for them. My mate was one of the extras who was prenteding to be a West Ham player.

lolz quality!

RuBiQ
22-06-2007, 09:01 AM
I once saw the indian from the Village people getting a subway in Leeds. He got the tuna melt special.

Thought a meat feast would of been more his thing! ;)

Baseley09
22-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Steve Brookstein, former X-Factor champion this saturday at P&S train station....shook his hand hoped he was doing alrite then i told him ive gotta rush for the train.....i didnt at all hehe.

EJG1980
22-06-2007, 09:26 AM
I have some sci-fi ones ( :hmm: ).

I met Terry "Creator of the Daleks!" Nation and got his autograph when I was ten.

I was also queuing up to check in at a hotel (late 90's or early 00's) and realised that Peter Jurasik and Andreas Katsulas (Londo and G'Kar from Babylon 5) were in front of me in the queue. They complained about the dollar to pound exchange rate making it feel like they'd lost half their money :)

Andreas Katsulas was also the one armed man in The Fugitive :w00t:

MonkeyJuggleDX
22-06-2007, 01:03 PM
For my 27th birthday last month, the gf & family treated me to a posh meal and on the next table was Gary McAllister. Anyway, after the meal, they dimmed the lights and brought out a cake for me. Everyone sang happy birthday to me, including big Gary.

So... Serenaded by candle light, by Gary McAllister. Beat that!

MattyD
22-06-2007, 01:22 PM
I saw Gary Numan walking down the high street in Poole yesterday. Trufax!

Daragon
22-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Ate breakfast in the Birmingham Metropole hotel (the one near the NEC on the day of one of the memorabilia conventions) sat a few tables away from Doctor Who God Tom Baker, who was chatting with some likely famous guy who was sat at the table with him.

Noticed him sat reading a paper out in the lobby shortly afterwards and had sign some hotel branded paper for me :)

Another claim of mine was producing a set of fake cheat codes for gory hacker Severance: Blade of Darkness on the PC. My Dad's email address kept getting fludded with people emailing asking why the cheats didn't work which I found amusing - about a year later, they even appeared in an issue of PCGamer lol.

CMcK
22-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I was filmed at T In The Park 4 years ago by some random producer as Billy Sloan watched on. The footage was even shown on the news that evening. Thankfully all doobies were hidden swiftly as the cameras approached!

My mate's Mum's cousin was married to Leo Sayer.

kernow
22-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I saw Gary Numan walking down the high street in Poole yesterday. Trufax!

Did you ask him why he wasn't 'here in his car' :w00t:

MattyD
22-06-2007, 02:09 PM
No but I thought about asking if his friends were electric.

J0e Musashi
22-06-2007, 02:12 PM
My next door neighbour is Dr. Legg of Eastenders fame. It used to be Sam Fox. I used to play with a toy routemaster in her bedroom as a child, I never saw her jugs or owt though outside of in The Sun. I haven't been invited in since Dr. Legg moved in however. I'm mates with Minty off Eastenders though, proper mates like. Neil Morrisey lives up the road, and that Tamzin Outhwaite around the corner. Beverly Knight lives 2 streets along. Liza tarbuck lives nearby, but I'm not sure where exactly. She told Dave to **** off when he said he fancied her in Londis though.

Swallow
22-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Does he like that you brag about that on geek forums?

MattyD
22-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I met Tamzin Outhwaite once when I was playing an extra in that army show she did. Instead of spending the day down the ranges or whatever else my unit was doing, I got to stand around looking all martial and watching her peachy butty sauntering across the parade ground :thumb:

The BBC food was dead posh too :)