Image Fight ~ your impressions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Fight ~ your impressions please.

I'm quite enjoying this game at the moment (on PCE). In case you don't know, it is a vert scrolling shooter made by Irem (of R-Type fame).

Your ship has various speed settings that can be adjusted at any time, and you choose whether the pods you collect that fire in tandem with your ship will be forward facing or fire in the opposite direction to whichever you are facing.

However, level design is a bit bland (nothing to do with the graphics, btw) and i'm wondering what others think of the game: is it worth persevering with? At the moment I think yes: the controls and weapons are great, in typical Irem style, for a start. What do you reckon?

I found the Famicom version very bland and very dull. I've played it twice as I got bored so quickly...

Irem seem to make wonderful Horizontal shooters and average to bad vertical ones where Toaplan made wonderful Vertical shooters and average to bad horizontal ones....

Comment

Cheers mate. I'll put a bit more time on it and let you know what I think ^^

Comment

Its a very average shooter in my mind.
        I'd rather play a Toaplan, Cave/Atlus or Konami vertical shooter though (i can only play via Hu**** so its rather small).
        I'm toying with Magic Engine, but you've gotta pay. FOR AN EMU!

Comment

Well, you could play the arcade version; I've never really bothered with the Engine conversion - is it any good?

I discovered this one back in the day down the local arcade, and thought 'cool - something from the RType guys!'. The first level is a touch bland, but I loved trying to fight up the side of the giant ships on the second one. It feels rather dated and quaint now, though.

Comment

Working...
          X