MC2 - xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC2 - xbox

so who's gonna get this then, am really looking forward to this game, the thought of a arcadey racer online really excites me - (burnout 2 should have done it!!!)

can play it with just bikes, just cars, or a mix of both - make ya own chekpoints up, race it all online - multiplayer capture the flag too - and its out this week US and UK, - can't wait, goblin get it in the post now!!

Hmmm... This game intrigues me...

Is it supposed to be any good?

Comment

well....... reps review for ntsc is here

however you need to keep in mind that this is the PS2 version, from everything i've read about the game the xbox version is superior, certainly graphically and online framerate is meant to be better. There is also the much needed custom soundtrack option available, thank fook for that hard drive
      But playing it online with the voice communicator is the biggest advantage i think -as the PS2 version uses a virtual keyboard and/or usb keyboard for text messaging - no voice support.
      Rep clearly states in his review that the score is based only on the single player/offline aspet of the game, (oh and that its the PS2 version

IGN is suitably impressed with the xbox live side of things, tis looking very promising so far...

Comment

Gamespy gave it 91 and the review is a pretty good read as well.

I'll be picking this up for sure but can anyone find out if the US version is region free or not?

The PAL version isnt due out here in Australia until June 27th while the US version is out tomorrow... as it costs the same to import these days it would be handy.

Damn release dates do it everytime, well except Brute Force came out here yesterday two weeks early... weird.

Comment

ello nonny, still hiding on ign

after reading the review pro's and cons are:
          Pros: Amazing online racing; gorgeous graphics and sounds; superb racing engine; tight controls; mad level design; challenging AI.

Cons: Music is a little too generic; difficulty might annoy some gamers; no customizable control scheme.
          i'm dissapointed that they have not mentioned a custom soundtrack, which seems wierd, one of the xbox mags here in the uk has a review and puts the CStrack as a pro for the game - i hope it is actually in there and not just he mag assuming it is......
          difficulty is high, thats a good thing in my book, like PGR hard hopefully..
          no customizable control - this really annoys me, more than anything else especially in racers and FPS's - having to learn and adapt slightly different controls for each game in the same genre really ****s me off - must be an easy thing to add, and just makes developers look either lazy, for not bothering or arrogant assuming they know what every individual gamer wants/needs in a control system.

rant over - and still very much looking forward to this

goblin - get it posted off m8ty

Comment

IGN review has been posted... 8.8/10

Mentioned it doesnt have custom soundtrack options as well...

Comment

The website claimed both 720p and custom music; neither are actually true however. Arse.

Comment

The NTSC-Uk review of the Xbox version will be up very soon.
                =]

Comment

Hmm I was thinking of getting it as part of that free game thingy when you introduce someone to Live.

Comment

had MC2 for 4 or 5 days now, initial impressions are very good

Firstly i'll have to make it clear that this is a very testing game, i've put in lots of hours to get as far as i currently am, - just as of last night, i've opened up Paris, (you start of in L.A, then Paris then Tokyo).
                    The last challenge/race in L.A. took me about 2 hours before i won it, there is no second place in this game, its either win or start again, which could be classed by some as frustrating, personally i like the difficulty, it forces you to learn the short cuts, jumps and city layout, you are not guided by barriers ala burnout 2, there is total freedom to take whatever route you choose.

In some of the races the checkpoints can be taken in any order, which in it's self is a nice change, plot your route, test it out, revise it, try again. The A.I cars do not stick to the same racing line at all, each race they seem to take different routes, different cars win, different chaos each and every time, overall im very happy the opponents cars.
                    The is also the police to worry about, as well as racing you need to keep away from these fellas too, if your car crashses (and gets destroyed) and you're being chased by the filth at the time, then, its race over - you get arrested, if they are chasing another car near you, then you seem to be ok, (there is a damage meter around the speed dial, when all segments are red your car will blow up on the next crash - your new car then respawns on the spot in about a second or so) its pretty mental with a couple of cop cars, 5 other racers, you and oncoming traffic all speeding down one of the busy freeways i can tell ya!!.

Graphically you can tell this game came from the PS2 originally, it's perfectly adequate, tho not visually stunning, but what is great tho, is the shear amount of action on screen, think burnout 2 and then add some, as there seems more traffic, certainly more opponents, pedestrians, and total freedom - no matter whats happened or how chaotic things get,
                    i can't honestly say i don't remember seeing any slowdown at all, the game simply screams speed, in more ways than one....

You start off in a slow car (there's a surprise), soon unlocking faster ones, and the faster ones are fast, really fast, every bit as fast as BO2, and i'm only a third of the way through the game, - when you hit the nitro, (unlockable)or you slip speed someone (again unlockable) the sense of speed is amazing.
                    You can also control the angle and pitch of your car in the air, (unlockable)which is a nice feature, and very much needed in this game, to keep up your speed as you land, ride on 2 wheels, (unlockable) slipsteam opponents, the control of the cars is very good, tho it should be said that there is no custom configuration, which is a slight downside (i believe that every game should have this option -EVERY GAME!!!!.....

On to the bikes, well i only have one at the moment but its fast, the handeling is good - you have the ability to lean as you turn - sharpening the angles of corners, it's another good feature and enables you to take turns much faster than you normally would. When you crash on a bike it takes a couple of seconds to reset yourself, that's the punishment of using such a fast vehicle i guess.

I am thouroughly enjoying this game, as you may have guessed, i haven't even been online yet to race, but i will as soon as i unlock Tokyo, - not even looked at the custom track editor, never even glanced at the multiplayer, or tag/CTF modes, there is so much to this game to learn, the city's are huge and short cuts everywhere if you bother to learn them, i should say that there's a cruise mode where you can use whatever you have already unlocked to just cruise about and learn the city streets.

One last thing, i'm playing this in driver view, which may make the game that bit more difficult, for spotting alleyways, jumps, oncoming traffic as you powerslide round a corners, etc - however in my mind it's the only way to play a driving game and all the more difficult and entertaining for it.

Can't wait to race online, hopefully there should be a few of you that snap this game up, i think the Pal release is this Friday 20th..... i think

Any questions feel free to ask.......
                    YW

Comment

I'm unsure I'll be getting this as well, as I'm definitely getting Midtown 3, but the inclusion of motorbikes definitely has me tempted.

If only I could race to the tune of "Mona Lisa Overdrive" from the Matrix Reloaded score, it would be a shoe-in...

Comment

yeah i forgot to mention that - there is no custom soundtrack option, at all!!

I bought a mag a couple of weeks ago (XBox Magazine - XBM - first and last time i might hasten to add!!) - because it had MC 2 on the cover - reviewed - and in it, it says more than once about the custom sound track option........Just goes to show what a shower of **** that mag is, i expect somewhere in the mag it also states the same old **** about "we only review finished games blah blah blah - which is obviously a load of bollocks too!

Anyway, i must say that the music in midnight club is ****in arse, after the first hour it got switched off, and i fired up my 2nd xbox with my custom "driving" soundtrack running through the amp, while i used TV speakers for the game itself - not quite as good as a proper custom sound set up built into in game, but damn close, and better than that godawful excuse for music that rockstar put on the disc.

Comment

Working...
                        X