Kaido Battle - Impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaido Battle - Impressions?

I know Henning has it. Maybe a few others do too. Is it any good? Worth picking up? How does it compare to Initial D?

Impressions please!

its mainly hill battles - uphill or downhill - and its very very slidy in the control department, drifting cars is very easy and lots of corners are set up for it

lots of japanese text combined with english (or should that be engrish) menu's - some of the translation is funny (get ready set)

graphics are similar to the other highway battle titles - nice enough looking cars and tracks - i particulary love a track which has loads of cherry blossom trees on the trackside and cherry blossoms are raining down whilst your racing - very beautiful indeed

overall this is unlike the other highway battle games (which i expect initial D to be like) - its more like the hill stages from auto modellista so if you like those then you should like this

camps

Comment

Beautifull Japanese landscape and vegetation especially the cherry blossom trees. Great fog, flying leafs and rain effects. There is some snow stages to.

It's technical but not boring. Drifting fun. It will be interesting to compare it to Initial D some day, graphic wise I think KB looks better, but I could be wrong.

Cool feature 1: Pick and battle driver's you meet at the parking lot.
      Cool feature 2: In 'Life mode' there is an Internet BBS embedded with messages to you from 'friends', sponsors and upcoming night battles etc. In Japanese though.

It's obvious this title flirt with the growing drifting scene and the Initial D users. I like.

Comment

Great

I love the Highway battle series.
        one can only hope for a PAL release!

( I don't have a japanes PS2 , strange. all my other consoles are! )

Comment

Sounds great. Now I just have to wait to clear up some breathing space on my credit card.

Comment

Oh my - Tokyo Mountain Racer!!!

TXR/THB are real soul-swallowers - they feel more like RPGs than driving games, the way you're constantly racing to improve your car (battling to improve your level) - it's 3am, just one more race perhaps!!

Wonder if this is destined for a western release tho? I'd have thought the fact we get the Initial D Arcade Machine means there's a good chance we'll get the PS2 version of that - and thus this may come to 'compete' perhaps??

Fingers crossed!!

TTFN

JP

Comment

Working...
            X