Futurama new series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futurama new series

ok, if this has been brought up already please delete..

I picked up a copy of 'nuts' magazine for 60p today and in the news they say that a new series of futurama is apparently supposed to air this autumn/winter its been a long time, but it shall rise again

I thought it was DVD only?
    Well this is even better news i guess.

Comment

There was a rumour about this a few weeks ago, not sure if its been confirmed yet.

I'm in two minds about this, much as I love the show, I think its quite nice to have something exist for just a short time and go out on a high.

Comment

Finally, Fox see sense.

Comment

Got the futurama series boxed set.

Liked it but i thought as the series went on it went downhill

The last episode for example i thought was just to serious and lacking in laughs compared to the earlier episodes

Comment

There are some futurama straight to DVD movies in production, also Futurama is on Fox's shortlist of programs to be recommissioned.

And I wouldn't consider anything that "Nuts" magazine to be true.
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 18-01-2006, 16:04.

Comment

If Family Guy was allowed to come back, it'd be totally perverse if Futurama wasn't.

Comment

The last few episodes are actually episodes that were cut from season 4 because they didn't cut the mustard, which were later aired as season 5 in the US. It's plain to see why, some of them are more sentimental than funny, but if you look at them as a DVD bonus then they're not so bad

Originally posted by eastyy
                Got the futurama series boxed set.

Liked it but i thought as the series went on it went downhill

The last episode for example i thought was just to serious and lacking in laughs compared to the earlier episodes

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
                  I'm in two minds about this, much as I love the show, I think its quite nice to have something exist for just a short time and go out on a high.
                  They should have done that with 'alias'....I also think 'lost' will turn out the same.

Comment

I just hope the new futurama will be better then what the new family guy was (well compared to the older series)

Comment

I just hope the new futurama will be better then what the new family guy was (well compared to the older series)
                      I really don't get that! Some of the new family guy has had my wife and I crying with laughter!

"I'm Dan Rather" (the kettle whistling) absolutely killed us.

Peter having a fart contest with Michael Moore to the tune of Duelling Banjo's (from Deliverance) I watched so many times.

The first new ep as well with Peter reading the comic whilst driving.

The new Family Guy has had some absolute gems in it, I really don't get it.

As for futurama, apparently they are in prelimenary talks as to bringing it back. I'd love to see it back. I loved the last episode as well, really corny and it had the robot devil in it (better known as Homer Simpson hehe)...

Comment

Well i thought it WAS very funny just i felt with many scenes it felt like they were just trying to waste time.

Like that vomiting scene for example

Comment

I dunno, I do see your point mate but I think Family Guy have always done that. The only thing I don't like is the characters that were hardly ever in it, making frequent re-occurences now, like the guys in the red/white stripes, old timey piano etc. The greased-up-deaf-guy as well...

It's like they are trying to please the fanboys, so to speak.

That said, some of my all time favourite Family Guy episodes have been in the new seasons.

Comment

The chicken fight is always a classic so over the top and ludicrous you just cant help but laugh.

Yeh family guy and even simpsons have extended scenes.But this series they were just extended far to long

back on topic

How long has futurama been of the air now?
                            Last edited by eastyy; 19-01-2006, 09:10.

Comment

How long has futurama been of the air now?
                              Too long: Sunday 10 August 2003 was the airdate for the series finale, "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings".

Here's me being unhelpful by giving a recent quote about Futurama from some bloke inside FOX:
                              In terms of "Futurama," there haven't really been any active negotiations at this point.
                              (Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7061)

And a handy site that'll likely be one of the first to break news about a Futurama return:

Can't get enough Futurama

Comment

Working...
                              X