Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should YOU chip your XBox?

Here's some arguments to convince you :

1. First and most importantly, the chip allows you to upgrade your harddisk (I put in an 80 gig myself). All you have to do to get files over to it is ftp them over from your computer.
    2. Allows you to have several applications, including switching from pal to ntsc mode, region free dvd player, xbox explorer etc.
    3. Xboxcopy - take a game, stick it in, and copy all the contents of the dvd onto the harddisk (yes, i know that's cheeky)
    4. Allows you to store and play emulators and roms (currently, only the psx, dc and ps2 haven't been emulated. The psx emulator is being worked on so is the incomplete n64 one too, which had been leaked before).
    5. MAME - play 3000+ of your favourite arcade games on your sofa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    6. Xbox connect - allows you to play halo online!

7. As impressive as the above points are, the biggest advantage of having a modchip is the XBox Media Player. This is what did it for me. This allows you access to your computer's movie, music and picture files, and allows you to watch em on your telly! I use this feature the most by far. There's even a really cool function of checking out a slideshow of all your pics on your computer's hard disk, while listening to your mp3s.

Convinced yet?

i modded 4 weeks ago.
    i couldnt go back.

i agree with everything you say omizzay, its unlocks the box's true potential and turns it into a 'special under the tv pc' (which we all knew it was)

and let me add:

the ability is to copy your games onto the hdd is excellent, no more disc switching, just reset from the controller and then choose. slow loading times? (im looking at you jedi outcast) on the the hdd they load notably faster.

the media player is great and if you want to leave the hdd free for games, just use relaX to stream your media across!

get it done!

Comment

How do you stream it accross? Do you use the ethernet port? I have my xbox chipped but have only used it for mame and imports so far. I'd be interested in fooling around with the media player.

Omizzay, you did all that arguing for chipping and didn't even mention the most obvious point. It allows you to play import games.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar Wizard

the media player is great and if you want to leave the hdd free for games, just use relaX to stream your media across!

get it done!
        or if you have a samsung dvd drive just burn on to cd and play off them (i have a 120gb and i still tend to do this as i only have 50gb left).

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to change the harddrive over and put loads of stuff on it cos I use my xbox mostly for Live. I've already been kicked off once, don't want it to happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerraig UK
            How do you stream it accross? Do you use the ethernet port? I have my xbox chipped but have only used it for mame and imports so far. I'd be interested in fooling around with the media player.

Omizzay, you did all that arguing for chipping and didn't even mention the most obvious point. It allows you to play import games.
            get the latest version of mediaplayer (2.3) and the inclosed pdf explains it fully. any problems post them here.

Comment

cool, thanks.

Comment

as we all know the worst thing about the chip is the minute you go online... thats it, your x-box is logged and that x-box will NEVER go online again... shame

Comment

I've been online with my chipped xbox for about 3 months now.

Comment

Can this be true, has elmo been force fed wrong information.... and at the same time a 'talk-in-3rd-person pill?'

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_elmo
                      Can this be true, has elmo been force fed wrong information.... and at the same time a 'talk-in-3rd-person pill?'
                      yes, but... it depends on which chip you have installed. go to xbox-scene.com for more info. haven't set mine up yet due to not having broadband at home

Comment

no, you have the right information, but you can turn the chip off. If you go online with your chip on you will get banned. Flick a switch though and they're none the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerraig UK

Whoops...my bad. Anyway, imports are cool. Now I can play such wonderful Japanese rarities like Shikigami No Shiro.

Anyway, it couldn't be easier to stream it over. Get yourself a cross over cable and hook up the xbox and pc network. Get yourself relaX and xbmp and bob's your mom's bro.

Here's the site you need : http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/newweb/download_files.htm

Comment

Not wanting to look like too much of a bufty, but as well as all the reasons outlined in the original post (it was a 80gig maxtor drive in my case, too), modding the Xbox meant I got to play DOAX earlier.

I've also replaced the default dvd player app with that RegionX one (nowt to do with Datel), which although doesn't seem to want to use the official remote, it does now mean my Xbox is all region. Handy.

Comment

I think we also tend to overlook how absolutely wonderful the EvoX dashboard it. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X