Prison Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prison Break

Couldnt find a thread about this and seen a few people mention it in the Lost thread and I've just discovered this genius of a show so thought I'd make a new thread!

I believe it's just started recently in the UK and so far have watched the first 5 episodes today!

It really is rather good, Its all unfolding quite nicely, and sure some of it can be a little predictable or over the top but its a great, entertaining show. And I'm confused how its been given such a large break, was it not that popular in USA?

Whats everyone else's thoughts on Prison Break?
    Last edited by MartyG; 27-01-2006, 13:28.

I've only seen the first episode and think I'll probably stick to watching it on channel 5 but I found it entertaining if nothing else. It does make you want to see what happens next and the cast isn't bad, I just hope it doesn't go too over the top as it continues.

Comment

I've seen all 13 episodes aired in the States so far and it's very good, action every episode, fooking 4 month plus mid-season break takes the pee (and there are only three episodes of season one left) - it was was shown in (the absent) 24's Monday at 9pm slot, one of the reasons for such a long break I believe, but come March it will shown straight after 24

Oh and like Five's advertising of the program, well done to them.

Sleeper Cell is another USA Action Drama to keep and eye open for

Comment

Whens it on 5?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss

Sleeper Cell is another USA Action Drama to keep and eye open for
          Aye, I've seen four episodes on your recommendation and it is pretty good. Getting better, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
            Whens it on 5?
            According to the listings, 22:00 - 23:00 on Mondays and repeated 23:00 - 00:00 on a Tuesday.

The listings seem a bit over the place though, as Ep1, 2 and 3 are being shown back to back on Friday 10th February 21.00 - 00.00.

Comment

Cheers Marty shall set teh video for the 3 eps.

Comment

I hope they don't try and string it out if the story's not up to it. I'd rather see a show that had one season which blew me away rather than trying to flog a dead horse over 2/3 years. The first episode had me gripped though.

Comment

It is only on for one season, unless you've heard differently recently.

Comment

Charlie Brooker the miserable sod wrote about it in last weeks the guide.

Charlie Brooker: Hooray! Hooray for Prison Break, because it's wholly bloody stupid and doesn't care who knows it!

Hilarious article! Woke the intrigue receptors in my celebral body. The box of piss quote made me laugh out loud.

Comment

From what I heard its only a 16 episode series. Although the tv guide had the first episode on five listed as number 1 of 23, but I assume that is just an error on their part.

lol that artical ^ is funny as hell, especialy when he starts refering to the main character as Justin Timberlake.
                      Last edited by Zanza; 27-01-2006, 17:56.

Comment

Oh dear god, that article is pathetic. I really can't stand this whole 'love to hate' thing people do nowadays where its cool to say something good is crap just to get attention and seem different. But its not different, everyones doing it. Sad sad people!

I do hope that its only a 1 series thing and thats it over, please dont drag it out with stupid plot extensions and new characters or whatever they would do. Keep it short and sweet and we'll remember it for being a great new, different, entertaining show.

Rock on Justin Timberlake!
                        Last edited by MartyG; 28-01-2006, 23:35.

Comment

OH MY GOD!!

I cant believe they took like a 4 month break on that cliffhanger!!!!

As soon as the episode ended, I just shouted "Oh come onnnnnn!!!!!" in pure anger and frustration!!

Great episode though, didnt see it coming at the end! Cant wait to see how it all finishes now, 16 episodes sounds perfect, 3 more to wrap it all up, should be interesting. I hope they show it before March though, thats just too long. I have no idea how they left such a long break with this, its a fantastic show.

Comment

Totally agree, one series and that should be it.

I'm now up to Edpisode 8 and it just keeps getting better. This is the best series I've seen in ages, Lost just pales by comparison.

The only downside and it really is a minor thing is that its a bit hard to believe how they are getting away with bumping off every witness, investigator and person even vaguely linked to the trial.

Can't wait to get through the next 5 episodes and then the finale ones. I wonder when the DVD set will be out to buy.

Comment

Up to episode 11 and holy moly! Its only bloody

Holly Valance!

. Never saw that coming.

Was also trying to figure out where I'd seen Veronica Donovan from, but then I realised she was in Vertical Limit, that incredibly cheesey but strangely enjoyable climbing film from a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X