Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spine cards- why do people love them so?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spine cards- why do people love them so?

okay after recently purchasing a some jap saturn games i accidently threw the spine card away in the bin in the excitement of unpackaging my new games. Luckily i realised my mistake before it was to late, and thankfully the card missed the bin and was laying on the floor beside it. Then i come to realise thats all spine cards are a piece of packaging which many would have rightfully thrown away. So why do people go mad over them? myself i don't care if a game i buy comes with one, its not essential like an instruction booklet, but some don't think that their game is complete without one.

So what is the importance of spine cards? why do people see them as an essential part of their purchase? Why are spine cards so special?

All they do is signify what games they are in big letters, I'm not sure why it's important for some people to keep them. Well its obvious for completeness whatever, one for the "collectors".

Comment

When/if you re-sell, the spine may get you an extra tenner.

I keep everything with mine, even the epilepsy books with nintendo stuff.

Comment

Its part of the original package, therefore a complete game needs them.

Don't forget they serve a purpose too, barcode and all that.

Slightly related, but does anyone know of any games with a spine card on the rhs (as you look at it) as opposed to the lhs. Only game I can think of is Phantasy Star Collection for the jp ss.

Comment

I keep the original cellophane, that makes me cool....doesn't it?

For me its just an extension of OCD level neatness, I wont even buy a newspaper if its got a creased cover. Luckily my padded cell is always neat and tidy.

Comment

is an unopened sealed game complete and and an open yet mint one, 'incomplete' then?

spine cards are nice, if a game I get has one, lovely , means I can mention it when I ever come to sell it again, but people who make threads specifically for spine cards, just lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
              Its part of the original package, therefore a complete game needs them.

Don't forget they serve a purpose too, barcode and all that.

Slightly related, but does anyone know of any games with a spine card on the rhs (as you look at it) as opposed to the lhs. Only game I can think of is Phantasy Star Collection for the jp ss.
              I think that card design was meant to hide the packing inside the PSC. It's also a slightly different outer sleeve as normally the opening at the top, were in the PSC it's to the right hand side. Can't say I've seen any others like it however.

Policenauts on the Saturn has the same type of boxed design, with a wierd spine attached to the box.

I always go for games with the spine as their just not complete with out it.

Comment

Its all BS.

It's as stupid as keeping the flyers they put inside PS2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M
                  I think that card design was meant to hide the packing inside the PSC. It's also a slightly different outer sleeve as normally the opening at the top, were in the PSC it's to the right hand side. Can't say I've seen any others like it however.

Policenauts on the Saturn has the same type of boxed design, with a wierd spine attached to the box.

I always go for games with the spine as their just not complete with out it.
                  I know. I was just wondering if there were other rhs cards is all.

Comment

games with Spine cards look so much nicer than games without. Personally I would like to keep the spine card as it's more a complete game with it. I couldn't care less about the Reg cards though but it seems Japanese aren't like that. They seem to think the Reg card is more important than the spine at times. It's not only Japanese games that have spines but also music CDs.

take a look at these. Which looks better? The one with or without the spine.?

SATURN

DREAMCAST

MEGA CD

Yakumo

Comment

Fair enough it looks better while it's sealed, but once opened the spine card doesn't stay there - and couldn't even if you wanted it to!

Comment

It does if you keep your games in CD baggies, which all elite collectors do

Comment

I just keep all mine in a pile to the side.

I couldn't give a monkeys about the reg card as they are just so bland an uninteresting.

Just spare a thought for any UK Mega CD collector, UK spine cards are almost impossible to get.

Comment

Which one looks better?

O_o, which one is the better game should be the real question

Originally posted by Yakumo
                            games with Spine cards look so much nicer than games without. Personally I would like to keep the spine card as it's more a complete game with it. I couldn't care less about the Reg cards though but it seems Japanese aren't like that. They seem to think the Reg card is more important than the spine at times. It's not only Japanese games that have spines but also music CDs.

take a look at these. Which looks better? The one with or without the spine.?

SATURN

DREAMCAST

MEGA CD

Yakumo

Comment

Love the spine card, respect the spine card. Spine cards facilitate the resealing of games and selling them off as "new and factory sealed" by pirate traders

Comment

Working...
                              X