Super Mario All-Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario All-Stars

I know the version that came with the SNES featured Mario World as a bonus, but was it released commercially like this at any time?

nope it was only available when you buy the snes plus mario allstars + mario world pack

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
      nope it was only available when you buy the snes plus mario allstars + mario world pack
      cheers mate

Comment

Did that version come out in Europe then? I've only heard about the US version.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Yep. I thought it was a PAL-exclusive up untill you just mentioned a possible US version.

Comment

Lookie:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ultra-rare-mar...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter

I would have to disagree, as I remember seeing it for sale, new in GAME, many years ago.

The box design was the same as the Super Mario All Star design with + Mario World at the bottom.

So unless it was split from the pack? But Nintendo never gave you the game's box in their SNES pack's you just got the cart and manual.

Comment

From Wikipedia

Super Mario World is only included in the Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World pack that was bundled with the SNES in December 1994.

Comment

Whoever wrote that information is wrong. I bought Mario Allstars in the mid 90's and it came with standard packaging as any other game would.

Mario Allstars might have been a bundle exclusive for a month or two but it defintly got released seperatly too.

Here is a link to an Ebay Auction for proof
                  Last edited by mcarocks2003; 19-02-2006, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by mcarocks2003
                    Whoever wrote that information is wrong. I bought Mario Allstars in the mid 90's and it came with standard packaging as any other game would.

Mario Allstars might have been a bundle exclusive for a month or two but it defintly got released seperatly too.

Here is a link to an Ebay Auction for proof
                    :nono:

Not with Super Mario World it didn't.

Comment

My mistake, despite reading this thread i obviously didn't read it carefully enough.

Comment

Is this pointing towards a SNES article, or a Mario one, Dazza?

Comment

Originally posted by seany1979
                          Is this pointing towards a SNES article, or a Mario one, Dazza?
                          I don't know what you mean...

Comment

coo... that would explain why the one I bought for beatties about 7 years ago didn't have a proper box then ;p I jus got the cart an manual, for ?2.99 brand new I wasn't complaining tho ^_^

Comment

Darran, it was available in shops new & complete. It is quite a rare sight these days, though.

The box looked like this, cheers Google:

Last edited by RetroEd; 20-02-2006, 00:08.

Comment

Working...
                              X