Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trusted Traders website (Updated - please read latest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trusted Traders website (Updated - please read latest)

Sorry - I know this isn't feedback on a user, but this seemed to be the most relevant forum for this.

I made a "trusted traders" site for the edge forums - you can go take a peek at http://themelee.com/tt/ or ask people here that are registered on the edge too (e.g. lordcookie) as to what it's like. Basically, it's an ebay-esque feedback system that makes looking for users and leaving them feedback a lot easier than trawling through pages of forum threads.

Now looking at the new forum, it'd be relatively easy to make this work with NTSC-uk too - but i'd like to know first if there's any interest in it. What do you think? Would you like it? PM me with any suggestions but reply here (or wherever this topic gets moved to) with any interest.

Cheers.

Suiz

I tried to check it out without success at first.

HTTP 404 - File not found
    Internet Information Services
    Your post has an added comma on the link.

I'm not really convinced it's needed now though.
    Our old ikonboard was poor, granted.
    However now we're all mySQL'd, db issues 'should' be fairly moot.

I really don't think its too hard to put in the users name in the 'keyword' box at the bottom of the page to find their feedback thread. It was primarily added for this purpose.

Of course there are advantages to an 'independant' feedback source and I'm not really against it any major way. I'd like to know what our users think.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up.

Comment

Whoops, edited Damn auto-url whatsits...

Cheers for the feedback - great stuff, and succinct points. Anyone think that it'd be a boon?

I'll open the site up tonight to people wanting to browse the system so you can look without having to register.

Comment

Don't know if the Trusted Trader site would be needed on here as NTSC-UK seems to be a more friendly, close knit community. But i can certainly vouch that Suzid's site works well and is a pleasure to use.

Comment

The fact that the NTSC-uk site allows you to easily find a users feedback means it wasn't as necessary as it was when it was at Edge, but it does offer the possibility for negative feedback too (which hasn't been abused) and for people to post their current sales on there. It is a very good site, and Suizid worked really hard on it, and it would be a shame to see it go to waste.

Comment

i found it very useful myself so id like to see it used in one form or another !!

Comment

No respones from any well known ntsc regulars yet.

Comment

This was a great piece of work by Suizid. I still use it to check on traders and it would be a shame to see it wasted.

Comment

This was a great piece of work by Suizid. I still use it to check on traders and it would be a shame to see it wasted.
                  It will only be wasted if Edge doesn't return or if they lose the trading folder.
                  At the moment it's all well and good that the 'ex-Edgers' like it, but this isn't Edge is it?

I was expecting more feedback on this, as was Suizid I guess, but I suppose the interest isn't there at the moment. Give it a few days and maybe some peeps will stumble over this sticky.

Comment

I don't see the harm in adapting it for both here and Edge, if it returns. A lot of people frequent both forums, and with this place expanding it's membership over the past few days, then the site could possibly be very useful. With the increased traffic this forum is getting it may be needed, perhaps wait a few weeks and see how things settle down. Great work on the site though Suizid.

Comment

Amnion actually emailed the owner of the trusted traders website a few weeks ago to see about getting our feedback integrated into the edge one

its a good site which can be invaluable to buyers and sellers alike

camps

Comment

Ive registered for the site and will take a look once I get my activation notice.

The Feedback forum is fine, but as we experienced previously as the forum spreads over multiple pages often feedback isnt left as people dont look back to see if a thread has been started for a username, or dont use the search function. The other issue, is that its dependant on the forum being maintained, obviously the deleteion of the previous forum meant that a lot of valuable feedback was erased.

Ill take a look at the site, and if its suitable for what we are after, then I dont see why we shouldnt use it.

Comment

Originally posted by camps
                          Amnion actually emailed the owner of the trusted traders website a few weeks ago to see about getting our feedback integrated into the edge one

its a good site which can be invaluable to buyers and sellers alike

camps
                          Aye, I got back to him but I think he's a bit busy at the moment.

The plan was to integrate the two - Edge users and NTSC-uk users would be identifiable, as would people registered to both; probably by colour - ie. edge users= green, NTSC-uk users=blue, registered on both=orange or something. This would be reflected in the feedback for both too.

marcus, it's immeshed with the edge forum at the moment so if you're not registered there you won't be able to be validated - that's the work i'd have to do to adapt the site to NTSC-uk - but i'll open up the site today so everyone can view how things work on it without having to register (though you won't be able to leave feedback naturally )

Comment

Right then chaps:

View all traders

View top 10 traders

Take a look around, and please post back in here with any comments.

Comment

As soon as I'm activated I can post some feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X