The enjoyment of pirated retro cartridges thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The enjoyment of pirated retro cartridges thread

Note right at the start that I'm not promoting or condoning the purchase of multi-carts in order to circumvent actually paying for the games, that's not what this thread is about.

I'm sure a fair few of you have some dodgy East Asian pirated retro cartridges, so what have you got?

I found a mystery caseless Famicom cartridge and got it to work in my NES via the joys of one of the in-cart 60-72-pin adaptors used in some NES cartridges.

Turns out it's a Yoko Soft port of Street Fighter 2!
    It's crap though, obviously. See the attached pics.
    And there are only 4 characters to choose from. I don't know about bosses.
    I am yet to get the required number of perfects to see the special ending

I also have a Golden Game 260-in-1 NES cartridge which is apparently not too rare, but I'm going to be doing a page on my site about it to show which games are on it and how many different sprite-hacked clones of each game there are. Will link to that when I've done the screenshots and written the stuff.

So go on then, show us yours.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by VR46; 23-02-2006, 08:54.

Sonic 4 for the Super Nintendo - Terrible, Terrible hack!

Last edited by VR46; 23-02-2006, 10:01. Reason: returns between links please

Comment

This stuff is great and I think it deserves a lot more exposure. While perhaps not being as collectable as many video gaming paraphernalia, there's some really great/funny/crap (delete as appropriate) out there, albeit mostly Famiclones.

That said, I don't have anything weird and wonderful to add being recommending any of the HK 500-in-1 style Gameboy cartridges (also recently mentioned on rllmuk)

Comment

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...1&postcount=17

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...1&postcount=15

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...5&postcount=16

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...8&postcount=17

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showpost.p...2&postcount=18

All md of course.

I've got a few more md pirates not shown above too. The best one is a 270 in 1..all mark3/sms games. The cart weighs over twice as much as a normal md cart!

Comment

wheelaa how do they play? Visually, they look quite professional.
          Ok, I've just learnt to read. Seems you have quite a few there, they look pretty sweet
          Going to start doing a run-down of this Golden Game one now.

Comment

The scrolling fighters are both ok. The mario 2 (smb rip) is quite good too, as is the DK, and LK2. Most of the fighters are ****e, save Chinese Fighter 3 which is ok (but only 2 buttons). Multicarts well are normal games so ok (or not as the case may be)

Comment

The only time i played a pirated game was in the arcade streetfighter 2 black belt edition.

I did hear of some neo geo games though like beats of rage and crouching tiger hidden dragon 2003

Comment

THey used to have that Crouching Tiger in a Retro Game Center in thecity where I work. I remember postinga few picture of it over at assemblergames.com but I doubt they are still up.

yakumo

Comment

The bootlegs I own

First one I bought back in mid 90's is Super Street Fighter 2 cart from some second hand game store in Accrington.

Second one I bought off Ebay 3 years ago is for GameGear it has 50 + games on it most are **** games I've never seen before only about 25 work.

Third one I bought for the Gameboy 100 games in 1 cart But really it's just 10. I bought it for a laugh from Benidrom market from some Spainish screbs.

Funny part is the people who made the game couldn't speak English very well and made up the other 90 game names from the first 10 games Hence you get really daft names like Spider Duck 3 and the like.

I have some MVS bootlegs aswell, only 2 tho as I now send em back to sellers.

Once bought a shock troopers 1 off Ebay and that is the worst bootleg I've ever owned, real hack job. Roffle China

Comment

The only one I've got is the pirate MD Tetris:

Does anyone know for sure if this is the exact same game as the ultra-rare unreleased JP MD Tetris or a different Tetris incarnation? I've heard conflicting reports about that.

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama
                      The only one I've got is the pirate MD Tetris:

Does anyone know for sure if this is the exact same game as the ultra-rare unreleased JP MD Tetris or a different Tetris incarnation? I've heard conflicting reports about that.
                      I've got that, too - though I always wondered the same thing about who developed it. Sometimes people try to stick them 'Buy It Now' on eBay at silly prices but they only seem to fetch between ?10-?20 at most.
                      I've only ever really had a few Megadrive multi-game carts, the best being one that had Truxton, Forgotten Worlds, Hellfire, Columns, Mystic Defender and something(s) else on it. Got the Rainbow Islands MD with Super Monaco 1, but Monaco doesn't work - pretty disappointing for a bootleg (only 2 games? - pah!)
                      What about them N64 joypad NES multigame rip-offs - anyone know if there's any with MD or SNES games in???

Comment

I got one at a car boot sale which has loads of werid obsucre game boy games on it, Great fun some of them

I used to have another that had loads more popular games on it, like Mario Land 1 and Mario Land 4 =, i regret selling it now

Comment

Originally posted by anagrama
                          I have it on good authority that it isn't the same as the offical tetris.

Comment

Working...
                          X