Name the retro arcade games *help please*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name the retro arcade games *help please*

I'm having a little trouble remembering the name of to game i used to play in the arcades;

In the the first on, you walked along a corridor controlling a large warrior with armour and a shield. You then fought other warriors (one-to-one) and you could attack high/medium or low. Bits of armour where broken off and you could only kill the opponent by hitting them in the section with no armour.

The second game was a shooter; vertical. Not made as far as i can remember by a large co-op company. You controller quite a big ship and fired double lasers. The back ground was a fast moving 'lattice' or space station. The ship was also pretty big. You might have had a second button for bombs??

Help me relive my youth!

Not 100% sure at all but the first one sounds like a game I used to play in the games room of a pub in Clacton that me and my family used to visit when we was down that way. The game was by and large rubbish but it was either that or a crud 2p per play fruit machine. The game had nice big sprites tho, it was called Fighting Fantasy I think, don't know the manufacturer, I think it was listed on www.klov.com have a look, might be the game you're thinking of.

Comment

The first one on your list is Gladiator, I used to like that one too

The second one is a bit vague though

Comment

is the second one alcon/slap fight by taito?

Comment

Was the second one really, really red? It sounds similar to a game they used to have (probably still do) in my local youth club when I was younger.

Comment

If the first game is Gladiator/Great Gurianos, it's available on the Taito Legends compilation.

Comment

Working...
            X