The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Ok, I just did a search and found nothing on this here so, my fisrt thoughts..........****!

http://www.transformerslive.com/
    Last edited by Duddyroar; 30-08-2006, 13:04. Reason: topic title change

Jib live action off, a real life transformer now exists...

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I've heard a few rumours about a live action Transformers film for a few months now, but this is the first solid evidence I've seen relating to it.

*bookmarks site*

Cheers bangaio.

Comment

Originally posted by bangaio
        Ok, I just did a search and found nothing on this here so, my fisrt thoughts..........****!

http://www.transformerslive.com/
        More like yuck.

Michael Bay films suck goatcocks. They have ruined my childhood.

Comment

I stopped being interested in this when they announced Soundwave was going to be a Helicopter.
          And you just know Optimus Prime will be voiced by some cringe-inducing twat even though Peter Cullen is still alive and kicking.

Comment

Is this 'modern' transformers then? Where Megatron is a tank and Optimus Prime is... god knows, a dump truck or something?

Comment

That YouTube vid is sick! Every guy in my office was watching my screen

Are there any pics of this Micheal Bay attempt?

Comment

No pics yet - nothing has been filmed.

This is old hat - that site is at least six months old now.

I'm withholding judgement, as the production team are sending very mixed messages at the moment - on one hand they say they're doing this 'for the fans' and that those who grew up with Transformers in the 80's will love the film, but then on the other hand you've got them saying that they won't jump through hoops to make older fans happy and that the story will be based around humans and their reactions to the transformers, rather than being about the robots themselves.

I do have a semi-bad feeling about this, but let's see, eh?

Comment

That would *almost* work, because a fair few of the comics had humans unsure who were the good ones and bad ones, and it was presented as a kind of 'war of monsters' with humans trapped in the middle.. obviously the autobots would always end up making friends with them though.

Comment

Yeah, but the characters in the comics were only bit-players who would be forgotten about after their stories had been told...only Spike made regular appearences, didn't he?

I think the film will have an annoying American teenager stuck in the middle of the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                      Yeah, but the characters in the comics were only bit-players who would be forgotten about after their stories had been told...
                      That might be how they're approaching the film - rather than telling the whole story from the comic/cartoon perspective, tell it as a one off from the humans perspective? It might not be so bad. i remember early ones where the decepticons attacked oil rigs and the like, nobody knew what they were and so on. I'm most worried that they'll change all the robot designs, names, personalities and turn it into something totally non-transformers - I can see this happening. I'll be disappointed if Sparkplug Witwicky doesn't make an appearance somewhere, just cos it's the best character name ever invented!

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar

I think the film will have an annoying American teenager stuck in the middle of the war.
                        Word.

The only thing they can realistically do is remake More than meets the eye innit.

But probably without all the berma mines stuff. Shame, that scene where prime is being a spastic transforming is one of my faves.

Comment

But probably without all the berma mines stuff. Shame, that scene where prime is being a spastic transforming is one of my faves.
                          LOL! That bit is quality. I like the way that the other Autobots just stand around cheering him on with the likes of 'you can do it, you can do it!!!' rather than actually trying to help in a 'technical' manner.

Comment

Really doubt its going to be as good as the cartoon film

Would like to be proved wrong though.

Watched the film a little while back i remeber just looking at the credits at the end the sheer amount of famous people to do the voices really suprised me

Comment

I do love 'Transformers: The Movie!' but Eric Idle's performance really pisses me off, for some reason I thought Wreck-Gar was great when I was a kid. That must've come from the comics cos in the movie he's an annoying twat.

Comment

Working...
                              X