Knight Lore on the FDS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight Lore on the FDS?

Can anyone confirm that this is Ultimate's Knight Lore...or are they completely unrelated?
    Attached Files

Same name but it looks nothing like Knight Lore although the protagonists hat does look mighty similar.

Comment

The MSX version by Jaleco is the same as the speccy one, So I'd imagine the Jaleco FDS conversion is the same game as well.

Comment

Cool. I want it.

Comment

No **** Kron I never knew that.

Very interesting.

Comment

I've not played it, but it's debatable. There was a FDS game called "Monty on the Run", except from what I can tell it wasn't in any way related to the Spectrum/C64 game starring a Mole. It involved a bearded criminal who was literally, "on the run". Interesting game, where you could choose the items to help you on your escape, like scuba gear, or a handgun, or other bits and bobs.

Not really any help regarding this title, but it's another example of a FDS title named after an 8-bit game.

If you're desperate, try the ROM out.

EDIT:
            Found some online screens, at a naughty place I can't link to, and it does indeed look like the Knight Lore by Ultimate. In fact, the visuals look awesome. Decent resolution and plenty of colour.

Which raises an odd point. There were actually quite a few Western games exclusively ported to the Japanese Famicom, that never made it to the Western NES. Karateka springs to mind, as do a few others. Very odd indeed. I wonder why Japan got these Western games, but not their countiry's of origin?
            Last edited by Sketcz; 26-02-2006, 20:35.

Comment

It could be that different publishers owned the rights in each territory so they would have had to have bought the Famicom version from the Japanese rights holder or made their own version.

Comment

found these searching google.jp - interesting, looks at least mildly like Knightlore (ZX) and is licensed from Rare - so looks like it's indeed based on the original.

Weird - i've seen this disk a few times and each time thought "he he, wonder if they are related?" :/

Comment

Working...
                X