The Neo Geo AES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Neo Geo AES

Hi guys, this is my first post, just want to ask a few Q's about the neo geo aes. Where is the best place to buy it from, which model (I heard UK games are censored) and at what price should I expect it to be. Also can you guys recommend some games with prices? Thanks in advance!

The best place to get one from is Ebay, cheapest anyway. All the games are identical the region of the machine dictates censorship. To this end a Japanese machine is definately best giving you red blood etc. You should be able to get an unboxed Jap console with sticks for less than ?100.

Games wise there are loads to recommend. Here are some great games which won't break the bank: Super Sidekicks 1 or 3, Samurai Showdown 1 or 2, Fatal Fury Special, Soccer Brawl, Last Resort, Art of Fighting 2.

Comment

Blait, you can get Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown 2 & 2020 Baseball among others for around ?15.

Some of the best games anywhere!

Comment

After frankly disliking the jap ps2, i've decided to get rid soon, so i'll have a space which i plan on filling with either a pc engine duo or neogeo aes, decisions decisions. Had a neo last year, out of experiance its probably best to do your research first before buying any games. Also try to limit the carts you buy, stick to under ?100 games, don't go over the top, you don't want to turn out into one of those people on the neo-geo forums who have something like three metal slug AES carts, what is the ****in point?

get yourself a RGB scart, vgi sell some good ones. Don't buy a pal system get either a USA or Jap one, the language with all games will be in english on the USA system but games will also be censored, however jap systems have no censoring but games will be in jap, you should get the sytem bios chip so you can get the best of both worlds.

i recommend these games:

under ?50-

- kof 94, 95, 96
        - soccer brawl
        - super side kicks 2
        - magician lord
        - blue's journey
        - samurai showdown 1 + 2

under ?100-

- double dragon
        - kof 97 - 02
        - last blade
        - metal slug 4
        - windjammers
        - kabuki klash

Its probably the best time to get into the neo, the demand and general crazyness from 3-4 years ago seems to have gone, and prices have been trailling off for along time (for example mark of the wolves would have gone for ?400+ not so long ago, now its under ?200), i wouldn't be surprised if the bottom falls out of the market in the near future
        Last edited by muse hunter; 26-02-2006, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter

Its probably the best time to get into the neo, the demand and general crazyness from 3-4 years ago seems to have gone, and prices have been trailling off for along time (for example mark of the wolves would have gone for ?400+ not so long ago, now its under ?200), i wouldn't be surprised if the bottom falls out of the market in the near future
          I would definately agree, the AES is one awesome and addictive machine, and those AES boxes are just the best ever and look so cool when theyre all beautifully displayed/stashed in your room!!!!!!

Comment

It's worth noting that most of the later JP games also have an English option. If not, they're all arcade games anyway so it's not much of an issue.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I should have bought it when I was in Japan this January, but my missus was with me giving me dirty looks every time I bought some games. Well I'll just buy it on ebay and let her know after it arrives!

Comment

You'd be better off getting a consolized 2 or 4 slot and buying MVS games. That would be your best bet, cheaper alternative.

Failing that and you have a healthy amount of cash to buy Homecarts check out these games. Don't bother with the cheaper older games, unless you get an absolute steal of a deal. Alot of the earlier games are ballz

MOTW
                Metal Slug X or 3
                Waku Waku 7
                Blazing Star
                Magical Drop 3
                Last Blade
                Last Blade 2
                KOF 96
                KOF 98
                Wind Jammers
                Sam Shodown 2 or 4

Some pretty good games to go fro from teh off. If you can, try romz of the games you want before buying, then your not disappointed. Nearly forgot about conversions are ok ish if you want to go down that route, for more rarer exspensive titles.

These 2 websites have good reviews aswell for games
                http://www.neo-geo.com/

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/

8)
                Last edited by NeoClaret; 27-02-2006, 18:47.

Comment

Working...
                X