Bill Hicks - 'new' bit of audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Hicks - 'new' bit of audio

It's a mix of heard & unheard stuff & the sound quality is not great; it was recorded just after Bill had been cut from The David Letterman Show, so that comes in for a bit of a rant...

Obviously, not safe for work.

Very cool! Downloading it now and will listen to it soon. It's such a shame that most of his recorded stuff covers such a small period of time of his life.

Although it's funny how, years on, his Gulf War stuff is so relevant. Different Bush, same old ****.

If I could bring one person back from the dead, it would probably be Bill Hicks.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks man.
      Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Excellent... I am a huge hicks fan.

Im still trying to locate a decent copy of One Night Stand if anyone knows where to download one from? The best I have is an awful VHS copy from years back.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny
          Excellent... I am a huge hicks fan.

Im still trying to locate a decent copy of One Night Stand if anyone knows where to download one from? The best I have is an awful VHS copy from years back.
          If you can play region 1 DVDs, it's on this one, along with Relentless, Revelations & the Just A Ride doc

Comment

Okay, waaaaay old topic but news that relates to this and, for Bill Hicks fans (or at least me), this is a big deal.

Check this out - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39951

After all these years, 14 years, that Letterman footage which I'm pretty sure they claimed several times no longer existed will be aired. Wow. More than that, his mother will be on the show, with Letterman. I hope she gives him **** but I've seen her interviewed and she's far too nice.

Comment

Nice for his mum, I suppose. But **** Letterman. Always thought his chat show was ****, and Bill didn't need it. He got his message across eventually. Just as shame that he was so under-appreciated when he was alive. But that has happened to loads of influential and innovative artists. They don't always get the recognition they deserve until they are long gone.

Now Letterman's cleared the air, maybe Dennis Leary will step forward and apologise for nicking Bill's material.

Comment

It's on YouTube. Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Comment

Originally posted by PrayforMojo View Post
                  Nice for his mum, I suppose. But **** Letterman. Always thought his chat show was ****, and Bill didn't need it. He got his message across eventually. Just as shame that he was so under-appreciated when he was alive. But that has happened to loads of influential and innovative artists. They don't always get the recognition they deserve until they are long gone.

Now Letterman's cleared the air, maybe Dennis Leary will step forward and apologise for nicking Bill's material.
                  Dave Letterman is awsome, if you hunt down an interview with Bill Hicks on Howard Stern's show after the censorship incident you'll hear Bill say he was a big fan himself. Getting his segment cut from the show was a ****ty thing to do and Letterman admited this long ago on the It's Just a Ride documentary. Bill had much more venom for Letterman's rival Jay Leno for the whole shilling Doritos thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X