Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i finally got a 96 star in mario world

don't laugh, this is a great acheivement for me

So i've been playing mario world again heavily for the least week, and now i've finally acheived what i've never done before i got a 96 star, maybe i never had the patience before those special levels are a pain, very tear inducing, causing extreme tantrum throwing. But i've finally done which i haven't managed in 10yrs since i first played the game, this ranks up there next to beating rugal in kof 98 as my personal great gaming acheivements. Now all i need to do is find a trophy and get 'achieved 96 star in super mario world' engraved on it.

LOL!

Have you ever got 120 stars in Mario 64? Equally as rewarding (only without an alternate world)

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
      LOL!

Have you ever got 120 stars in Mario 64? Equally as rewarding (only without an alternate world)
      never managed that

Comment

It's nearly time for my annual play-through of Super Mario World.

Sometimes I look at family members & friends & I wonder if I love them as much as I love the music in the underground cave levels of SMW; particularly when combined with the flutter sound made by the bats they swoop down from the ceiling.

It's a tough call.

Comment

I need to do some SMW on the guitar (inc. sound effects)

Anyone seen that japanese guy play SMB1 on the guitar using harmonics for the coin collecting noises? Ace stuff. I'm gonna do a SMW one one day.

Comment

I remember that; it had pipe noises and everything! Wasn't it supposed to have been fake though? Or was that just people being jealous?

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
              Sometimes I look at family members & friends & I wonder if I love them as much as I love the music in the underground cave levels of SMW; particularly when combined with the flutter sound made by the bats they swoop down from the ceiling.
              Haha, plus the way all the sound effects have that echo quality. Brilliant.

Anyway, well done muse hunter. Haven't 100%'d SMB4 for years, but I did it several times back in the day when I had no money for new games, so this got played to death. Always had the most trouble on the level where you need to use the cape to swoop under the "normal" exit to get the extra one.

Comment

since when did SMW have 'stars'

? levels?

I have 120'd m64 twice on 64 and 150'd on DS, never again .

but supermarioworld, sure, games a classic

Comment

You get a little "star" next to the number 96 on the file menu once you've done it, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
                    I remember that; it had pipe noises and everything! Wasn't it supposed to have been fake though? Or was that just people being jealous?
                    Playing like that certainly is possible - takes a LOT of practice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                      Haha, plus the way all the sound effects have that echo quality. Brilliant.

Anyway, well done muse hunter. Haven't 100%'d SMB4 for years, but I did it several times back in the day when I had no money for new games, so this got played to death. Always had the most trouble on the level where you need to use the cape to swoop under the "normal" exit to get the extra one.
                      thanks, use yoshi for that level and when you swoop just past the normal exit underneath jump off him, you may be committing yoshi to a horrible death but at least the task is done.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                        thanks, use yoshi for that level and when you swoop just past the normal exit underneath jump off him, you may be committing yoshi to a horrible death but at least the task is done.
                        Cheat!

I've been on a Mario fest this week too. Done SMB & SMB 2, up to world 5 on SMB3 and once that is done I'll get on SMB4. And after all that, I still have to find time for Katamari!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak
                          Cheat!

I've been on a Mario fest this week too. Done SMB & SMB 2, up to world 5 on SMB3 and once that is done I'll get on SMB4. And after all that, I still have to find time for Katamari!!
                          you forgot yoshi's island

i can never use the cape to bounce up and down in the air, i just can't pull such a simple thing off, thankfully for me its not vital.

Good luck on smb 3 i always get screwed over in the last world of that game

Comment

I remember in super mario 64 and in sunshine it felt frustrating it felt like you had to find all the stars to proceed even some of the harder ones

Only platform game i have 100% completed is jak and daxter 1
                            Last edited by eastyy; 10-03-2006, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                              you forgot yoshi's island

i can never use the cape to bounce up and down in the air, i just can't pull such a simple thing off, thankfully for me its not vital.

Good luck on smb 3 i always get screwed over in the last world of that game
                              Meh, never liked Yossi.

Just practice matey. Although I'll admit it's a lot easier on the GBA!

Yup, that's the bit that ****s me over. Gonna get plenty of P Wings for that last world!

Comment

Working...
                              X