Is there anything wrong with RANGER X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything wrong with RANGER X?

Looking to pick up a copy of ranger x on the megadrive as it looks fantasic, but its so cheap, (for a pal copy,not that thats a complaint) just wondered if its any good? Also im going to need a 6 button pad to play it? No?

I don't think you need the six button pad but it was designed around it so it does help to have one. I controls are quite complex and I would imagine using the the standard three button setup would be a bit of a pain - but then again I never have - I've only used the 6B one so I can't comment for sure.

The game is excellent, BTW.

Comment

i think its great

Dont remember if it needs a 6 button though

Comment

Whats so complex about the controls then? It was in the back of my mind that its dosent play like a regular hori shmup, could you explain please? Why if its so great does it go for peanuts in comparision to say thunderfore 4 which for a pal md game is 'expensive' neither are that rare are they?

Comment

was EX-ranza the Japanese version?

Comment

Yup

Comment

yeah its pretty enjoyable

Comment

EX-Ranza was the Japanese version. It's a really nice game and though it feels a little jerky at first (and the first level is a bit disappointing) it reveals itself to be one of the most intricate platform/shooter hybrids on the MD. There's some truly great graphics and effects in this one, too. One of the unsung heroes of the Megadrive and well worth checking out.

Comment

for some reason i always seem to get confused between ex ranza and mazinger Z

When they are quite different

Comment

Buy it.

For me, it's in my top 5 personal favourite MD games ever. An absolutely wonderful gem of a game, on so many levels. ^_^

Comment

Great game, buy it. It's cheap because it's pretty easy to come by and isn't as well known as stuff like Thunderforce.

Comment

Yes great thanks everybody, anyone care to explain the 'complex' controls? Want to get the 6 button pad to go with it but whats it needed for?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                          Yes great thanks everybody, anyone care to explain the 'complex' controls? Want to get the 6 button pad to go with it but whats it needed for?
                          Sure buddy its simple. When using the 6-button pad x is simply used for moving ur bike/vehicle left and z for moving it right. This is useful as u can move both ranger x and the bike independantly. Can't remember what y is for. Ill check it out for ya. It aint that complicated really tho.. U dont actually NEED the 6-button pad either as i remember i used to use the 3-button one back on the day and can't remember having any problems..

Comment

I got Ranger X when it was out, as a birthday present.

I still have it to this day. Wonderful game.

Comment

Does it improve much after the first level? I just don't seem the point of the first level. I know you should give a game a fair chance, but first impressions are not favourable, and I do not have the time or patience that I once had as a 15 year old.

Comment

Working...
                              X