Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post any retro arcades you find in the uk (and pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post any retro arcades you find in the uk (and pics)

Was surprised nobody did this before.. or maybe I just couldn't find it.. Anyhow was just wonderin if theres anything decent out there nowadays. All I could find was outrun... 2 Still it DOES bring back memories!

Stay off my patch, youngster. Check it: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...arcade+odysseyIn your face, kyo!

Comment

An arcade nearby where I live still has working cabinets for the original Ridge Racer, and Lucky and Wild.

Walton Pier used to have Prop Cycle (Retro-ish I guess) before they got the entire arcade section revamped with Jap. machines.

Comment

Threads like this make me sad, Truro Arcade in Cornwall used to be the don of arcades , at LEAST 15+ multislot MVS cabs with all the latest MVS carts at the time. They had an assload of pcbs like numan athletics, track and field etc, and basically every MVS title I could remember they were spot on on changing them. They even used to import the lastest SF2 titles via JP CPS2, so it was extra cool reading in your game mag about SSF2X arcade, then going to town and realising they had the JP version there and people were crowding around going crazy, I remember they got SSF2,SSF2X,SFZ2 all before I even read about them.

then it closed down. full of fruit machines now , I never did get in there the right time to ask about all the hardware

roy, tony, peter, you made my teenage life complete!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow

then it closed down. full of fruit machines now , I never did get in there the right time to ask about all the hardware

That is the worst feeling ever, missing out when one of your fav places closes down and you don't get to buy anything. Happened to me once, we used to have an import rental store near where I live about 92 ish to 95ish that would get all the latest games in and rent them out.
          Tons of good stuff one of my fav stores evar.

Then Blockbuster and that put the squeeze on the store and it closes and the geezer sells off al his games dirt cheap to all his customers. Only happened to be the weekend I was away. When I got home all my mates had tons of great deals and I was gutted

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
            ... used to be the don of arcades
            The don of arcades was Blackpool bro, no mistake 3 miles of non-stop gaming goodness...wins the don crown hands down bro

Comment

clarence Pier in Southsea used to be something special

now its just poo

Comment

Working...
              X