Side Scrolling Beat 'em ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Scrolling Beat 'em ups

Any suggestions on games (preferably for the MD, SNES and/or Saturn and preferably 2D) in the vein of scrolling fighters like Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage, Final Fight etc etc

I've played most of the similar stuff like Double Dragon but have a couple of JP games for the SNES which I'm having trouble remembering right now that are essentially unashamedly Final Fight clones and I want more!

Alex kidd in shinobi world for the master system is pretty decent.

Theres also a good captin america game for the megadrive thats very good. Very much like streets of rage. The cheesiness in it is quite funny too..

Comment

Captain america and the avengers is the name of the megadrive game, it came out on the snes/sfc too.
      Captain commando on the snes/sfc is fantasic though ive only played it on the ps1,coming out on the psp soon on the capcom classics collection.
      Rushing beat 1,2 &3 i think is the sfc final fight clones you were trying to think of? Not played any of them but i hear only 3 is any good.

Comment

Guardian heroes for the saturn

Dungeons and dragons collection for the saturn

sengoku 3 for the neo geo

Comment

Batman returns snes/sfc,
          Ninja warriors again snes/sfc, and
          Undercover cops on the sfc and i think us snes but its pretty rare and expensive.

Comment

rival turf on the snes

great game

Comment

Was cyborg justice any good?

Comment

There's an OK 'Kabuki' side scroller on the MD, as well as Growl/Runark (which is a bit tatty but playable-ish.) Renegade isn't bad on the MS if you've got an MS convertor.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                  Was cyborg justice any good?
                  Great graphics but no soul whatsoever and ultra-repetitive. Might be good to play for a few secs on an emu, though.

PS: Mazin Wars on the MD was OK, too.

Comment

I vaguley remember growl think i rented it many years ago.

Seem to recall it having quite alot of weapons you can pick up

Comment

theres a brilliant sailormoon scrolling fighter on the super famicom, i think its called sailormoon s or something similar, you should look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                        I vaguley remember growl think i rented it many years ago.

Seem to recall it having quite alot of weapons you can pick up
                        yeah its called runark in Japan

i like it - on one of the japanese taito games and on taito legends 2 in the uk

Comment

I can thoroughly recommend Batman Returns for the snes. It's top quality in all departments, and one of the best scrolling fighters ever made!

Comment

Do remember playing a few arcade scrolling fighters

Aliens vs predator

Teenage mutant turtles

armoured warriors

battle circuit

targer renegade (played that a lot for the spectrum)

Comment

**** that ****...yeah good etc...

You need Golden Fighter

rock out.

Comment

Working...
                              X