Saturn collecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn collecting

Im thinking about getting back into my jap saturn collecting soon and was wondering if theres any decent site's arounds like neo-geo.com but for saturn

Thanks
    Trev

There isn't really a good site around for us saturn collectors which is a shame. But there is this one, which i occasionally use for reference:

www.sega-saturn.com

I know it's pretty ****, but then you'll have an idea of what we have when it comes to websites...ft:

Comment

hey thanks , i know its a shame , i own about 40 titles now and can think of another 60 odd id like but im sure theres alot of titles i dont know about that id like :P

hasnt the jap saturn got like 3000 titles

Comment

I usually use Sega Gaga Domain. It has a whole heap of stuff with box art etc and has resulted in me buying a lot of JP Saturn stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by trev1976
          hasnt the jap saturn got like 3000 titles
          Afraid so....but i haven't done a recent count or anything...

I'm a huge SS collector, but am concentrating on my PAL collection at the moment. I'm hoping to complete it and then i'll start with the Jap games, but i don't think i'll try for the complete collection...

The trouble is that most of the SS sites that were around were taken offline quite a while ago. It'll just take one crazy collector to dedicate his time to creating a SS library on the net.....hmmm that's an idea...

Segagaga is an excellent site...as it is our owned by a fellow forum member and friend 'Yakumo'

Hats off to him, as he's taken the time to catalogue his personal collection...mind you he has the largest Jap SS collection i've ever seen..

Comment

heres an old thread i started on NG.com , i think im getting carried away i think its only 1000 titles , shame the guys pics gone cause it was well impressive

im interested in if anyone on here owns the whole japanese saturn game collection,im tempted to give it a go but im not to sure if id ever be able to finish it (i imagine it is a huge list) some pics would be nice just to make me jealous :envy:

Comment

Well i wouldn't be surprised if it was more than that...

Comment

yeah i wouldnt be surprised either , maybe yakumo could do a complete list one day with photos :P only kidding but that would be cool

Comment

Yakumo will probably end up with every game ever made on it...in the near future...

Comment

i hope so , apart from the AES i think the saturn and DC are the best console's around , well when i get my AES collection finished off (only 4 more games i want but damn there expensive) ill start on the saturn and post some pics in the yakumo thread here

Comment

Finished off...how many games have you got....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny
                        I usually use Sega Gaga Domain.
                        It's a good wee site that. I liked his thoughts on Radiant Silvergun:

"The most over hyped Shooter in history finally gets a place in my collection for the hefty sum of 15?000 yen (Bought November 2004) which is quite a lot when most used shooters peak at 5000 yen.

I?m sure that most of you know about Radiant Silvergun but just incase you don?t let me tell you a little about it. Radiant Silvergun is by Treasure, one of the most praised software houses in the world. So much so that even their standard games receive praise beyond belief which brings me to the point that I can't understand. Why do some people have so much love for this game? I admit that Radiant Silvergun is a good shooter but the way some people react you?d expect it to be the ultimate game that no other can touch. I?m 100% positive that if this game was made by a no mark company then nobody would give a **** about it or not as much as they do now because it?s made by Treasure."

That guy is spot on with such comments, plus it made me laugh.
                        Last edited by the_dude; 20-03-2006, 18:46.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillex
                          Segagaga is an excellent site...as it is our owned by a fellow forum member and friend 'Yakumo'
                          Ah, cool. Kudos to ya Yakumo mate, that's a hell of a site!

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillex
                            Finished off...how many games have you got....
                            lol nothing like that :P ive just got the games i like to play on that system ,

metal slug x
                            metal slug 3
                            garou motws
                            kof2002
                            last blade 1
                            last blade 2

and im after metal slug 1+2 conversions by cgames , kof98 and ssvs and thats it

after that ill stick to saturn its cheaper :P

Comment

I've virtually completed my personal Jpn Saturn collection - I have about 25 titles, a couple more on the way & a handful more to source & then I'm done.

Great machine

Comment

Working...
                              X