Genesis Alien Soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genesis Alien Soldier

Ive just been on ebay looking for Alien soldier for the genesis and was unsuccesful.. I even googled and froogled it and couldn't find any box-art of the genesis version. Was it only released in Japan and Europe?

I believe it was. Not certain though.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it never had a US release.

Comment

Well I could always get the pal version but i fear it may not run smooth on my modded pal md at 60 hz if i force it.. Apparently the later released pal titles were made to play at the proper 50 hz speed and can't be seccesfully modded. Comix zone is another example. It plays TOO fast and suffers from major slow-down half the time.As for the jap version *shows empty pockets*

Comment

Yep, it was definately a PAL / JAP only release.

Comment

You could always buy the PS2 version for a few quid.

Comment

I saw a JPN copy go for about ?45 a year ago.
              Missed out on that bargain.

Comment

I've got a PAL one and it's a real mess if you force it into 60hz ( way too fast). So either you play the slightly slower PAL optimised version in 50hz or stump up the ?100+ for a Jap one. To be honest I think the PAL version is pretty decent, and perfectly playable.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                  You could always buy the PS2 version for a few quid.
                  EDIT: N/M wrong game

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny
                    Is that on the Sega Ages line?
                    It's on the Gunstar Treasure box along with Dynamite Headdy and the GG versions.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
                      I've got a PAL one and it's a real mess if you force it into 60hz ( way too fast). So either you play the slightly slower PAL optimised version in 50hz or stump up the ?100+ for a Jap one. To be honest I think the PAL version is pretty decent, and perfectly playable.
                      Hmm, I used to play it on my Nomad with a Nitro 2 converter without any real problems. Sure, it was a lot faster than on the Megadrive, but I just assumed it was supposed to be that fast! It was certainly a real blast playing it at that speed ...

So presumably the Japanese version plays somewhere inbetween the PAL speed and the PAL-played-on-Genesis speed then?

Tirian

Comment

Cheers guys! I'll start savin up for a JAP one then pronto! Hey while were still on the whole 50/60 hz topic, do any snes or saturn games suffer from that problem? I mean 50 hz designed games being forced into 60 hz and running too fast.

Originally posted by Emir
                        I saw a JPN copy go for about ?45 a year ago.
                        Missed out on that bargain.
                        ?45? That'll do!

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244
                          Hey while were still on the whole 50/60 hz topic, do any snes or saturn games suffer from that problem? I mean 50 hz designed games being forced into 60 hz and running too fast.
                          Quite a few PAL SNES games do - Mario Kart is the first one that springs to mind.

Comment

Saturn games too, mainly the PAL optimized games like all the Virtua fighters, Sega rally, Last Bronx, Guardian heroes and Deep Fear run bad on NTSC systems.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer
                              Saturn games too, mainly the PAL optimized games like all the Virtua fighters, Sega rally, Last Bronx, Guardian heroes and Deep Fear run bad on NTSC systems.
                              But how would they do on a modded pal system?

Comment

Working...
                              X