Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox live on anything below ADSL or CABLE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox live on anything below ADSL or CABLE ?

Hi everyone

I've recently moved house and had to give up my 1 meg NTL connection

I'm now about to pay twice as much for a far worse service... yes I've got to get BT Home Highway (ISDN)

I've looked around on the web a bit and have read reports of Xbox Live actually working on ISDN. This is mainly down to ISDN actually offering you comparable pings for online gaming. I do know however that Live throws more data down the pipe which might be a problem. Also In the same thread someone else said they had connected at 56k? So Im not too sure If i believe the site.

I was just wondering if any trusted NTSC-UK people had experienced XBox Live on either single or dual ISDN. And If so could they recommend a good ISP. Im leaning towards Clara at the minute but they don'y offer dual channel.

Cheers

FB

Games like MotoGP1/2 might just about work if you turn of voice but I can't see anything else performing too well.

On my 512k connection most games use up to 256 downstream and about 64k up for transmitting voice etc.

Comment

Generally I'd have to say that Clara are absolutely wonderful. They aren't necessarily the cheapest, however, so you might want to check around.

Personally, I wouldn't switch from Clara if you paid me, though.

Comment

Working...
      X