Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSone collecting - jump right in

just recently got this little lot:

i'm still waiting on souky, shienryu, silhouette mirage, and finger flashing. But this lot will do till the postie brings the rest.

Hear that?....thats me slapping myself across the face for ever doubting the psone could provide quality 2D titles, it seems the saturn gets all the praise while the psone gets left out. While i'm now a changed man, i see the light the psone can give us 2D gaming at its best, now all i need to do is sniff out a copy of little ralph and harmful park.

Everybody must start loving the psone its starting to feel neglected

You've seen the light, congrats.

Now get some decent shooters

Raiden DX
    Gradius Gaiden
    R-Type Delta

All superb, and they won't break the bank like some of the others can.

Comment

And don't bother with Ralph - it's pretty ordinary at best.

Comment

collecting for the PS1 is such a laff and wont hurt the pocket at all man especially PAL, games at gamestation start at 2.99 and buy one get one free!! I have about 120 without even being an avid PS1 collector, recently played MEtal Slug X on the PS1, a very good attempt i must admit!

Comment

Big high five. The PSOne is a great machine.

Last edited by Commander Marklar; 24-03-2006, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
            i see the light the psone can give us 2D gaming at its best
            its not really is it, lets discuss the travesty that was the vs games (capcom)

not enough ram

anyway - i've just got one with a wee screen and now i have 3 games

chase the express
            resident evil
            r-type delta

looking for harmful park as well

Comment

It could be said that the Capcom VS. games are a travesty anyway - Shoot 'em-ups disguised as fighting games.

For shmups, I like the PS better than the Saturn.

Comment

You should get Einhander; I actually prefer it to R-Type Delta.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
                  It could be said that the Capcom VS. games are a travesty anyway - Shoot 'em-ups disguised as fighting games.

For shmups, I like the PS better than the Saturn.
                  already got the simple raystorm / raycrisis pack on its way

i like the vs games, more the earlier ones (xmen vs, streetfighter vs)

and Einhander has been bought - just waiting for my cheque to clear

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                    its not really is it, lets discuss the travesty that was the vs games (capcom)

not enough ram
                    But then DonPachi, DoDonPachi, Strikers 1945 II and Dracula X are all better on the PSone.

Comment

Where the f*** did you get panzer bandit from?

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
                        But then DonPachi, DoDonPachi, Strikers 1945 II and Dracula X are all better on the PSone.
                        since i'm new to the PSone scene - why are they better??

Comment

I reckon Zanac X Zanac is the best shmup of its era - pure class. Expensive, but totally worth the outlay.

Comment

Just upgraded to the PS versions of DonPachi & DDP recently myself. They look better and have less slowdown, Buster. None actually, there's an option to restore it to make it arcade-perfect. They're about twice as much as the SS versions though.

Originally posted by Jashin
                            I reckon Zanac X Zanac is the best shmup of its era - pure class. Expensive, but totally worth the outlay.
                            Agreed, superb game. Far too easy though. You seem to get a 1UP every 30secs.
                            Last edited by Kubrick; 24-03-2006, 20:22.

Comment

Zanac Neo is just about right for me if I whack it on to hard. Basically, although I enjoy playing shmups, I'm crap at them. Although it's all about the score, it's also nice to see more than 3 levels on one continue. I really like the multiplier system in Zanac as well. Oh, and the reactive and randomish nature of the baddies and their placement is also cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X