[Dreamcast] PAL 60hz game list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Dreamcast] PAL 60hz game list?

Do you know any complete list of original PAL DC games that run at 60hz?

This is the only list i found about it. But It does not contain what PAL games are 60hz, but only a few that are 50hz and can be converted or not to 60hz
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Thanks.

It would be much easier to just find out which PAL DC games cannot be run in 60hz as the vast majority either have a 60hz option or can be forced using a DC-X.

Comment

I know that about 70% of PAL DC games are 60hz. But I didn't find the complete "only 50hz" game list

Comment

Originally posted by User447
        Do you know any complete list of original PAL DC games that run at 60hz?

This is the only list i found about it. But It does not contain what PAL games are 60hz, but only a few that are 50hz and can be converted or not to 60hz
        http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare...2520/dcfaq.txt

Thanks.
        Hi nice to see some one using my dreamcast guide.

At the momment the 50hz list in incomplete, I'm half way into updating it at the momment, I should have my redone list somewhere around here, I see if I can dig it out tomorrow. As I don't have access to all the PAL games it's going to take quite a while to finish it.

It's about 90% of PAL cames that can be played in 60hz, some don't have ingame option so you have to use either a VGA Lead, Xploder or DC-X to force them into 60hz. So it's a safe bet that if a game doesn't have VGA support it can't be played in 60hz.

Here are some of the 50hz only games, haven't been able to test them on VGA, but you can't use the Xploder or DC-X to force them into 60hz.

Conflict Zone
        Dynamite Cop
        Maken X
        Pen Pen Triicelon
        Railroad Tycoon II
        Skies of Arcadia
        Aero Wings 2: Air Strike (I suspect the first game is as well)
        Blue Stinger
        Toy Commander (Full Screen however)
        Toyko Highway Challenge 2 (Full Screen however)

Hope that helps.

Comment

Tokyo Highway Challenge 2 automatically boots up in 60hz if you are using RGB (Tony Hawk's Skateboarding/Pro Skater 2 and Tokyo Highway Challenge 1 also do this though THC1 is weird in that it only changes to 60hz once it's been into the main game engine once) and I'm sure I've forced Toy Commander to boot up in 60hz before it's also VGA compatible as is THC2, general rule seems to be if it'll run in VGA, it can be forced into 60hz as well (as they're both the same speed)

One DC game that you can't force into anything at all other than 50hz though is Deadly Skies.

Comment

Working...
          X