Just bought a Supergun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a Supergun

So what boards should I be looking for? I like pretty much like all genres except for football games.
    The supergun is a Vega Jr. wired for jamma MVS and CPS2.
    Recommendations would be most appreciated.

What games do you like? Get those!

Otherwise get an MVS board and the slug games!
    Last edited by wheelaa; 31-03-2006, 15:57.

Comment

The reason I bought it was to play MVS games, metal slug in particular, I was just looking for other peoples recommendations of good games for it.

Comment

Sure. Search the forum..you'll find loads of threads on game appreciation. If you like the games and they're aracde then get them.

I'd personally get scrolling fighters. I only have a few boards but they're all beatemups, double dragon, final fight, turtles.

And snow bros, rainbow islands, bubble bobble are must haves too.

And don't get me started on shooters. R-Type is magical to this day!

Comment

R-Type Double Dragon and Wardner were the games I'd miss lessons to go play.
          I've got World Rally coming with it (another game I spent too much time with then)

Comment

Alien Vs Predator
            Progear no Arashi
            Armed Police Batrider
            Guwange
            Matrial Masters

Just a few examples of amazing games that should've got a home port.

Comment

Take your TV, and rotate it 90 degrees counter clockwise. If Mum/Wife/Girlfriend complain, tell them it's for the good of Humanity and the world will be a better place.

As for some Tate shooting action, I'd recommend:
              Armed Police Batrider
              Cyvern: The Dragon Weapons
              Dragon Blaze
              Ketsui
              Guwange
              ESP. Ra.De
              ESP. Galuda

As for MVS carts, I'd suggest all 6 Metal Slugs, Blazing Star, Pulstar, Last Resort, Last Blade 1 + 2, all 10 King of Fighters and all 6 Samurai Showdowns. Oh, and Shock Troopers 'cos it's ****ing ace.

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations, they have given new titles to look out for but the supergun hasn't arrived yet (supposed to have been a saturday delivery)

Comment

Wardner is just awesome.....damn im gona have to get on MAME this weekend and hook my pc up to my new samsung lcd and bash the hell out of that game.

God how i loved that game when i was younger.

Comment

Well, it finally arrived although it was down for saturday delivery, complete with a hole in the box and a massive dent in the console and I have to keep the manky looking thing in my house until the couriers accept liability, so I'm not a happy camper, so buying other boards isn't an issue at the minute (although world rally is awfully good)

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky
                      Well, it finally arrived although it was down for saturday delivery, complete with a hole in the box and a massive dent in the console and I have to keep the manky looking thing in my house until the couriers accept liability, so I'm not a happy camper, so buying other boards isn't an issue at the minute (although world rally is awfully good)
                      If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your supergun from, and, am I allowed to ask how much it cost?

Seriously thinking of getting into the pcb scene, so any info you could give would be helpful.

Cheers.

Comment

It was from videogame imports. it was on the site for ?300 I got some discount off it. The machine has been repacked and is now waiting for the couriers to collect it.
                        Last edited by deepsky; 10-04-2006, 12:00.

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky
                          It was from videogame imports. it was on the site for ?300 I got some discount off it. The machine has been repacked and now and is waiting for the couriers to collect it
                          HOW MUCH!

Bloody hell I'm in the wrong trade. That said it's the best bit of kit you will own, but I'll put money on you upgrading to the full cab experience within 12 months

Comment

Seriously though I would get hold of a complete set of MAME roms. It's an invaluable source which I use all the time to inform my PCB purchases.

As for some faves here's one of mine (won't be compatible with your kit though and needs a vert screen )

Search and Rescue

And here's one of the handful of great Neo Geo Shooters

Last Resort

I've got Blazing Star which is pretty good if a little on the raw side in terms of system

Comment

?300!!!

cant you like make your own for the price of a PC PSU, a loom and some plugs?

Comment

Working...
                              X