Giving up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving up?

Dont know what it is? Maybe its just the way im feeling today? You'll forgive my self indulgence i hope? Im feeling choked and suffercated by my gaming collection and i'll feel like getting rid of the lot. Maybe i have too many collections on the go, no time and im spending way to much. The point my 'hobby' turned from 'fun' to 'obssesion' was passed a long time ago. I feel like i should clearout pretty much everything bar a handheld and a home machine. I have too much stuff. Does your collection ever 'suffercate' you? Am i going mad? Possestions(sp) are bad..

I know how you feel, I recently sold all my Saturn Collection, most of the ps1 section and just kept titles that I know I "want" to play, rather than just have for the sake of it.

At first I regretted it but it's a much nicer "collection" so to speak now, whatever you do though, don't sell it all up, you WILL regret it in the near future.

I've seen your passion for games personally via PM's etc and the recent stuff we've dealt with.

Cut it down, severly if you have to. You'l feel better for it

Comment

yeah ive felt like that a few times but have always resisted getting rid of my best stuff and if i have got rid of something i like i always end up buying it back, i think you would regret it if you did flog all your stuff and alot of it is so hard to get , but if you do decided to sell first dibs on dodonpachi for PSX if you have it :P

Comment

Ive downsized my collection on many occasions Ive just done it again recently but I find myself buying all the stuff up again its a nightmare id try to keep it if I were you cause you will only regret it or replace it with something else

Comment

I'm sure most people go through phases like this. Just sell everything you're not going to play anytime soon.

Comment

i think it's a typical 'grass is greener' situation that only flippin' humans seem to go through. I'd be lying if i didn't feel like that occasionally.

Comment

I dont know? Sometimes im so pround of what ive collected, but at the momment it just seems like a pile of junk. Too much stuff! It cant be healthy to go to sleep thinking about Toplan shooting battle? I kinda envy the 'casual' gammer right now who'll pick up a game, enjoy it then go do something else rather than trawling ebay and forums 12 hours a day 7 day a week like a some kinda gaming pervet!

Comment

Well, I feel I have too many games myself, but I'll eventually whittle that down to just the genuine AAA stuff that I wouldn't want to be without. I'd suggest you do the same if you feel it's "junk".

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                  then go do something else rather than trawling ebay and forums 12 hours a day 7 day a week like a some kinda gaming pervet!

classic :P

Comment

I'd just be patient mate! Don't get rid of anything you WILL regret it trust me! It's just a phase. Go do something different, go on holiday, see the world, get a life. You'll soon find yourself missing your good ol' collection and coming back to it.

Comment

Hmm, I'd get rid of the excess if I were you and keep the BEST stuff.

Ive just flogged half my Dreamcast collection and now, almost have the perfect collection for me. It looks a lot nicer too, in a way.

But anyway, for gaming and not collecting, one handheld and a console is OK, really.

Comment

One mans ****e is another mans gold - Stick by that and you won't go wrong.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about owning more than one machine though.. The amount of games that i would PLAY and not COLLECT is staggering! Just buy what u enjoy playing.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                            I kinda envy the 'casual' gammer right now who'll pick up a game, enjoy it then go do something else rather than trawling ebay and forums 12 hours a day 7 day a week like a some kinda gaming pervet!
                            I was thinking about this recently... about the fact that "casual gamers" are maybe more genuine that us "experts" people that fill forums and spend more time discussing than playing. after all, knowing the names behind Resident Evil or Gran Turismo don't make them any better, nor knowing how many prequels/versions of a given game on what platform were released before the current one.
                            instead of quitting the hobby, I was planning to stop posting on forums and acquiring new titles for a while, so use my spare time to play games, instead of indulging on self-sex about them. maybe I should play some simpler game, like old school shooters, platforms and scrolling beatemups, to get back to the roots of my love for vg.
                            the fact that I'm posting here right now shows how well my plan worked

Comment

I just flogged all my old Mega Drive crap and feel great about it. Especially because the money went straight into some nice new SNES imports

Comment

Working...
                              X